View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mindows
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like they've done some good improvements on 1.1. i'm glad they put that full screen mode :) i wonder why they chose to close tabs from left to right..i was just getting used to that :? (i think i'm turning japanese i think i'm turning japanese i really think so)
although it would be cool to have the latest, greatest(?) version, i think i'll wait a bit and see whether it's stable enough for me to try it out. last time i tried cvs builds, i ended up with 3 different versions of mozilla on my computer and it wasn't fun. those darn AA fonts certainly make webpages pretty :D
cpwins
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my system, the 1.1 alpha never crashed, the 1.1 beta never crashed, so I guess the 1.1 release will do just fine.
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindows wrote:
i wonder why they chose to close tabs from left to right..i was just getting used to that :? (i think i'm turning japanese i think i'm turning japanese i really think so)

A minor point of clarification, if this is intended to imply that Japanese writes from right to left. This is only the case when writing vertically, in which case it goes top-to-bottom, right-to-left. When writing horizontally, it goes left-to-right, just like English. Well, except for some old pre-Meiji era stuff, at least.

So maybe you're better off turning Hebrew, although it doesn't quite scan as well. :)
mindows
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac wrote:
mindows wrote:
i wonder why they chose to close tabs from left to right..i was just getting used to that :? (i think i'm turning japanese i think i'm turning japanese i really think so)

A minor point of clarification, if this is intended to imply that Japanese writes from right to left. This is only the case when writing vertically, in which case it goes top-to-bottom, right-to-left. When writing horizontally, it goes left-to-right, just like English. Well, except for some old pre-Meiji era stuff, at least.

So maybe you're better off turning Hebrew, although it doesn't quite scan as well. :)

i have a book on learning japanese (all in japanese), and it reads top-to-bottom, left-to-right, and the pages go from right to left.
enough excuse? :P
munk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.1/src/mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz
although...
Code:

--01:23:18--  http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.1/src/mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz
           => `mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz'
Resolving ftp.mozilla.org... done.
Connecting to ftp.mozilla.org[64.12.168.243]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 40,817,026 [application/x-tar]
mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz: Permission denied

Cannot write to `mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz' (Permission denied).

Sesquipedalian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac wrote:
mindows wrote:

In addition..... the song has nothing to do with japan, japanese people, japanese writing, japanese anything.

The phrase "I think I'm turning japanese" refers to the shape of one's eyes when reaching a climax while masterbating. :lol:
Sequentious
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sesquipedalian wrote:
rac wrote:
mindows wrote:

In addition..... the song has nothing to do with japan, japanese people, japanese writing, japanese anything.

The phrase "I think I'm turning japanese" refers to the shape of one's eyes when reaching a climax while masterbating. :lol:
How many people are going to claim they knew this :)

As for grabbing the release from cvs. it worked fine, compiled, and it worked great. then i left and went elsewhere :)
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permission problem appears to be corrected. I am downloading source tarball now.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets keep comments on topic.
dcstimm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozilla 1.1 works great, just dont have gtk2 in your use, it makes it look bad very bad (font wise)
Tuxisuau
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munk wrote:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.1/src/mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz
although...
Code:

--01:23:18--  http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.1/src/mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz
           => `mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz'
Resolving ftp.mozilla.org... done.
Connecting to ftp.mozilla.org[64.12.168.243]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 40,817,026 [application/x-tar]
mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz: Permission denied

Cannot write to `mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz' (Permission denied).

You're trying to download it into a directory where you don't have write permissions.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: