View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Obama, the dummycraps, and the media (I know, it's redundant) fail to destroy the bill of rights, it's a good day.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
bogamol wrote:
90% of Americans support this bill? I've seen that in a few different articles. What is the source?

It's a nice round number pulled out of a nice round place.

But but the scyents!

[quote="Juniper"]I fail to see the relevance.[/quote]
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
The only thing I learn from your posts...

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
The only thing I learn from your posts...

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think.

Yeah, and you can put your dick in light socket, but you might not pull it back out in the same condition.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't get what this would have changed.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:

Your name would be in a Collectivist Authoritarian Federal Stasi database of people to be watched and fucked with. Sooner or later, they'd probably get around to taxing you more as well, to pay for your own persecution. Whenever the cops bring up your license plate or come to your house, their screens would flash "ARMED AND DANGEROUS". The data would be leaked to PC Brigade activists, who would create a sex-offender-like internet map, so people can look up which of their neighbors are 'fucking gun nuts', and get to work on harassing them until they move.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus we just saw how they can use said database to go door-to-door confiscating contraband.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:

Your name would be in a Collectivist Authoritarian Federal Stasi database of people to be watched and fucked with. Sooner or later, they'd probably get around to taxing you more as well, to pay for your own persecution. Whenever the cops bring up your license plate or come to your house, their screens would flash "ARMED AND DANGEROUS". The data would be leaked to PC Brigade activists, who would create a sex-offender-like internet map, so people can look up which of their neighbors are 'fucking gun nuts', and get to work on harassing them until they move.

evidence? Canada has a federal gun registry (or did) and this didn't happen.

However, I expect your govt to be worse.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:

I suspect nothing. I am sure osama could get a gun in your country even if such a law was in place. Maybe it would deter some people from getting a gun, but I imagine they are pretty easy to get on the black market.

Happy guns people. Today, I think I will go to what BK thinks is a war zone (east end) and get some yummy indian food. Don't worry folks, I'll be fine.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:

You mean it has not happened as of this time.

I think my government is worse.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:

You keep trying to make comparisons between Canada and the U.S. Canada is comparable to, say, a California without as many Blacks and Mexicans. Or maybe an Australia without as many genetic deficiencies.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:

You keep trying to make comparisons between Canada and the U.S. Canada is comparable to, say, a California without as many Blacks and Mexicans. Or maybe an Australia without as many genetic deficiencies.

same continent, similar origins, similar language. much of the media comes from the US.

Not as many blacks and mexicans, but lots of other things. 1/2 of toronto is foreign born and about 40% of vancouver is not white.

But hey, if you don't like to compare with canada, take your pick of western democracies. Oh? you have way more gun violence than ALL of them?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have more blacks and Mexicans than all of them.

You're just like that lady who called into that radio show bitching that the deer crossing sign needed to moved to a safer location. Your entire world-view is centered on the State; everything is all about the government, it's laws, etc. You were born to live under communism and should move to Vietnam, Cuba, or North Korea. :roll:

Governments and laws are but one small factor determining behavior. You are obsessed. It's unhealthy. You would ban golf to prevent a few people getting struck by lightning. That's how your paternalistic, authoritarian thinking works.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
But hey, if you don't like to compare with canada, take your pick of western democracies. Oh? you have way more gun violence than ALL of them?

Clarify which Western Hemisphere Democracies that you are excluding. Then we'll talk about a fact check.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/21/atrocities-boston-marathon-hard-tackle

Quote:
What would drive a young man to wilfully murder as many innocents as possible, leaving the country both vulnerable and mournful?

I pose these questions not of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old chief surviving suspect in the Boston bombing saga that left three dead and injured more than 170 last week, but of Adam Lanza, who shot 20 children and six teachers in Newtown, Connecticut in December. The contradictions in the political responses to the two tragedies and the issues they raise could not be more glaring or obscene.

On Monday the Boston Marathon was bombed. Within a day of suspects being identified, politicians who defended the status quo on guns were calling for "increased surveillance of Muslims" and addressing "loopholes in the immigration system" (Tsarnaev and his brother, Tamerlan, who was killed in a firefight, grew up in Kyrgyzstan).

On Wednesday the Senate declined to pass even the most anaemic gun control measures in response to the Newtown shootings. Twenty children, aged between six and seven, are slaughtered in school and the American polity takes five months to decide do nothing. Unable to break the filibuster limit, it didn't even come to a vote. Hiding behind the National Rifle Association's (NRA) talking points, gun rights senators cloaked themselves in the constitution, insisting support for gun control would violate the second amendment "right to bear arms".

While the authorities denied the still unconscious Dzhokhar his Miranda rights (informing him that he has the right to remain silent), some Republicans insisted he be tried as "an enemy combatant" – the legal aberration and moral abomination that paved the way to Guantánamo Bay. Their devotion to constitutional rights, it turns out, is partial; their embrace of guns is complete. The NRA even opposes legislation banning gun sales to people on the terrorist watchlist, meaning those who can't board a flight can still lock and load.

As John Oliver, a UK comedian on the Daily Show, noted: "One failed attempt at a shoe bomb and we all have to take off our shoes at the airport. Thirty one school shootings since Columbine and no change in the regulation of guns."

The ramifications of this neglect cannot be overstated. More than 85 people – including eight children – are killed with guns on an average day in America and more than twice that number are injured. Even taking into account the fact that most gun deaths are suicides, that's still several times the death toll of 9/11 every year.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit, mcgruff. When the aliens come to earth and look for intelligent life, they're going to scan you and leave in disappointment.

1. Run the car in the garage (carbon-monoxide).
2. Home-brew poison and drink it.
3. Hang yourself.
4. Cut your wrists.

I didn't even dwell on those, I just shit them out.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
they're going to scan you and leave in disappointment.
Is that a bad thing? Would you rather have them stay?
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah right. It's just dumb to want to stop the carnage that takes place daily because of the stupidity of US gun laws.

It's an interesting comparison.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Yeah right. It's just dumb to want to stop the carnage that takes place daily because of the stupidity of US gun laws.

It's an interesting comparison.

Wrong.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
juniper wrote:

Clarify which Western Hemisphere Democracies that you are excluding. Then we'll talk about a fact check.

any wealthy one.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
We have more blacks and Mexicans than all of them.

You're just like that lady who called into that radio show bitching that the deer crossing sign needed to moved to a safer location. Your entire world-view is centered on the State; everything is all about the government, it's laws, etc. You were born to live under communism and should move to Vietnam, Cuba, or North Korea. :roll:

Governments and laws are but one small factor determining behavior. You are obsessed. It's unhealthy. You would ban golf to prevent a few people getting struck by lightning. That's how your paternalistic, authoritarian thinking works.

1-10\2 are pretty good. 2 is the problem.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
Damnit, mcgruff. When the aliens come to earth and look for intelligent life, they're going to scan you and leave in disappointment.

1. Run the car in the garage (carbon-monoxide).
2. Home-brew poison and drink it.
3. Hang yourself.
4. Cut your wrists.

I didn't even dwell on those, I just shit them out.

:lol:
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
The ramifications of this neglect cannot be overstated. More than 85 people – including eight children – are killed with guns on an average day in America and more than twice that number are injured. Even taking into account the fact that most gun deaths are suicides, that's still several times the death toll of 9/11 every year.

Implement more communism and it will be 200 suicides/day by hanging from ceiling. Ban celing!
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

communism lol
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:
they're going to scan you and leave in disappointment.
Is that a bad thing? Would you rather have them stay?

No, we would rather they left..... with mcgruff. :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: