The Source Directory '$(S)' doesn't exist
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtx
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: The Source Directory '$(S)' doesn't exist Reply with quote

Trying to install java on my raspberry pi to use as a subsonic server. Emerging icedtea-bin fails, however.
Code:
Source compiled.
Test phase [not enabled]: dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.3.8
ERROR: dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.3.8 failed (install phase):
The source directory '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.3.8/work/icedtea-bin-7.2.3.8' doesn't exist

^That is shown when I tried the unstable icedtea-bin, same error occurred with the stable 6.1.12.4

Trying Oracle's java results in the same error (different path obviously) and trying sun's java results in a "failed to unpack" error

Is this simply something that cannot be done on gentoo? I know it's possible to get it working on other distros
xtx
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind about this issue. Never got it resolved but I'm just going to scrap the project. The raspberry pi is too slow to be useful for owncloud, I doubt I'd find the speeds it offers for subsonic sufficient even if I ever did get java installed. I'll just turn this into another raspbmc and hook it up to my bedroom tv. downside is that i'm going to put subsonic and owncloud back on my 10 yo compaq gaming desktop that is obnoxiously loud.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: