Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Browsers issue to play audio through Bluetooth (Solved)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Browsers issue to play audio through Bluetooth (Solved) Reply with quote

Hello,

my default Alsa configuration direct the audio to my Philips Bluetooth Headset SHB4000.

The problem appen with Seamonkey and Firefox when I play an audio file format with loose data like Html5, Mp3, Mpeg or Ogg. A 5 minutes song or video is played in 30 seconds.

Seamonkey and Firefox do not have that problem with audio formats like Avi, Wav, Wmv and the Adobe Flash plugin. Epiphany can play Html5, Mp3, Mpeg, Ogg and other formats normally. All other applications like Mplayer, Vlc and Ogg123 work well too through Bluetooth.

If my default Alsa configuration direct the audio to the speakers and the analogic plug for headset of my laptop, Seamonkey and Firefox play Html5, Mp3, Mpeg and Ogg normally.

With the same laptop, I have no problem with Debian.

I change the USE flags of Seamonkey and try Firefox binary (firefox-bin) package, the problem stay.

The conditions from which the problem exist is now enough precise. I search the Web as I can. I do not have the solution.
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By associating the problematic audio formats with some other applications than the builtin ones of Seamonkey and Firefox, I have been able to advoid sound problems with Bluetooth.

I did'nt want to be force to use Pulseaudio, but until now it have been the only way found to solve the problem I had with Html5 with Seamonkey and Firefox using Bluetooth headset. At the same time, Pulseaudio mix all sound sources to the headset and I can control the headset volume by software.

It's seem's that Seamonkey and Firefox must not talk to the Alsa drivers and the Bluetooh device from to close, at least with my Gentoo installation. A special case that I appy to have find a solution.

Seamonkey made freeze the whole Gentoo system on Youtube using the flash plugin with Bluetooth without any log hint from Linux and Xorg. I have to check if Pulseaudio can prevent this.

Anyway for the moment, the pulseaudio USE flag I have been promoted from completly disabled to the global USE flags. I mark the thread as solved for most parts.

The Youtube-viewer application is a good alternative with Mplayer as playback for Youtube videos.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: