Installing Blender
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wantoast
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Installing Blender Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm trying to install Blender but, I get this error:

Code:

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for media-gfx/blender
... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "blender" has unmet requirements.
- media-gfx/blender-2.68a::gentoo USE="boost bullet dds elbeem game-engine nls openexr openmp sdl sse sse2 tiff -collada -colorio -cycles -debug -doc -ffmpeg -fftw -jack -jpeg2k -ndof -openal -player -redcode -sndfile" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_3" PYTHON_TARGETS="-python3_3"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    python_single_target_python3_3? ( python_targets_python3_3 )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    python_single_target_python3_3? ( python_targets_python3_3 ) exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python3_3 ) player? ( game-engine ) redcode? ( jpeg2k ) cycles? ( boost openexr tiff ) nls? ( boost ) game-engine? ( boost )

I know that I have to add some USE tags, but which?
Thanks in advance!
sebB
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blender need python 3_3

In package.use
Code:
media-gfx/blender python_targets_python3_3 python_single_target_python3_3
poinck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this suggested changes I get following error:

Code:
# emerge -a blender

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy "dev-python/numpy[python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_single_target_python3_3(+)?]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- media-gfx/blender-2.68a::gentoo (Change USE: -python_targets_python3_3, this change violates use flag constraints defined by media-gfx/blender-2.68a: 'python_single_target_python3_3? ( python_targets_python3_3 ) exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python3_3 ) player? ( game-engine ) redcode? ( jpeg2k ) cycles? ( boost openexr tiff ) nls? ( boost ) game-engine? ( boost )')
(dependency required by "media-gfx/blender-2.68a" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "blender" [argument])

I don't know what to do about "numply" which is triggering the conflict
radio_flyer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bumped into this myself on my mostly-stable amd64 system.

I've had blender keyworded and running for some time. Then portage went into the dependency hell you described today on my latest sync. Turns out that something upgraded (python?, numpy went stable? EAPI). I'm not sure what the trigger event was. What I did finally discover is that the USE flags in /usr/portage/profiles/eapi-5-files/use.stable.mask suddenly took effect, namely, 'python_targets_python3_3' and 'python_single_target_python3_3'. What this means is that if you were using those flags on dev-python/numpy and media-gfx/blender, they are no longer recognized for stable packages (or packages that have recently gone stable, like numpy).

What you need to do is create an /etc/portage/profile/use.mask file with the following two lines:
Code:

-python_single_target_python3_3
-python_targets_python3_3

That will restore the effectiveness of those two python USE flags on a stable system with stable packages, allowing you to build python 3.3, numpy and blender as required.

With any luck, python 3.3 will hit stable sooner rather than later, and without too much of a bang.
poinck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what I found out in a different thread; but I still have the package.use entries for numpy and blender in place. Can I now remove those package-uses if I have the more global options in the profile/use.mask?

On the other hand I had to set "app-office/libreoffice python_single_target_python2_7 python_targets_python2_7" for libre-office. I'm not sure what the best way is to set up python3_3 for blender. I tend to remove the global profile options to keep it as simple as possible.
radio_flyer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I have in my /etc/portage/package.use for blender:
Code:

dev-python/numpy python_targets_python3_3
media-gfx/blender cycles ffmpeg fftw openal python_single_target_python3_3 python_targets_python3_3
=dev-python/setuptools-0.8-r1 python_targets_python3_3

The /etc/portage/profile/package.mask simply 'masks the mask' of those USE flags in the global profile, allowing them to take effect in your package.use. You still need the flags defined in package.use.

I also had to unkeyword the following in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords:
Code:

media-gfx/blender
sci-libs/ldl
sci-libs/suitesparseconfig
=dev-lang/python-3.3.2-r2
=dev-python/python-docs-3.3.2
=dev-lang/python-exec-2.0

I don't have any other packages with the python_single_target or python_targets USE flags set, nor do I have PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET or PYTHON_TARGETS defined in make.conf. I'm trying not to muck up the default profile too much either as this python 2 to python 3 transition slowly meanders forward.

It's curious you mention libreoffice, as I had an issue with portage showing no PYTHON_TARGETS with that as well, and nothing I tried seemed to fix it. What I finally discovered was that the terminal window I was running emerge from seemed to have a different environment than the other console window I was using to modify the python_target flags. For example, I could add PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" in /etc/portage/make.conf and emerge would not pick it up, but typing 'PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" emerge -uDVNp world' would. Very strange--I've never seen that before. I logged out entirely (of KDE) and back in again, and now the python flags were picked up correctly, libreoffice now picked up PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 -python3_3" as it did before, and emerge stopped trying to rebuild it. Sorting all that out made it a more painful upgrade cycle than usual.
poinck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, this explains why I didn't see any changes with this variables, too. I removed them from my make.conf I am not sure, but maybe:

Code:
. /etc/profile

helps to source all newly defined veriables. Starting a new bash in the same terminal could help, too. Never tried.
hasufell
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
# grep PYTHON_TARGETS /etc/portage/make.conf
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_2 python3_3"

# grep python3_3 /etc/portage/profile/use.mask

# grep media-gfx/blender /etc/portage/package.use
media-gfx/blender python_single_target_python3_3
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasufell wrote:
Code:
# grep PYTHON_TARGETS /etc/portage/make.conf
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_2 python3_3"

# grep python3_3 /etc/portage/profile/use.mask

# grep media-gfx/blender /etc/portage/package.use
media-gfx/blender python_single_target_python3_3
You do not need to unmask anything in /etc/portage/profile/use.mask any more. Quite contrary this was once a needed workaround but will wreak havoc with python-exec updates these days. This should be all you need: (My USE flags left in for reference)
Code:
sed-notebook ~ # wc -l /etc/portage/profile/*.mask
0 /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask
0 /etc/portage/profile/use.mask
0 total
sed-notebook ~ # grep PYTHON_TARGET /etc/portage/make.conf
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_2"
sed-notebook ~ # grep blender /etc/portage/*
/etc/portage/package.accept_keywords:=media-gfx/blender-2.68a::gentoo
/etc/portage/package.use:media-gfx/blender collada -colorio cycles -doc openal player python_single_target_python3_3 python_targets_python3_3
sed-notebook ~ # emerge --ask --oneshot blender

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies  .... . .... done!
[ebuild   R   ~] media-gfx/blender-2.68a  USE="boost bullet collada -colorio cycles dds -debug -doc elbeem ffmpeg fftw game-engine -jack jpeg2k -ndof nls openal openexr openmp player -redcode sdl sndfile sse sse2 tiff" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_3" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_3" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] no

Quitting.

hasufell
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
You do not need to unmask anything in /etc/portage/profile/use.mask any more. Quite contrary this was once a needed workaround but will wreak havoc with python-exec updates these days. This should be all you need: (My USE flags left in for reference)

I don't know what havoc is and what bug you are referring to.
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasufell wrote:
Yamakuzure wrote:

I don't know what havoc is and what bug you are referring to.
I do not refer to any bug. And the problems where due to a different entry in /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask. Sorry, my mistake. The move from dev-python/python-exec to dev-lang/python-exec wasn't possible when I had "dev-lang/python-exec -python_targets_python3_3" for blender in /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask.

However, there shouldn't be a need to unmask any USE flag for installing blender any more.

Edith just wanted to note: havoc = devastation, chaos
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: