Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
More fun with social impedance mismatches.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuliSuominen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: steveL
Topic: udev is doomed
Reason: Abusive user. Delete his post, and while at it, entire thread if needed. Lock it at the very least down. People don't have anything new to add to it.

Last edited by SamuliSuominen on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: krinn
Reason: Yes, close the thread and end it here please
Udev is relevant for users, please make sure
Fear and Uncertainty is not spread on this topic.
Kernel.org will not let udev die. As Gentoo developers won't.
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssuominen wrote:
Reason: Only trolling, rehashing discussed issues in the same thread over and over again to irritate answers out of others (like, other, neutral people, who are there to discuss technical issues). This particular post doesn't make *any* sense, but looks very confusing, even accusing to others

It makes perfect sense: in fact it's echoed in the very next post. You call it "rehashing" to discuss the fact that you've just called NeddySeagoon a troll who is spreading religious misinformation. Amazing.
Quote:
Remove the user, heck, remove the thread if you want to, or lock it down after removing steveL's posts, people don't have anything more to say, except the trolls

I think I'll have to take this up with comrel, once I've sorted out their issues with trustees. The amount of trolling you have done on the forums, and on the mailing lists, the FUD you have spread about both other projects and Gentoo's ability to keep running without systemd/udev insanity, your continued abuse of your position, both to try and stifle differing opinion, and to spread poison on the mailing lists, over such a consistent period of time simply has to be addressed. Give me a few weeks, or by all means file the bug yourself. I have plenty of documented cases to evince every word I have just typed.

Mods please don't delete this post; move it elsewhere if needs be.

"Neutral people" pfft.
SamuliSuominen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveL wrote:
ssuominen wrote:
Reason: Only trolling, rehashing discussed issues in the same thread over and over again to irritate answers out of others (like, other, neutral people, who are there to discuss technical issues). This particular post doesn't make *any* sense, but looks very confusing, even accusing to others

It makes perfect sense: in fact it's echoed in the very next post. You call it "rehashing" to discuss the fact that you've just called NeddySeagoon a troll who is spreading religious misinformation. Amazing.
Quote:
Remove the user, heck, remove the thread if you want to, or lock it down after removing steveL's posts, people don't have anything more to say, except the trolls

I think I'll have to take this up with comrel, once I've sorted out their issues with trustees. The amount of trolling you have done on the forums, and on the mailing lists, the FUD you have spread about both other projects and Gentoo's ability to keep running without systemd/udev insanity, your continued abuse of your position, both to try and stifle differing opinion, and to spread poison on the mailing lists, over such a consistent period of time simply has to be addressed. Give me a few weeks, or by all means file the bug yourself. I have plenty of documented cases to evince every word I have just typed.

"Neutral people" pfft.

I was perfectly within limits to call out such nonsense and ask the reason for it. You, in the other hand, well, we all know how that goes just by reading your forums history. Enough said.
I'm sure you will do your best to put more issues out of context and twist them around.
SamuliSuominen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
User: krinn
Reason: Yes, close the thread and end it here please
Udev is relevant for users, please make sure
Fear and Uncertainty is not spread on this topic.
Kernel.org will not let udev die. As Gentoo developers won't.

+1, even if the moderators don't want to close down any specific user for spreading the FUD, the thread has certainly out lived itself
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssuominen wrote:
steveL wrote:

"Neutral people" pfft.

I was perfectly within limits to call out such nonsense and ask the reason for it. You, in the other hand, well, we all know how that goes just by reading your forums history. Enough said.
I'm sure you will do your best to put more issues out of context and twist them around.

It's amazing how much the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" come to mind once you get started.

1) I've posted a lot less than you have in all these threads where I am supposedly "only trolling"

2) "rehashing discussed issues" would appear to be a consistent theme of these threads, and if systemd fanbois didn't keep ignoring the points put to them, exactly as you did with khayyam's point, but continue to talk past, typically with the same old FUD that has been countered time and again, only with a new "spin" on it, then you will get people responding.

And it's simply not just me, which I think is the part that irritates you the most. In the recent threads a few other users have spoken of their concerns, quite understandably, and you cannot point to a history of their posts, so you point to me. Especially after I called you out on your frankly disgusting behaviour on the ML a couple of years ago (i'll dig it out for the bug, nw.)

The trouble is, the only reason I've been voicing them consistently, is because I keep an eye on upcoming changes, like any responsible user, and more because since we wrote the warning mechanism ferringb discussed last year on ML, about 5 or 6 years ago (the "summer of expat" w/e that was) I've been helping to keep other people's machines upgrading better. And in the last 2 years, the most consistent source of problems has been udev changes, followed by other frankly hare-brained ideas from the same upstream.

There's nothing I can do about that: it's a natural consequent of the same problems others have voiced, only I have to maintain software around it. Sorry if you don't like the fact that my position is based on both experience and technical knowledge, and instead wish to portray me as a "hater". Nothing could be further from the truth, in that I simply don't have the energy to hate a piece of software. Nor do I particularly care about what "someone on the internet" thinks about software engineering.

3) None of that has got anything to do with your behaviour. Stating it is "nonsense" doesn't make it so: in fact other users have chimed in to say they took that upstream statement ("your setup is a dead-end") in exactly the same way. And no offence, but before you call anything NeddySeagoon says about Computing nonsense, you'd better be damned sure of your ground. AFAIC you're completely and utterly wrong, and we can discuss how and why in more detail if you need it, but I feel pretty confident wiser heads than you understand exactly what Neddy was saying, and consider it a valid point, even if a single voluntary developer is currently willing to maintain the patchsets required.

In passing, I'd just note that you have an awful lot of time to patch upstream so no-one uses anything else, but cannot make the simplest adjustments to keep upstream config stupidity out of Gentoo users' hair. You also have an inordinate amount of time to keep spouting the same bogus arguments over and over, then complain when anyone says they disagree. Sorry but I don't, so I'll leave it there.
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split from the reports topic, and locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: