View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Britain finally has politicians with brains and balls Reply with quote

Quote:
British MPs have rejected possible UK military action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government to deter the use of chemical weapons.

A government motion was defeated by 285 to 272, a majority of 13 votes.

PM David Cameron said "the government will act accordingly", effectively ruling out London's involvement in any US-led strikes against Damascus.

The US said it would "continue to consult" with London, "one of our closest allies and friends".

"President Obama's decision-making will be guided by what is in the best interests of the United States," a White House statement said.

It added that Mr Obama "believes that there are core interests at stake for the United States and that countries who violate international norms regarding chemical weapons need to be held accountable".

Obama administration officials on Thursday told a group of US lawmakers in a conference call that "it is beyond a doubt that chemical weapons were used, and used intentionally by the Assad regime," said Eliot Engel, the senior Democratic member on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783#"

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed 285 to be in favor of the use of chemical weapons.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:

Funny. But some will take that seriously. :P
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup they have learnt from the spin from the last farce... Iraq capable of hitting uk interests with WMD within 45min WHILE weapon inspectors raising doubt about their existence is something that won't be forgot.

If Chem weapons are confirmed to have been used and it is shown beyond reasonable doubt that it was from Assad gov'n then I would expect another vote as long as very specific scope is detailed
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Yup they have learnt from the spin from the last farce... Iraq capable of hitting uk interests with WMD within 45min WHILE weapon inspectors raising doubt about their existence is something that won't be forgot.

If Chem weapons are confirmed to have been used and it is shown beyond reasonable doubt that it was from Assad gov'n then I would expect another vote as long as very specific scope is detailed
No, fuck 'em. Even if they prove it it's none of our business. If some other stupid country wants to that's fine but why waste British soldiers and money?

Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. If it is shown then their capability to launch chrm attack needs to be stopped.
Leave their civil war to themselves. Cruise missile sites on chem sites and that it. Both sides are as bad as each other but that doesn't warrant chem attack on ur own ppl

No British infantrymen on the ground though. Typhoon shadow launch
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok, the CESM are going to do it this time. Vive la Français!
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching media spin gain traction and forming public opinion was always interesting. :lol:
Can one place bets somewhere on how long time it will take for certain spins to reach critical mass and swing public opinion?
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
Watching media spin gain traction and forming public opinion was always interesting. :lol:
Can one place bets somewhere on how long time it will take for certain spins to reach critical mass and swing public opinion?
I'm waiting for the morons in charge of the oval orifice to ask our special forces to help out. It's normally just after the entire thing has gone pear shaped, so any day now.

:)
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the pimp just picks another bitch from his general house?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
pjp wrote:

Funny. But some will take that seriously. :P
That's good, as I intended it to be funny and serious. By voting that way, they are in fact condoning use of chemical weapons.

As for the US, I don't think we have enough interest to justify more money in the region. I'd offer "If you want us to do something, write some very large checks, then we'll carpet bomb the place."

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
I disagree. If it is shown then their capability to launch chrm attack needs to be stopped.
Leave their civil war to themselves. Cruise missile sites on chem sites and that it. Both sides are as bad as each other but that doesn't warrant chem attack on ur own ppl

No British infantrymen on the ground though. Typhoon shadow launch
that is an OPP not MP

energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:

who is using those weapons?

and why are the USA so keen on replacing a secular government with shariah enforcing al'qaeda supporters?

Aren't Lybia, Iraq and Egypt bad examples enough?

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
My money is on the rebels (less likely) or an interested 3rd party (more likely). There would seem to be little or no gain for the outgoing regime to use them, unless it was a spiteful fait accompli acknowledgement.

energyman76b wrote:
and why are the USA so keen on replacing a secular government with shariah enforcing al'qaeda supporters?
Obama is tight with his homies. He wants to stabilize the region.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
pjp wrote:

Because it's a convenient distraction from our government's mass violation of the entire population's civil rights, other ethical scandals the White House has been unable to shake, and Obama's complete failure in terms of foreign policy, defense, and economics.

The ObamaMedia have been playing along with thus propaganda that "there's no doubt" who employed chemical weapons, and trying to make it seem like there is little public skepticism, but so far, I think they are failing to sway public opinion. I think Obama has lost the trust of the American people, as the result of thus series of ethical scandals. I think most people aren't buying it.

However, I don't think our legislature will stop him. The Democrats (who run the Senate, which is really the only body in a position to blow the whistle on something like this) won't do anything, because they don't want to embarrass ir further damage the credibility of their own party. The Republicans in Congress only hold a slim majority, and don't have votes to do anything, once you subtract those who believe that, regardless of whether Obama is lying, getting involved is the right thing to do.

However, like I said before, watch for the UN inspectors to possibly be conned by the CIA into saying exactly what Obama wants them to say.

Also, since this is now his second term, shouldn't you Eurofappers be giving him another Nobel Peace Prize?
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

America can do what they want. If they lose lives because of it it's their fault.

I want nothing to do with it

sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
America can do what they want. If they lose lives because of it it's their fault.

I want nothing to do with it
You wouldn't have anything to do with it anyway would you? Unless you mean you are now going to be quiet about it. Show those arrogent Americans the power of the silent treatment :P That only works if you are female and married, so are you going to marry the US? Are you female?
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
pjp wrote:

The CIA arming Islamic militants? What could possibly go wrong? :roll:
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
pjp wrote:

Because it's a convenient distraction from our government's mass violation of the entire population's civil rights, other ethical scandals the White House has been unable to shake, and Obama's complete failure in terms of foreign policy, defense, and economics.

The ObamaMedia have been playing along with thus propaganda that "there's no doubt" who employed chemical weapons, and trying to make it seem like there is little public skepticism, but so far, I think they are failing to sway public opinion. I think Obama has lost the trust of the American people, as the result of thus series of ethical scandals. I think most people aren't buying it.

However, I don't think our legislature will stop him. The Democrats (who run the Senate, which is really the only body in a position to blow the whistle on something like this) won't do anything, because they don't want to embarrass ir further damage the credibility of their own party. The Republicans in Congress only hold a slim majority, and don't have votes to do anything, once you subtract those who believe that, regardless of whether Obama is lying, getting involved is the right thing to do.

However, like I said before, watch for the UN inspectors to possibly be conned by the CIA into saying exactly what Obama wants them to say.

Also, since this is now his second term, shouldn't you Eurofappers be giving him another Nobel Peace Prize?

Many rumors of false flag in the dark corners of the Internet...wouldn't be the first time a Democratic President launched a military strike as a distraction. Just kidding, I love my government.
mrbassie
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

secretcorporation wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
pjp wrote:

The CIA arming Islamic militants again? What could possibly go wrong? :roll:

fixed
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK pols did the right thing. Now it's just choco-Jesus, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate, standing there, with his dick in his hand, looking like the idiot he really is from trying to attack a country where we have no business attacking. Between 7 and 9% of Americans support attacking Syria. It's a stupid, stupid, and dare I say stupid thing to do.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:

We should stay completely and utterly out at all costs. This is an internal matter and needs to be resolved by the Syrian people.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Naib wrote:

No, fuck 'em. Even if they prove it it's none of our business. If some other stupid country wants to that's fine but why waste British soldiers and money?

+++

If any of us get involved, it will just be to the advantage of al Qaida.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

+++

If any of us get involved, it will just be to the advantage of al Qaida.

++

Truth!
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem needs to be solved at its root! Bomb Saudi Arabia!

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: