LVM, LUKS, RAID5, systemd troubles
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunterisgreat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: LVM, LUKS, RAID5, systemd troubles Reply with quote

So... I have
LVM2 on top of a LUKS encrypted md raid5 device... I'm running systemd.

With init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd it boots into init not systemd
with real_init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd it boots with systemd
the kernel sees the md raid5 device and starts it, and with crypt_root=/dev/md0 it prompts for a password and decrypts it, then activates the LVM volume.
It doesn't actually mount home like I'd expect. I have to do it manually.
I had run the systemd crypt generator, but then systemd would randomly ask for the luks password after boot (its already decrypted, lvm activated, and we're running at this point)

when it does boot, it never brings up the network interfaces regardless of what I seem to enable or start in systemd.

lastly, I'm running a REDWOOD LE (r600 driver) card. I have VIDEO_CARDS="r600 radeon", and X complains about not having REDWOOD firmware in /lib/firmware/radeon (I think... working of memory). There are various RXXX files in there, but no redwood

Any thoughts on how to best fix my problems here?
vaxbrat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: i'm avoiding systemd Reply with quote

Having to mess with fedora15 on one of my projects left a bad taste in my mouth for it :-)

Code:
equery belongs /lib/firmware/radeon/REDWOOD_me.bin
 * Searching for /lib/firmware/radeon/REDWOOD_me.bin ...
x11-drivers/radeon-ucode-20130626 (/lib/firmware/radeon/REDWOOD_me.bin)

Also don't forget to update your kernel .config to make sure that you pull in the REDWOOD stuff for your card. This example has more than that since I have a few generations of radeon including apu's lying around.

Code:
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL=y
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="radeon/BARTS_mc.bin radeon/BARTS_me.bin radeon/BARTS_pfp.bin radeon/BTC_rlc.bin radeon/CAICOS_mc.bin radeon/CAICOS_me.bin radeon/CAICOS_pfp.bin radeon/CAYMAN_mc.bin radeon/CAYMAN_me.bin radeon/CAYMAN_pfp.bin radeon/CAYMAN_rlc.bin radeon/CEDAR_me.bin radeon/CEDAR_pfp.bin radeon/CEDAR_rlc.bin radeon/CYPRESS_me.bin radeon/CYPRESS_pfp.bin radeon/CYPRESS_rlc.bin radeon/JUNIPER_me.bin radeon/JUNIPER_pfp.bin radeon/JUNIPER_rlc.bin radeon/R600_rlc.bin radeon/R700_rlc.bin radeon/PALM_me.bin radeon/PALM_pfp.bin radeon/REDWOOD_me.bin radeon/REDWOOD_pfp.bin radeon/REDWOOD_rlc.bin radeon/SUMO2_me.bin radeon/SUMO2_pfp.bin radeon/SUMO_me.bin radeon/SUMO_pfp.bin radeon/SUMO_rlc.bin radeon/TURKS_mc.bin radeon/TURKS_me.bin radeon/TURKS_pfp.bin"
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR="/lib/firmware"
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: