Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
USA to hit debt limit in mid-October
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3327

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
haha, I just opened the thread to see the "LOL USA" and I got what I wanted :lol:

So, if you want to blame somebody, don't blame Ophooobaah but women. If something goes wrong and you blame women you always have a good change to be correct!

Ophooobah is probably remote controlled by the Ophooobaah wife, don't forget this! Women have this skill to control men remotely. You shall fear this skill! You shall fear the Ophooobaah wife! just sayin...
obamopa-loompa :lol:
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see how much the quality of discussion has improved since you came back. :lol:
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is plenty more where that LOL USA came from. :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Glad to see how much the quality of discussion has improved since you came back. :lol:

thanks! people often tell me that I have this effect on discussions :lol:
_________________
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
There is plenty more where that LOL USA came from. :)

:lol:
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3327

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said earlier it's not going to matter. They'll just up it to 20 trillion and no-one will care for another 5 years
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
I said earlier it's not going to matter. They'll just up it to 20 trillion and no-one will care for another 5 years

Don't be such a black and white thinker. The resistance makes a different. Without it, it would be up to 25 trillion.

Some prison rape victims give in and learn to be helpless. These prison rape victims are struggling continuously, minimizing the rape, and tightening up their ass-cheeks every time, making it cost the rapists dearly.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3327

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
I said earlier it's not going to matter. They'll just up it to 20 trillion and no-one will care for another 5 years

Don't be such a black and white thinker. The resistance makes a different. Without it, it would be up to 25 trillion.

Some prison rape victims give in and learn to be helpless. These prison rape victims are struggling continuously, minimizing the rape, and tightening up their ass-cheeks every time, making it cost the rapists dearly.
and say it gets up to a hundred trillion. How is it going to affect your day-to-day life?
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 759
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

americans don't need to worry. they can just inflate their debt away.

if america really wants to put the brakes on spending, they should join the euro. the markets will respond and they will have to smarten up.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3327

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
americans don't need to worry. they can just inflate their debt away.

if america really wants to put the brakes on spending, they should join the euro. the markets will respond and they will have to smarten up.
and then Greece will have to bail them out :D
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
I said earlier it's not going to matter. They'll just up it to 20 trillion and no-one will care for another 5 years

Don't be such a black and white thinker. The resistance makes a different. Without it, it would be up to 25 trillion.

Some prison rape victims give in and learn to be helpless. These prison rape victims are struggling continuously, minimizing the rape, and tightening up their ass-cheeks every time, making it cost the rapists dearly.
and say it gets up to a hundred trillion. How is it going to affect your day-to-day life?

When the currency becomes worthless, the people lose faith in the banking system and government, when the economy collapses, and the society erupts into civil war and/or gets taken over by the racist Han fascist empire, it will affect me in many ways.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still fixable with across the board tax increases and brutal spending cuts, neither party will do it though. I think the USA is likely fucked.
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutal spending cuts are required, and Democrats will never agree to that. Tax increases are not required. In fact, tax increases are only going to contribute to the problem by delaying the necessary cuts in spending.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 657
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a total sham. They hit the limit months ago and are using fraudulent Enron style accounting tricks to hide the fact.


The only financial problem in the US is government itself. Shrink that bitch down to size and the economy will boom.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Brutal spending cuts are required, and Democrats will never agree to that. Tax increases are not required. In fact, tax increases are only going to contribute to the problem by delaying the necessary cuts in spending.


Paul Volcker disagrees with you :!:
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Good for him.


I'm sure America is safe in your hands.
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3327

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
I said earlier it's not going to matter. They'll just up it to 20 trillion and no-one will care for another 5 years

Don't be such a black and white thinker. The resistance makes a different. Without it, it would be up to 25 trillion.

Some prison rape victims give in and learn to be helpless. These prison rape victims are struggling continuously, minimizing the rape, and tightening up their ass-cheeks every time, making it cost the rapists dearly.
and say it gets up to a hundred trillion. How is it going to affect your day-to-day life?

When the currency becomes worthless, the people lose faith in the banking system and government, when the economy collapses, and the society erupts into civil war and/or gets taken over by the racist Han fascist empire, it will affect me in many ways.
who gives a fuck? You be using the Euro or the Yuan by then anyway
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
I said earlier it's not going to matter. They'll just up it to 20 trillion and no-one will care for another 5 years

Don't be such a black and white thinker. The resistance makes a different. Without it, it would be up to 25 trillion.

Some prison rape victims give in and learn to be helpless. These prison rape victims are struggling continuously, minimizing the rape, and tightening up their ass-cheeks every time, making it cost the rapists dearly.
and say it gets up to a hundred trillion. How is it going to affect your day-to-day life?

When the currency becomes worthless, the people lose faith in the banking system and government, when the economy collapses, and the society erupts into civil war and/or gets taken over by the racist Han fascist empire, it will affect me in many ways.
who gives a fuck? You be using the Euro or the Yuan by then anyway


You know the UK isn't far behind, if Scotland is such a terrible drain on the UK why the big campaign/effort to stop them leaving?
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Scotland goes, Northern Ireland will be next, and the Welsh will start getting uppity.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
If Scotland goes, Northern Ireland will be next, and the Welsh will start getting uppity.


I don't know that there is a big appetite for full independence in Wales. Unless unless there is a majority voting for reintegration with the Republic it won't happen in NI.

The trouble with the British government is they don't seem to realize they aren't that important anymore. All mouth, no trousers.
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the Welsh go, the country will split up into Saxons, Normans, Danelaw, and Pakis.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War in Britain. :twisted:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Once the Welsh go, the country will split up into Saxons, Normans, Danelaw, and Pakis.

and chavs.
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
War in Britain. :twisted:


No need to worry about war in Spain if the Catalans leave, you don't have the courage and you're far too lazy.
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum