Apache, Mail, DNS, Print, Ftp, Servers on a x86 2GB laptop
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingely
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Apache, Mail, DNS, Print, Ftp, Servers on a x86 2GB laptop Reply with quote

I want to install and actually use:

Apache, Mail, DNS, Print, Ftp Servers on a x86 2GB laptop (very low traffic) with 4 virtual domains (2x lan and 2x .com domains, 20 or so e-mail users and 15 lan clients) to replace a external hosting provider.

I did a trialed OpenSuse and Debian Sqeeze with ISPconfig with Dovecot / MySql /Roundcube. This works fine, until they drop support and become a real pain in the neck because they require a complete new install and configure from scratch.

I now use Gentoo with iRedMail as mail server for one of the domains running in a VirtualBox on a desktop. Works perfect until one of the users switches the power off. The laptop and router can go for 7 days of a 12v car battery sitting in a locker.

I would like to use Gentoo and need recommendation regarding which mail server to use. ISPserver does not support Gentoo. The Gentoo Wiki Howto is for a full fledged ISP and total overkill.

Please move this post if it's in the wrong place.

Dingely
honp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use qmail it works like a charm but i would say that it needs some special care and trick to install :) because there are (or was some bugs in ebuild i think)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: