PHP, Apache & MySql
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alutke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: PHP, Apache & MySql Reply with quote

OK. I have installed PHP Apache and MySQL. I have started the Apache and MySQL services. I have configured the apache.conf for the php modules (and can run php without a hitch). I have also configured php.ini so it can find the mysqld.sock file. Whats the problem then I hear you ask?

Well, whenever I use phpmyadmin I can authenticate to the database and seem to some database data, but if I try to delete or insert any data I get an error - "You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1". I hear the cries now "MySQL Permissions!!!". I have checked this also and ensured that I have granted all rights for two different users and tested. If it was just phpmyadmin I could survive, but postnuke won't talk to the database either. I have created the database and done all of the pre-installation steps however the install.php won't complete! I don't even get an error only - "Unable to make database"

Well I hope another gentoo user has some insights for me because this is the main thing I use my Linux box for!! I love Gentoo and don't want to give up on it so puhlease help!!!

Thanks in advance
Alex
kendricbeachey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a similar note, I want to run PostNuke on my box. I've got Apache and PHP on speaking terms, and MySQL is a happy camper. But I can't figure out how to get PHP compiled with MySQL support in it.

I have made sure to include "mysql" in my USE block in /etc/make.conf, and "emerge php" seems to finish without any complaints, but the phpinfo page still shows no mysql support compiled in. The install.php of PostNuke quits with a fatal error the first time it tries to use the mysql_connect function, because it doesn't recognize that function as being valid.

On my Mandrake box at work, PHP came out of the box already set up to use mysql support as an extension. Is there a good way to do this under Gentoo? I'm still pretty new to Gentoo and PHP, so there may be something basic that I've overlooked.
Sykus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no clue on Alutke's problem, but kendric is covered. you should do one emerge with all three, i.e.

Code:
emerge apache mysql mod_php

and make sure your apache.conf is configured for php

at least, that worked for me
friedmud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: USE variable..... Reply with quote

Do you have MYSQL in your USE variable?? It is in /etc/make.conf

if you didn't have it in there then you built PHP without mysql support. Just put MYSQL in your USE variable and do:

emerge php

and it should pick up the changes....

Derek
kendricbeachey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sykus had the right idea. Turns out it wasn't PHP that was kicking my butt, but mod_php. D'oh! Thanks people!
lahaine
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendricbeachey, did postnuke work for you? Or has anyone else successfully run postnuke (or php_nuke) on a standard-ish Gentoo system?

I'm about to try it out, emerging apache, mysql, mod_php at the moment.
kendricbeachey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahaine wrote:
kendricbeachey, did postnuke work for you? Or has anyone else successfully run postnuke (or php_nuke) on a standard-ish Gentoo system?

I'm about to try it out, emerging apache, mysql, mod_php at the moment.

Yes, it's working well, thank you! Good luck on your end.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: