View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWhat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: X11 mouse sensitivity far to high Reply with quote

So I have a mouse that only does about 1000 dpi and the native sensitivity is just to high to use. I have added ConstantDeceleration "6" to slow it down and it is much better except for tracking pixel by pixel. If I am trying to make a very precise mouse movement its like it jumps around at slow speed. I am guessing this is due to the discard of 40% of the points coming from the mouse to apply the ConstantDeceleration. I have also tried setting Sensitivity "0.6" but that has exactly the same effect as ConstantDeceleration. My AccelerationScheme is currently set to "none" and my AccelerationProfile is set to "-1". I did some digging around through the docs and they seem to state that I need to setup some kind of deceleration that is not constant but I am not sure which one, how much and if it will even fix the problem I am experiencing.
j-kidd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the "lightweight" acceleration schema? I am using a mouse at 1150 dpi with no acceleration / deceleration, with the following config:
Code:
Option "AccelerationProfile" "0"
Option "AccelerationScheme" "lightweight"

Option "AccelerationNumerator" "1"
Option "AccelerationDenominator" "1"
Option "AccelerationThreshold" "0"
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: