Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Mixing KDE version / portage loosing track?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjeldahl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Mixing KDE version / portage loosing track? Reply with quote

After trying to get KDE running directly from CVS using the package supplied by the KDE gentoo maintainer, I suspect portage have lost track of some of my packages. For instance, 3.0.3 seems to be installed and run fine. But when I do emerge search kde, I get:

* kde-base/kde
Latest version Available: 3.0.3
Latest version Installed: 3.0.3
Homepage: http://www.kde.org/
Description: KDE 3.0.3 - merge this to pull in all non-developer kde-base/* packages

So far so good, but later down I see:

* kde-base/kdeadmin
Latest version Available: 3.0.3
Latest version Installed: [ Not Installed ]
Homepage: http://www.kde.org/
Description: KDE 3.0.3 - administration tools

and similar (not installed) for kdeartwork, kdebase, kdeedu, kdegames, kdegraphics and kdelibs. If I try to emerge these individually, them seem to compile and install fine, but if I do emerge search kde again, it still says they are not installed.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks.
mksoft
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For more info: How have you used the cvs ebuilds :?:

Did you put the in a local (e.g.: /usr/portage.local) and sry PORTDIR_OVERLAY to point to that dir, or did you untar them into /usr/portage :?:

Also make sure you've removed KDE2DIR and KDE3DIR from /etc/make.globals.

try running:
Code:
qpkg -l kdeadmin
and examine the ouotput. It should list each version of the ebuild and the files installed by it.
kjeldahl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I untarred in /usr, meaning it installed itself in /usr/portage.

I tried running qpkg -l kdeadmin, and it listed both 3.0.3 and 5 with lots of files for both.

However, I also did an emerge search kde again, and now the kde packages (including kdeadmin) shows up ok again (as installed, latest version 5). Before trying it again I did emerge rsync and emerge portage, so I guess that fixed it again. My guess is that is was something with portage.

Since my system seem to recognize my attempts to install KDE from cvs again, and also works fine with 3.0.3, I will keep retrying to install KDE from cvs.

It seems there is a new version of the kde-cvs file at http://www.gentoo.org/~danarmak/kde-cvs.html which is dated 0829 (think the previous one was 0813). I will install it and try again now.

Thanks for the tip.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: