Troubleshooting a mono application?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Troubleshooting a mono application? Reply with quote

I wrote an ebuild for Wizorb, one of the games from the Humble Indie Bundle, back in January. It worked fine at the time (even posted an ebuild to in bugzilla. However, I just tried to play it again today, and now it crashes when I try to launch it. My main problem here is that it's a mono application, and I have no idea how to troubleshoot that.

Here's the output I get when I try to run it:

Code:
$ ./Wizorb
Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.Alc.OpenDevice (string) <0xffffffff>
  at OpenTK.Audio.AudioContext.CreateContext (string,int,int,bool,bool,OpenTK.Audio.AudioContext/MaxAuxiliarySends) <0x0013f>
  at OpenTK.Audio.AudioContext..ctor (string,int,int,bool,bool,OpenTK.Audio.AudioContext/MaxAuxiliarySends) <0x00047>
  at OpenTK.Audio.AudioContext..ctor () <0x0002b>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Sound.InitilizeSoundServices () <0x00037>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Sound.Initialize (byte[],OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.ALFormat,int,int,single,bool) <0x00037>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Sound..ctor (byte[],single,bool) <0x0012f>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor (string,byte[]) <0x00087>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.SoundEffectReader.Read (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader,Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect) <0x00343>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReader`1.Read (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader,object) <0x00038>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject<T> (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReader) <0x00024>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset<T> () <0x00157>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset<T> (string,System.Action`1<System.IDisposable>) <0x00963>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load<T> (string) <0x000df>
  at Paris.Engine.Context.ContextManager.LoadContent<T> (string) <0x0007f>
  at Paris.Engine.Audio.SFX..ctor (string,int) <0x00063>
  at Paris.Engine.Audio.AudioManager.Init (string[]) <0x00097>
  at Paris.Paris.Init () <0x00126>
  at Paris.Paris.Initialize () <0x0001f>
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () <0x00034>
  at Paris.Program.Main (string[]) <0x0004f>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

Segmentation fault

I have no idea what opentk is supposed to be, but there are a few OpenTK.dll files in the game directory. Apparently it's trying to open my sound device and failing, but why? My sound is working fine, and every other (native) game I've tried works fine. Again, this used to work fine as well, but I've updated a very large number of packages since the beginning of January, and I can't even guess at what might've changed that would affect this.

Any ideas what I can do here? Is there even some way to verify I have all the dependencies installed? I found previously that it needs libgdiplus installed, but that was purely from guessing based on the original output. If I do an ldd on the binary, it simply gives me a few glibc libraries and that's it. I have no idea how to check what it's using through/with/by/??? Mono.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a way to make this run again. After messing with this a bit more I remembered that I also had an openal issue with Trine 2 a while back. It was a different issue - no sound rather than the game crashing, but apparently the same cause - this game doesn't seem to play well with ALSA through openal. By forcing openal to use the oss driver, it works fine.

For anyone interested, I posted details about this from my Trine 2 troubleshooting in the bugzilla link below. The same workaround applies here:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=412057#c5

With that said, I'd still love to know what's causing this. Anyone else run into something like this before?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: