[postfix/courier/mysql] Mail filtering and "default domain"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netcrusher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: [postfix/courier/mysql] Mail filtering and "default dom Reply with quote

Hi,

I have successfully set up a virtual mail server according to the great howto in the Wiki (postfix, courier, authdaemon, smtp-auth, mysql, roundcube). I have three questions remaining:

• I have a virtual domain mail.example.com and a canonical domain of example.com. Now, I would like to have mail.example.com as my "default" virtual domain. I have already read on address rewriting but would like to reassure that this is possible and I go the right path.

• MUAs are still using the full virtual domain of mail.example.com for setting up my server (default anyway)
    • Any incoming mail to example.com should be rewritten to mail.example.com
    • Any outgoing mail from mail.example.com should be rewritten to example.com (masquerade_domains?)

• I have currently aliased postmaster as admin in /etc/mail/aliases. Am I right in thinking this only applies to my canonical domain example.com? How can I route postmaster@example.com to admin@mail.example.com?
  • I would like to filter mail in a specific account upon receipt. How could I best accomplish this? Filtering in the MUA is not an option since I have multiple devices. (Subscribed to quite some mailing lists => many incoming mails)

Feel free to ask for further information, I often forget to include information in my initial posts.
Thank you very much for your kind support!

netcrusher

EDIT: Seems like the "default" virtual domain can easily be solved through the transport setting (local/virtual/relay) -- please forgive my stupidity!
hydrapolic
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just use the domain example.com and deliver using virtual.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: