Space Combat Game
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlockFin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:17 am    Post subject: Space Combat Game Reply with quote

I'm in a space combat phase and I found this today. Very much in development. Very cool music and mood. Awesome graphics, interface.

http://www.parsec.org/

Doesn't have the complication I'd like to see in a space combat game, though. Hopefully they'll add more later.

Anyone have any other SC recommendations? I tried Vendetta, won't install in Linux and freezes in Winblows.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten all about parsec. Seems like they are still working on it. Have you played it? How was the install?
BlockFin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Space Combat Game Reply with quote

I ran it for a few minutes. Excellent. Pretty boring after a while, with no single-player mode and no way to internet-play, but of course it's only a preliminary LAN-test. Good luck to the Parsec team.
bod
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Space Combat Game Reply with quote

BlockFin wrote:
Anyone have any other SC recommendations? I tried Vendetta, won't install in Linux and freezes in Winblows.

Hmmm, I had absolutely no trouble installing Vendetta - what errors were you getting?
I recommend you get it running if you can - it's just a basic 'deathmatch in space' game at the moment, but it shows they have a very good base for their long term plans.

Vega Strike http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/ looks very interesting, though I haven't had time to try it yet.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be the homepage for Vendetta.
n0n
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a lot of fun playing Andromeda 9, though it's not open-source and there's no ebuild for it yet (been on my to-do plate for awhile now). Just a simple top-view 2d shooter, but it looks great and it's a lot of fun. Very much a network app, though. Evidentally you've really got to stand on your head to be able to play it when you're not connected to the internet, and I've never tried, myself . . .
ASCI Blue
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm friends with the head developer of VS (he's on Dalnet in #wing-commander and called Tiger-Shark) VS ATM is a really nice looking game for having only one person working on it. I had problems with no sound but I'm not sure if that's because there is no sound or what. Once it's done it ought to be a nice game. For those of you who played Wing Commander Privateer this is a must have.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: