Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
RIP Thatcher
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: RIP Thatcher Reply with quote

She died today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report just in: devil and large group of demons seen fleeing from hell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:
maybe even hitler will flee from this neoliberalistic twat...

I hope she will burn in hell...
_________________
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Lady, other than that Malvinas situation.

The comments coming in from the hate inspired Leftists does not surprise me a bit.
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Great Lady, other than that Malvinas situation.


The Falklands ?

We need some of her strength & clout in politics badly
_________________
It's later than you think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Old School

She really wasn't.

And taking back the Falklands was about the only good thing she did since, in Argentina, it led to the end of a dictatorship and return to democracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:

And taking back the Falklands was about the only good thing she did since, in Argentina, it led to the end of a dictatorship and return to democracy.


You forgot the whole union thing. Quite frankly they were taking the piss at the time.
_________________
It's later than you think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
@Old School

She really wasn't.

And taking back the Falklands was about the only good thing she did since, in Argentina, it led to the end of a dictatorship and return to democracy.


You are too blinded by hate and jealousy to comment intelligently.
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1224
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest in peace, ma'am.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people in the UK will be having a party tonight. And no, Old School, it's not because they are "blinded by hate"; it's because they know her, and what she did, better than you do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
A lot of people in the UK will be having a party tonight. And no, Old School, it's not because they are "blinded by hate"; it's because they know her, and what she did, better than you do.

I was actually around and an adult when Lady Thatcher and Ronald Reagan changed the world (temporarily) for the better.
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1224
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's that conservatives show respect for someone when they die, and liberals do not. I don't imagine I made similar comments when Ted Kennedy passed away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus now they're talking about a state funeral. Just burn the body in a dustbin already. And put a stake through her heart just to make sure.

Last edited by McGruff on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
I think it's that conservatives show respect for someone when they die, and liberals do not. I don't imagine I made similar comments when Ted Kennedy passed away.

That is because many Liberals are small, hate filled people.

The comment above just illustrates that.
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde


Last edited by Old School on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate isn't small. Depends what you hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she died 35 years too late.

She ruined the british infrastructure, destroyed the middle class, made the poor poorer and the rich richer. Oh and she destroyed the industry, replacing it with hollow banks... turned the UK into USA's bitch....

thanks a lot. You won't be missed.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of assholes here. Even if she was the worst ever, dancing on her grave doesn't reverse anything she did. When did OTW become WBC?
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
A lot of people in the UK will be having a party tonight. And no, Old School, it's not because they are "blinded by hate"; it's because they know her, and what she did, better than you do.

I was actually around and an adult when Lady Thatcher and Ronald Reagan changed the world (temporarily) for the better.


sure, she broke the backbone of a proud industry nation, creating a whole army of unemployed. you were probably an adult with a job then... funny that conservatives shout at obama and the loss of jobs etc. even more funny is that there are so many hate-obama threads, but when there is hate against someone else, uuuu, leftish hate, uuuh, and I am no fucking leftish. you are the blind one when you think there is only "leftish" and "rightish", seriously...

Quote:
She ruined the british infrastructure, destroyed the middle class, made the poor poorer and the rich richer. Oh and she destroyed the industry, replacing it with hollow banks... turned the UK into USA's bitch....

++

Quote:
A lot of assholes here. Even if she was the worst ever, dancing on her grave doesn't reverse anything she did. When did OTW become WBC?

sure, where is the respect for those who died because of her? I guess there are only poor worthless victims. I could vomit! respect? every day many people die and nobody cares, but when a fucking royal die, uuuh, lets cry...!

btw, when hugo chavez died, woah, our conservatives showed so much respect!!!

a comment to the "hate-thing":
I am human, therefore I hate many things and I love many things and I'm able to feel. and you? are you a "conservative hippy tree hugger" that loves the world on LSD? If you are so old than you should recognized that there are other thoughts and when someone hates something that you like then he isn't a "small leftish hater". wrong, but nearer to the truth would be that you are all "small rightish obama hater pseudo liberty fanatics".
_________________
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"


Last edited by LoTeK on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Oh and she destroyed the industry


Unions did that a long time before Ms Thatcher.
_________________
It's later than you think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
sure, where is the respect for those who died because of her? I guess there are only poor worthless victims. I could vomit! respect? every day many people die and nobody cares, but when a fucking royal die, uuuh, lets cry...!

I wish I knew what you are talking about. It's like you read something entirely different than what I wrote.
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
LoTeK wrote:
sure, where is the respect for those who died because of her? I guess there are only poor worthless victims. I could vomit! respect? every day many people die and nobody cares, but when a fucking royal die, uuuh, lets cry...!

I wish I knew what you are talking about. It's like you read something entirely different than what I wrote.


you:
Quote:
A lot of assholes here. Even if she was the worst ever, dancing on her grave doesn't reverse anything she did.

I admit "dancing on her grave doesn't reverse anything she did" and moreover it would be a waste of time. I just talked about that you call us (or me) assholes for writing a few hate-lines, which is of course a bit senseless, but definitely justified...
_________________
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
A lot of assholes here. Even if she was the worst ever, dancing on her grave doesn't reverse anything she did. When did OTW become WBC?


When Adolf Hitler died, not many people complained about the subsequent celebrations. Of course there were a few...

Some people here have no idea what she did or the millions of lives she wrecked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
You forgot the whole union thing. Quite frankly they were taking the piss at the time.


If you have an infestation of mice, replacing that with an infestation of rats because they'll eat all the mice doesn't really help. It only makes things worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum