NSA gets data from Angry Birds
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: NSA gets data from Angry Birds Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25922569
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put this in the "no shit" category.

Of course they do. I disabled GPS on my portable devices because F*** the NSA.

[rant]Were America foolish enough to vote me president with a pure libertarian congress, the first thing I'd do is end the drug war and eliminate the DEA. Then I would eliminate the NSA, DHS, both DOE's, and the EPA. Then I would change the ATF into a chain of stores.

On the second day, I'd dissolve every governmental agency created the day after George Washington's first inauguration.[/rant]
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
On the first day, I'd dissolve every governmental agency created the day after George Washington's first inauguration.
FTFY.

On the second day, I'd go golfing.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Muso wrote:
On the first day, I'd dissolve every governmental agency created the day after George Washington's first inauguration.
FTFY.

On the second day, I'd go golfing.

++

ok, you win!

pjp for president
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBC Nightly News tonight spun this new revelation to make it sound like it's not the U.S. Government doing this at all.

The headline was that the British are spying on facebook, Google, and other social media sites. Somewhere buried in the story in a quickly-delivered citation, they mentioned the NSA, but it was artfully buried between several mentions of the British on either side of it. Then at at the end, they said doing this in in the U.S. would be illegal, and read a statement from the NSA that they do not do this (but cautioning Americans who travel abroad that foreign intelligence services might be spying on them).

8O

The bullshit is neck deep, folks.

I fully expect Big Brother Obama, in his big fap-fest tonight (the State of the Union speech), to portray himself as the champion of privacy and individual civil rights who is cracking down to stop this authoritarian shit that he knew nothing about from happening, beyond what he needs to be able to do to kill all the bin Ladens trying to eat our babies. I expect him also to patronizingly tell us again that "Nobody is reading your email".

Actually, come to think of it, I think he will skirt the issue and try to create a big, fat, red herring to distract everybody from what he's not addressing: all the authoritarian abuse scandals (to include the NSA bit, Ben Ghazi, IRS, Fast & Furious, WMD Syria, Guantanamo, etc., etc.); the Obamacare Fail (of which he have only seen the tip of the fail iceberg); why we're still running a trillion dollar deficit and the economy still sucks; why unemployment is still so high... instead of talking about that, he'll throw up a big "It's not my fault -- nothing is my fault. It's Congress. Those damned 'checks and balances' keep me from acting like a dictator. If I were dictator, everything would be perfect."
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
8O

The bullshit is neck deep, folks.

++
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
NBC Nightly News tonight spun this new revelation to make it sound like it's not the U.S. Government doing this at all.
The left is not at all interested in any criticism of their side. It doesn't matter what happens. It IS all Bush's fault, and if a Republican wins, it'll be all their fault. Low information voter is a polite understatement.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the story immediately following that, NBC Nightly News said that 'there is much speculation over whether Hillary will run or not, but Republicans have already started to attack her, just in case she does'. They say this after two solid weeks of trying to smear Chris Christie with much ado about nothing.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I'll put this in the "no shit" category.

Of course they do. I disabled GPS on my portable devices because F*** the NSA.

[rant]Were America foolish enough to vote me president with a pure libertarian congress, the first thing I'd do is end the drug war and eliminate the DEA. Then I would eliminate the NSA, DHS, both DOE's, and the EPA. Then I would change the ATF into a chain of stores.

On the second day, I'd dissolve every governmental agency created the day after George Washington's first inauguration.[/rant]

on the third day, the pollution would kill everybody who was not killed by poisioned food and 'patent medicine'. Well done. One country less to worry about. My plans for world domination are going forward.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me. The first thing I'd do is invade and annex Canada, so they can get over their inferiority complex. Then I'd start a new immigration program: any hard-working Mexican who wants to be American can come trade places with a Democrat, who will be involuntarily relocated to Mexico. The first people to go would be the Kennedys and relatives, the Clintons, and the entire staff of MSNBC. To be fair, the Bush and Cheney family and Fox News would be banished to Russia.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: