View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adel Ahmed
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: keyboard media keys in lxde Reply with quote

I'm migrating from gnome to lxde, I find myself needing to manually configure the multimedia keys(vol up, down, mute, play, next...etc)
I've found that the keyboard bindings can be edited in the following file:
~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml
Now I'm wondering is there a gui tool to edit this file in the manner described previously?
and if not, how can I configure that file for those keys?

thanks Adel
Adel Ahmed
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
wpkzz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Mulimedia keys are a goddamn mess Reply with quote

Hello blakdeath:

I am not helping you here, but also want to make more questions. I have an Asus laptop N76VJ, and boy, can I tell what a pain to get a nice gentoo working here was...
Well, returning to topic, is as follows:
Every time I rebuild a kernel, the keyboard gets another response... the only consistent multimedia key that appear to work in a more or less constant way are the raise/lower/mute volume keys. As for the others, brightness, touchpad toggle, keyboard light, etc,... sometimes they get detectet, sometimes no, and some never. I could never get the brightness keys to be detected.
I use xev for listening how X11 detects them, and still no consistent solution appeared.

Tell me, what does [b]xev[\b] report when you press your multimedia keys? Maybe together we could get a solution.
elyes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mulimedia keys are a goddamn mess Reply with quote

wpkzz wrote:
Hello blakdeath:

I am not helping you here, but also want to make more questions. I have an Asus laptop N76VJ, and boy, can I tell what a pain to get a nice gentoo working here was...
Well, returning to topic, is as follows:
Every time I rebuild a kernel, the keyboard gets another response... the only consistent multimedia key that appear to work in a more or less constant way are the raise/lower/mute volume keys. As for the others, brightness, touchpad toggle, keyboard light, etc,... sometimes they get detectet, sometimes no, and some never. I could never get the brightness keys to be detected.
I use xev for listening how X11 detects them, and still no consistent solution appeared.

Tell me, what does [b]xev[\b] report when you press your multimedia keys? Maybe together we could get a solution.

Hi,
here is mine, done on "Microsoft wireless keyboard 1000" ( a French keyborad )
Hope it help ..

Code:
180 XF86HomePage
224 XF86Messenger
179 XF86Tools
192 XF86Launch5
193 XF86Launch6
194 XF86Launch7
195 XF86Launch8
196 XF86Launch9
164 XF86Favorites
172 XF86AudioPlay
173 XF86AudioPrev
171 XF86AudioNext
174 XF86AudioStop
122 XF86AudioLowerVolume
123 XF86AudioRaiseVolume
121 XF86AudioMute
146 Help
139 Undo
190 Redo
189 XF86New
142 XF86Open
214 XF86Close
240 XF86Reply
241 XF86MailForward
239 XF86Send
242 XF86Save
218 Print
107 Print
78 Scroll_Lock
127 Pause
133 Super_L

note that the keycode 432 (Spell Check) do give nothing using xev. ( I've used showkey to find the keycode 432 )

Thx
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: