KDE live ebuild
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lustmored
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: KDE live ebuild Reply with quote

Recently I've decided to give a shot at KDE live ebuild. I know I'm crazy - I just wanted to try.

Unfortunately there were many problems with those. Most of which were docs related (missing docs that were stated in the ebuild). And at the moment something went very wrong with finding/merging solid based packages I gave up.

My question is where should I post problems with KDE live ebuilds? I feel bugzilla might not be best place, as those are unkeyworded, hard masked ebuilds. Or maybe?
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not in bugzilla. Live ebuilds are straight from upstream version control, they're not releases in any sense of the word.

If you want to get involved a bit more, start hanging out in #gentoo-kde on IRC: chat.freenode.net. (konversation is a lovely client.)
Lustmored
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. That's exactly what I've expected :) But it's always better to ask ;)

I will surely come around when next time I'll find myself trying those crazy things :)
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh no worries. I wouldn't run anything straight from version-control. I recommend #gentoo-kde if you want to run unstable, or help out with ebuilds.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakage is to be expected with live ebuilds at any time, though i was able to build most of kde the last weeks - without docs, maybe they don‘t care as much as before release :-)

You can still file bugs for downstream packaging matters such as new dependencies, prefix your bug with [kde overlay] then.
Lustmored
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've just build all kde live with not even one problem. Looks like I had bad luck last time (and you guys fixed that solid issue) :) So if anything goes badly I'll surely let you know :)
Lustmored
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing critical, so I'll write here instead of attacking you on IRC ;)

For a few weeks kdepim-strigi-analyzer-9999 keeps failing to build with:

Code:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-strigi-analyzer-9999/work/kdepim-strigi-analyzer-9999/strigi-analyzer/mail/messageanalyzer.h:24:49: fatal error: messageviewer/objecttreeemptysource.h: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-strigi-analyzer-9999/work/kdepim-strigi-analyzer-9999/strigi-analyzer/mail/messageanalyzer.h:24:49: fatal error: messageviewer/objecttreeemptysource.h: No such file or directory

I've checked and those headers are in kdepim git here:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdepim/repository/revisions/master/show/messageviewer

But I had no luck finding out which package and how should install those 2 files.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: