View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skirmitch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED ]Region-cc-panel error Reply with quote

Hey there. After messing up badly my system i decided to reinstall clean gentoo. Everything is perfect but one thing: Cant change my keyboard layout through gnome-control-center (gnome-3.6) cuz i get the following error when opening "Region and Language":

Code:
Aranza ~ # gnome-control-center

(gnome-control-center:5170): region-cc-panel-WARNING **: Failed to contact localed: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.locale1: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 1

Segmentation fault

Its actually VERY important for me to have this since i speak spanish and need US international layout. Greetings and any hint will b appreciated (allready tryed to rebuild dbus-glib)

Last edited by Skirmitch on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skirmitch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem fixed... its so noob i'm actually ashamed to post the solution but i will anyways to help new people in case they are lost: I didnt know Systemd was such a "revolution", i thought it was just an other package and didnt configure the kernel to boot with it neither i did any of its configs. problem solved this way.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: