View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyHairy
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being rude, but please do some research on QT. What i92guboj is trying to tell you is that QT extends C++ with its own syntatic sugar. Before compiling, you preprocess QT files with a special preprocessor which converts this stuff to plain C++. My QT experience is limited, but regardless what language you are going to use, you'll have to learn the concepts behind QT, which is more important than full mastery of the langue itself. If you want to use QT, just choose one of the many options (python / perl / C++ / you name it) and go ahead, much more effictive than worring about the easiest approach for days in my opinion.

Last edited by DirtyHairy on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
dE_logics
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHairy wrote:
Sorry for being rude, but please do some research on QT. What i92guboj is trying to tell you is that QT extends C++ with its own syntatic sugar. Before compiling, you preprocess QT files with a special preprocessor which converts this stuff to plain C++. My QT experience is limited, but regardless what language you are going to use, you'll have to learn the concepts behind QT, which is more important than full mastery of the langue itself. If you want to use QT, just choose one of the many options (python / perl / C++ / you name it) and go ahead, much more effictive than worring about the easiest approach for days in my opinion.

Humm. I see.

But QT libraries are written in C++ right?
DirtyHairy
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they are :)
dE_logics
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification.
lost+found
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dE_logics wrote:

@lost+found

Only C.

Hi,

A clarification from me too. Sorry, my first post was a bit short.

GNUstep is not limited to Objective-C. C is just perfect Objective-C. Quote from the site:
Quote:
...You can still do programming in C (since Objective-C is a pure superset of C)...

I can't tell much about GNUstep, because I just started learning. It's just an extra alternative to consider, besides the usual toolkits.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dE_logics wrote:
DirtyHairy wrote:

Humm. I see.

But QT libraries are written in C++ right?

Yes. And g++ is written using many languages and a few scripting languages. Still, I fail to see how that's relevant. I really did not mean to start this, so I'll just step aside.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: