View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dE_logics
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the positive side, sinkholes are a common feature of Florida and I read they were warned before they made the house.

Besides global warming is supposed to effect the crest level of earth, anything below that is just too be big to be affected.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a way to go. Just laying in bed and suddenly the earth opens up and swallows you. Fuck that...
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dE_logics wrote:
On the positive side, sinkholes are a common feature of Florida and I read they were warned before they made the house.

Besides global warming is supposed to effect the crest level of earth, anything below that is just too be big to be affected.

It affects the water table in coastal areas, and Florida is one big coastal area. While there has always been sinkholes, the rising water table expands the problem to areas higher above sea level.

The problem isn't unique to Florida, either, but they have so much land that's only slightly above sea level, and which has been artificially reclaimed from wetlands, that it's going to become sinkhole hell as the sea level rises.

Anybody who doesn't believe me is a Global Warming Denier and doesn't know anything about Climate Scyents.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Rising water table eroding and de-stabilizing the limestone. What else could it be? It's not like the alligators and manatees are digging caves.

We're all doomed. Think of the species! The only hope is to eradicate about one-third of the Earth's human population right away. We need a plague.

too bad your government failed with that HIV idea. Taking out homos and blacks. Could really have worked.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Government moves too slow. We put the HIV in their Kools and "Colt 45 Malt Liquor", but by the time it was out, they had switched to Newports and "Olde English 800".
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Yeah, the Government moves too slow. We put the HIV in their Kools and "Colt 45 Malt Liquor", but by the time it was out, they had switched to Newports and "Olde English 800".
Business looks toward smaller companies for innovation and the ability to move quickly. Government should take that lesson to heart. Heck, even if they had an upper "Senate" layer and a lower "House" layer, it'd probably be an improvement.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
dE_logics
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
dE_logics wrote:

It affects the water table in coastal areas, and Florida is one big coastal area. While there has always been sinkholes, the rising water table expands the problem to areas higher above sea level.

The problem isn't unique to Florida, either, but they have so much land that's only slightly above sea level, and which has been artificially reclaimed from wetlands, that it's going to become sinkhole hell as the sea level rises.

Anybody who doesn't believe me is a Global Warming Denier and doesn't know anything about Climate Scyents.

I don't understand how the water table could be affected by the seal level. Do you mean seawater is entering the water table?

I wonder how his relatives will tell people about his death. "He went to hell".
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dE_logics wrote:
I don't understand how the water table could be affected by the seal level. Do you mean seawater is entering the water table

It's like a beer bong. Where it's flat, you can see tidal effects in rivers a hundred miles inland, with no sign of salt water anywhere.

You don't have teh Scyents, do you? We're all gonna die, and there you are doing nothing about it. :?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: