QCad: the absolute final end.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fog_Watch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: QCad: the absolute final end. Reply with quote

sci-misc/qcad-2.0.5.0 needs kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.10-r6, and this build crashes with
Quote:
./kopenssl.h:453: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'ASN1_METHOD' with no type
This can be solved, I think with =dev-libs/openssl-0.9.8m, but that is not allowed, unless QCad is the only thing on my machine. Alas, QCad: RIP.
BradN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes one appreciate the fanatical backwards compatibility efforts of Microsoft...

You may be able to get that program working if you install it to a separate chroot (ie, a whole new gentoo install in there) and either run it from that, or merge the libraries it needs into your main system. It's not ideal but if the program is important enough it might be an option.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Fog_Watch, you may already know this but the commercial version, at a pretty modest cost, works just fine in a modern KDE-4 environment. I considered it a worthwhile investment.

- John
Fog_Watch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The options for me appear to be:
    1 SagCAD, which hardly appears to be unbounded excitement.
    2 sci-misc/qcad-2.0.5.0 in its own special little vserver using mouldy old ebuilds from kde-sunset.
    3 Fork out €24.00 for QCAD 2.2, which, and I'm not making a comment about value, if I were to do such thing I'd come out in spots
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color me spotted, I guess. :wink:

- John
rickj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the community edition is qcad 3, is there a possibility this ebuild might be revived?
bug_report
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fog_Watch wrote:
The options for me appear to be:
    1 SagCAD, which hardly appears to be unbounded excitement.
    2 sci-misc/qcad-2.0.5.0 in its own special little vserver using mouldy old ebuilds from kde-sunset.
    3 Fork out €24.00 for QCAD 2.2, which, and I'm not making a comment about value, if I were to do such thing I'd come out in spots

How about:
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickj wrote:
Now that the community edition is qcad 3, is there a possibility this ebuild might be revived?

Well it was never really dead.

The original poster simply needed to keyword unmask kdelibs-3.5.10-r10 and kcontrol-3.5.10-r1 so that they would apply the openssl-1.0.0 patch :|

All the ebuilds are in the 'kde-sunset' overlay at least for 2.0.5.0, but yes it does need a version bump to 3.1.
And more critically, the dev-qt/qt-meta-3.3.8b ebuilds need updating since ftp.trolltech.com is no more.
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QCad3 that uses QT4.
Depends on gcc:4.6 as building with >=gcc:4.7 requires patching.
3.1.0.3 is the latest but I couldn't get it to build.

qcad-3.1.0.2.ebuild
Code:
# Copyright 1999-2013 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

EAPI=4

inherit gnome2-utils qt4-r2

DESCRIPTION="QCAD is an application for computer aided drafting in two dimensions (2d)"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.qcad.org"
SRC_URI="https://github.com/${PN}/${PN}/archive/v${PV}.tar.gz -> ${P}.tar.gz"

LICENSE="GPL-3"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64"
IUSE=""
RESTRICT="mirror"

DEPEND="dev-libs/glib:2
        dev-qt/qtcore:4
        dev-qt/qtgui:4
        dev-qt/qthelp:4
        dev-qt/qtopengl:4
        dev-qt/qtscript:4
        dev-qt/qtsql:4
        dev-qt/qtsvg:4
        dev-qt/qtwebkit:4
        dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns:4
        sys-devel/gcc:4.6"

src_prepare() {
        if [[ ( $(gcc-major-version) -ne 4 && $(gcc-minor-version) -ne 6 ) ]]; then
                die "${P} requires an active gcc:4.6, please consult the output of 'gcc-config -l'"
        fi
}

src_install() {                                                                                                                                                                                       
        mkdir -p "${ED}usr/share/${PN}"                                                                                                                                                               
        cp -dpR {release/*,examples,fonts,libraries,patterns,plugins,scripts,ts,readme.txt} \                                                                                                         
                "${ED}usr/share/${PN}/" || die "Failed to install support files"                                                                                                                     

insinto /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps                                                                                                                                               
        doins scripts/qcad_icon.svg                                                                                                                                                                   
        make_desktop_entry ${PN} QCad qcad_icon Office                                                                                                                                               

cat - > ${PN} <<EOF                                                                                                                                                                                   
#!/bin/sh                                                                                                                                                                                             
cd /usr/share/qcad && LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\$(pwd) ./qcad-bin                                                                                                                                             
EOF
        dobin qcad || die "Failed to create wrapper script"
}

pkg_preinst() {
        gnome2_icon_savelist
}

pkg_postinst() {
        gnome2_icon_cache_update
}

pkg_postrm() {
        gnome2_icon_cache_update
}
rickj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to try this, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I put the ebuild in my PORTAGE_OVERLAY directory under sci-misc as

qcad-3.0.2.ebuild

and tried to run ebuild manifest, but it does not find the source.

Are there any instructions on the use of ebuilds which are outside the portage tree and the official overlay tree?

OK, my bad, fixed the name to:

qcad-3.1.0.2.ebuild

and it all works fine.

see: http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds for methods
rickj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manifest was fine, but after an hour or so the build fails:
Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/work/qcad-3.1.0.2/support/exampleplugin'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/work/qcad-3.1.0.2/support'
cp: target ‘ ’ is not a directory
/var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/temp/environment: line 2669: /var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/image/usr/share/qcad/: Is a directory
 * ERROR: sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2 failed (install phase):
 *   Failed to install support files
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  93:  Called src_install
 *   environment, line 2669:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "${ED}usr/share/${PN}/" || die "Failed to install support files";

Apparently the directory is not being made properly.
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickj wrote:
The manifest was fine, but after an hour or so the build fails:
Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/work/qcad-3.1.0.2/support/exampleplugin'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/work/qcad-3.1.0.2/support'
cp: target ‘ ’ is not a directory
/var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/temp/environment: line 2669: /var/tmp/portage/sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2/image/usr/share/qcad/: Is a directory
 * ERROR: sci-misc/qcad-3.1.0.2 failed (install phase):
 *   Failed to install support files
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  93:  Called src_install
 *   environment, line 2669:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "${ED}usr/share/${PN}/" || die "Failed to install support files";

Apparently the directory is not being made properly.

I didn't intend to support this, more providing a new version ebuild to hack on if needed - but happy to help out if I can.

I just tried it and it still works OK for me but on closer inspection it looks like the forum's phpBB software is doing some funny things with the line formatting by inserting it's own blank lines where blank lines weren't intended which could cause the same error you're experiencing.

Can you pastebin your ebuild and build.log ?

FWIW, here is a proper text formatted version of the ebuild -> http://bpaste.net/show/119535/
rickj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks shiznix, you spotted it - and I really should have. The unescaped extra blank line in the middle of the copy command did it in.

With the correctly-spaced version from bpaste everything worked perfectly, and I now have qcad V3 up and running.

So the title of this thread is now entirely misleading.
rickj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, the title is still appropriate.

The application built by the ebuild is a trial version. Although it has a "Print" item in the "File" menu, this does not link to code: there is no ability to print a drawing. Drawings can be stored as one .dxf format, or exported as bitmaps. All the excellent printing and preview facilities of qcad version 2 are omitted.

Not a useful package. Buy one from ribbonsoft www.qcad.org if you need it. Not bad value at 32 euros, but not truly open-source, either.
Tinitus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

is there a working ebuild for the 3.3.0 available?
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the current community version 3.4.5, sources available here. Would it match the license to re-add another ebuild of QCad to portage? And overlays providing one?
I fear that LibreCad does not make much progress and this community QCad has improved since.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: