President writes strongly worded letter
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: President writes strongly worded letter Reply with quote

Here's the beginning of the draft:
Quote:
Con Prezidente Opoobah!
8O

France's Hollande to seek stronger data protection after US spy claims
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Political theater; the major European governments have been complicit the whole time and they know it. This like a child molesting parent making a big show of publicly demanding the school board do more to protect the children.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Political theater; the major European governments have been complicit the whole time and they know it. This like a child molesting parent making a big show of publicly demanding the school board do more to protect the children.

Let's not forget the giant orgasm recorded in Europe when Obummer showed. The dummies even gave him a Nobel!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Let's not forget the giant orgasm recorded in Europe when Obummer showed. The dummies even gave him a Nobel!

That should go into the Guinness Book of World's Records as the single largest instance of premature ejaculation in the history of mankind. The naive or ignorant of the world had a Messiahgasm: "Follow the sign of the gourd!!"
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Obummer told Hollande that it is not that bad. Now we know it is much worse.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
The Obummer told Hollande that it is not that bad. Now we know it is much worse.

Not only that, but they had to wipe the Obummerjizz off their little Iberian chins. :P
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeys on organic spaceship.
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opoohbah called Hollande on the phone. If you need a live recording of that conversation, please contact your local NSA fairy.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably told them he is not spying, just "monitoring", for their own good and for the good of the global kommunity.

After all, we have a responsibility as the World Police.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Brother Obama (mister "ich bin ein Berliner") says he is not tapping Merkel's phone (let me be perfectly clear... at least, not at the moment).
Quote:
Furious German officials said Wednesday that U.S. intelligence agencies may have been monitoring German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s cellphone, and the German leader spoke to President Obama on Wednesday about the issue, according to her spokesman.

Merkel told Obama that, if the accusations are confirmed, she “unequivocally disapproves of such practices and sees them as completely unacceptable,” her spokesman, Steffen Seibert, said in a highly unusual late-night statement.
“Between close friends and partners … there should be no such monitoring of the communication of a head of government. That would be a grave breach of trust,” Seibert said, calling for any monitoring to halt immediately.
Obama on Wednesday assured Merkel, an angry ally since the extent of the American surveillance program was disclosed several months ago, that the United States is not eavesdropping on her telephone calls after reports in Germany raised fears that such spying was taking place, the White House said Wednesday.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters that Obama told Merkel during the phone call – initiated by the German chancellor – that the United States "is not monitoring and will not monitor" her phone conversations. Asked whether the statement left open the possibility that the NSA has swept up Merkel's calls in the past, Carney said he did not have an answer to that question.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/10/23/obama-assures-merkel-u-s-is-not-eavesdropping-on-her-calls/
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember how much crap we heard from the Obama 2008 campaign about how he was going to improve our image abroad, restore relationships with our allies, and sit down without preconditions to offer an open hand to our enemies? Since then, all he's done is bomb the crap out of several countries, piss everybody off (allies and enemies alike), and leave things worse than he found them.
Quote:
Germany and France united in fury over U.S. spying accusations

Representatives of both Merkel and French President Francois Hollande said the two would hold a one-on-one meeting ahead of the 1500 GMT start of the summit to discuss the espionage issue.

For Germany the matter is particularly sensitive. Not only does the government say it has evidence the chancellor's personal phone was monitored, but the very idea of bugging dredges up memories of eavesdropping by the Stasi secret police in the former East Germany, where Merkel grew up.

Following leaks by data analyst Edward Snowden, which revealed the reach of the U.S. National Security Agency's vast data-monitoring programs, Washington finds itself at odds with a host of important allies, from Brazil to Saudi Arabia.

In an unusually strongly worded statement on Wednesday evening, Merkel's spokesman said the chancellor had spoken to President Barack Obama to seek clarity on the spying charges.

"She made clear that she views such practices, if proven true, as completely unacceptable and condemns them unequivocally," the statement read.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said Obama had assured Merkel that the United States "is not monitoring and will not monitor" the chancellor's communications, leaving open the possibility that it had happened in the past.

A White House official declined to say whether Merkel's phone had previously been bugged. "I'm not in a position to comment publicly on every specific alleged intelligence activity," the official said.

German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle has summoned the U.S. ambassador to Berlin to discuss the issue.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/24/us-eu-summit-idUSBRE99N0BJ20131024
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: