Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Install gentoo on Megaraid raid array
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qaiser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Install gentoo on Megaraid raid array Reply with quote

Hi,

I have setup the raid array in hardware and loaded the megaraid module.

Which device should I use to configure the disk partition with fdisk?

I tried fdisk /dev/rd/0

This does not work....
cranch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its /dev/sda
laika
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: AMI Megaraid / PERC Adapter Reply with quote

i am trying the same type of installation and have not been able to get the devices created. And no, the answer is most definately is not /dev/sda. After boot, I load the megaraid module with no problem but devfs ( :evil: ) does not create the needed device automatically, so I am stuck. Perhaps it should be /dev/sda and devfs is just not creating it, but I can't alter the devfs.conf file prior to boot. If no one has any ideas I am ready to give up the ghost. Sad too, as this would have been a MySQL server at my office. Any *usefull* suggestions are greatly apprectiated.
josh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: AMI Megaraid / PERC Adapter Reply with quote

laika wrote:
i am trying the same type of installation and have not been able to get the devices created. And no, the answer is most definately is not /dev/sda. After boot, I load the megaraid module with no problem but devfs ( :evil: ) does not create the needed device automatically, so I am stuck. Perhaps it should be /dev/sda and devfs is just not creating it, but I can't alter the devfs.conf file prior to boot. If no one has any ideas I am ready to give up the ghost. Sad too, as this would have been a MySQL server at my office. Any *usefull* suggestions are greatly apprectiated.

you have to load the sd_mod.o module

modprobe sd_mod.o

then your sda device will show up in /dev/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: AMI Megaraid / PERC Adapter Reply with quote

josh wrote:

modprobe sd_mod.o

correction: modprobe sd_mod
laika
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: AMI Megaraid / PERC Adapter Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
josh wrote:

modprobe sd_mod.o

correction: modprobe sd_mod

That worked like a champ. I usually build these modules into the kernel (monilithic) so had never needed to do it manually. I tell ya, I'm torn between Gentoo's greatest strengths: The Forums or Portage! Both make me a happy camper!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: