Valentyn wrote:
and3k wrote:
Valentyn wrote:
Code:
valik@deimos ~ $ sudo emerge -uND world
Пароль:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "=x11-base/xorg-server-1.13.1.901-r9999[dmx]".
(dependency required by "x11-libs/gtk+-99.3.6.4" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/clutter-1.12.2[gtk]" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/clutter-gst-1.4.6" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

it makes me a bit upset :( there isn't 1.13.1.901-r9999 but there is 1.13.2_p0_p02
please fix it

Check if your unity layman repo is up to date? All the versioning changed a few days ago and now everything works for me...

i've made eix-sync so yes it's up-to-date

Strange, maybe try deleting the repo with layman -d (and make sure /var/lib/layman/unity-gentoo/ is gone) and then adding it again.

gtk+-99.3.6.4 is gone from the repo, see here: https://github.com/shiznix/unity-gentoo/tree/master/x11-libs/gtk%2B
Valentyn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a problem. I guess that shiznix renamed all 99-* packages to *_p0_p06 so portage does not see them like "need-to-update-packages" and uses old 99-packages
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Valentyn, you might have missed this post on the previous page, so here it is again:
shiznix wrote:
The 99. prefixing has now been removed and we rely on masking the packages from ::gentoo repo using sormy's solution (thanks sormy).

This requires some additional package.mask and package.keywords setup but should be a once off set and forget.
The overlay now requires symlinking the file 'unity-portage.pmask' to '/etc/portage/package.mask/unity-portage.pmask'
Code:
ln -s /var/lib/layman/unity-gentoo/unity-portage.pmask /etc/portage/package.mask/unity-portage.pmask

All packages are keyword masked and require keyword unmasking by adding '*/*::unity-gentoo' to your package.keywords file.
You can safely remove the old /etc/portage/package.keywords/unity-gentoo symlink that points to /var/lib/layman/unity-gentoo/PACKAGES

package.unmask files override package.mask files, so be sure that none of the packages listed in 'unity-portage.pmask' already lie in your /etc/portage/package.unmask file, or if they do that they unmask in a repo specific way.
eg. www-client/chromium::unity-gentoo

There is a new eclass ubuntu-versionator.eclass.
It checks for the correct masking setup (package.mask and keyword.mask) needed for the overlay to integrate with the main portage tree.

The eclass also uses the new ebuild naming scheme to generate a valid UVER string that is used in SRC_URI.
This has the following benefits:
* Removes code duplication
* Easier patchset version bumping (ebuild now just needs to be renamed and digested, instead of the old way of open ebuild, edit ebuild, save ebuild, digest ebuild)
* Minor patchset bumps are picked up by emerge as upgrades (eg. gtk+-3.6.4's 0ubuntu5 patchset tarball is bumped up to 0ubuntu6).

Every ebuild has now been renamed to this new naming scheme.
The version_check.sh script in the top level directory has been re-worked to use the new naming scheme.

It's been thoroughly tested so all should be OK, but if you're already using the overlay you may need to do the following to ensure all packages are installed at once to upgrade/downgrade to the new ebuild naming scheme:
Code:
emerge -1a `eix -I --in-overlay unity-gentoo --only-names`

So in summmary, doing the following should solve the problem you're experiencing:
Code:
Thanks! ;)
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sormy wrote:
It seems like my default /etc/init.d/xdm with "gdm" in /etc/conf.d/xdm and XSESSION="unity" start every time "gnome3" instead of "unity".
startx works fine and run unity. Do you have any suggestions or workarounds?

When you are at gdm's login page, are you able to click on the drop-down menu named 'Session', choose Unity and have Unity start ?
Or is gdm not remembering your last Session chosen, defaulting back to gnome3 and requiring you to constantly choose Unity from the 'Session' drop-down menu ?

and3k wrote:
gdm apparently uses the settings from /var/lib/AccountsService/users/<username>

Changing the XSession variable there to unity worked for me.

You were hit by this too and3k ?
I've not got this problem yet, but I think this is the file that remembers the user's last session chosen from the 'Session' drop-down menu. So normally this should be seamlessly updated in the background and shouldn't require user intervention to manually edit the file.

It appears that gdm updates this file via the /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon service, provided by sys-apps/accountsservice.
When gdm starts it yells across to dbus to start the /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon service via /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.Accounts.service

So my next question is what version of sys-apps/accountsservice do you have installed (I have 0.6.30), and is /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon getting started by gdm OK (should see it start in your syslog and running in the output of 'ps') ?
and3k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
and3k wrote:
gdm apparently uses the settings from /var/lib/AccountsService/users/<username>

Changing the XSession variable there to unity worked for me.

You were hit by this too and3k ?
I've not got this problem yet, but I think this is the file that remembers the user's last session chosen from the 'Session' drop-down menu. So normally this should be seamlessly updated in the background and shouldn't require user intervention to manually edit the file.

It appears that gdm updates this file via the /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon service, provided by sys-apps/accountsservice.
When gdm starts it yells across to dbus to start the /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon service via /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.Accounts.service

So my next question is what version of sys-apps/accountsservice do you have installed (I have 0.6.30), and is /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon getting started by gdm OK (should see it start in your syslog and running in the output of 'ps') ?

My gdm seems to be not working properly. Log in doesn’t work, and I have no option to change the session right now. But since I use autologin and fixed my default session to unity via /var/lib/AccountsService/users/ (it was always starting gnome 3 fallback) I don’t really care…

I have the same accountsservice version as you.

Thanks for getting unity working on Gentoo, shiznix! :D
Valentyn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:

It's been thoroughly tested so all should be OK, but if you're already using the overlay you may need to do the following to ensure all packages are installed at once to upgrade/downgrade to the new ebuild naming scheme:
Code:

done, Thanks ;) I wrote my post before I made eselect news read <*>
so done, good :)

Last edited by Valentyn on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
So I was looking at trying to fix the large systray icons bug that can happen when setting com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist to 'all', when I found that Canonical have removed the systray whitelist feature completely in new versions of Unity.

They now expect every GUI application developer to port their software to use Ubuntu's own appindicator API, and if they don't then their application will not show in Unity's panel.

So the question is, will every GUI software developer port or write code for a Ubuntu specific systray when their chosen GUI toolkit (ie. gtk/qt) already implements systray functionality ?
Answer is, probably not.

You can read some developer's discussion here -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/974480
And some user's reception here -> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2113769

Does this means that in next Unity release the 'legacy' try-icons will not work anymore or will the icons remain working as current?
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and3k wrote:
My gdm seems to be not working properly. Log in doesn’t work, and I have no option to change the session right now. But since I use autologin and fixed my default session to unity via /var/lib/AccountsService/users/ (it was always starting gnome 3 fallback) I don’t really care…

OK no problem but I wonder, are you guys using systemd maybe ?

and3k wrote:

You're welcome, hope it's working well for you ;)

renegart wrote:
shiznix wrote:
So I was looking at trying to fix the large systray icons bug that can happen when setting com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist to 'all', when I found that Canonical have removed the systray whitelist feature completely in new versions of Unity.

They now expect every GUI application developer to port their software to use Ubuntu's own appindicator API, and if they don't then their application will not show in Unity's panel.

So the question is, will every GUI software developer port or write code for a Ubuntu specific systray when their chosen GUI toolkit (ie. gtk/qt) already implements systray functionality ?
Answer is, probably not.

You can read some developer's discussion here -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/974480
And some user's reception here -> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2113769

Does this means that in next Unity release the 'legacy' try-icons will not work anymore or will the icons remain working as current?

They won't work anymore, and it's already been committed in Ubuntu in the latest Raring updates.
But hopefully the growing user backlash will be great enough that they won't go ahead with the idea.
Or if they do, that someone maintains a fork for Unity prior to them killing off the systray or someone creates a systray-indicator that uses Ubuntu's appindicator API but acts as a placeholder for the thousands of applications that won't be porting their software to be Ubuntu specific.

And in the meantime if they do decide to go ahead with this, I'll maintain as far as possible a patch that adds the functionality back in.
and3k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
and3k wrote:

OK no problem but I wonder, are you guys using systemd maybe ?

Nope

shiznix wrote:

and3k wrote:

You're welcome, hope it's working well for you ;)

Yes, since the last major update, everything works very nicely, except that I have no systray (but I don’t care).
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and3k wrote:
Yes, since the last major update, everything works very nicely, except that I have no systray (but I don’t care).
Great 8)
You should still have a systray, I've no intention of committing the Raring change that obsoleted it, but you'll need to do the following to have all systray icons show:
Code:
gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['all']"

Or add/remove specific programs from that gsettings key with dconf-editor if you want to be more selective.

In other news, language support has just been added in with 'unity-language-pack' ebuild.
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:

In other news, language support has just been added in with 'unity-language-pack' ebuild.

I've tried to inistall the unity-language-pack.
1) the manifest file is not up to date.
2) the ebuild will override file of following packages:
compiz, unity, indicator-datetime, indicator-session, unity-lens-photos

I was not able to fix the sandbox violations with uninstall/re-install for the packages indicator-datetime, indicator-session, unity-lens-photos after install the 'unity-language-pack'
and3k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
shiznix wrote:

I was not able to fix the sandbox violations with uninstall/re-install for the packages indicator-datetime, indicator-session, unity-lens-photos after install the 'unity-language-pack'

Hey renegart

1) I didn’t have this problem. Try to update the unity layman repo
2) I had the same problem. I just deleted all the override-violate-files, and then merging unity-language-pack worked.

Best,
and3k
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and3k wrote:
renegart wrote:
shiznix wrote:

Hey renegart

1) I didn’t have this problem. Try to update the unity layman repo
2) I had the same problem. I just deleted all the override-violate-files, and then merging unity-language-pack worked.

Best,
and3k

Hi,
I've the problem with the Manifest on two system. It's just a hint to shiznix, because it easy to fix it on my side.

Just deleting the file which are effected by override-violation is only a work around. It has to be fixed in the ebuild so other users will not be bothered. :)

I meantime I could reduce the override-violation to 'indicator-datetime'
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:

Fix commited:
Manifest file has been updated.
Revision bumped compiz, unity, indicator-datetime, indicator-session, unity-lens-photos to force their upgrade.
Made them RDEPEND on unity-language-pack and added them as soft blocks in unity-language-pack ebuild.

Sync up and 'emerge -uDN world' should smooth things over, thanks for reporting :wink:
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systray icons are now finally fixed so their size and position are consistent.
Was missing the small patch for dev-libs/libunity-misc from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libunity-misc/+bug/856125

The systray whitelist setting in dconf (com.canonical.Unity.Panel) is now set to 'all' by default, this enables all applications that have a systray element to use it.
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
Systray icons are now finally fixed so their size and position are consistent.
Was missing the small patch for dev-libs/libunity-misc from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libunity-misc/+bug/856125

The systray whitelist setting in dconf (com.canonical.Unity.Panel) is now set to 'all' by default, this enables all applications that have a systray element to use it.

Great work :D
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
when I try to merge 'unity-lens-cooking' I get an error because a patch could not be applied. http://bpaste.net/show/79398/

Can give me somebody a hint where I can change the (folder) icon theme in nautilus? I would like to have the icon theme used in Ununtu (or similar) but I didn't found the place where I can change the theme.
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
Hello,
when I try to merge 'unity-lens-cooking' I get an error because a patch could not be applied. http://bpaste.net/show/79398/

Can give me somebody a hint where I can change the (folder) icon theme in nautilus? I would like to have the icon theme used in Ununtu (or similar) but I didn't found the place where I can change the theme.

Oops, the developer was too quick applying the patch upstream :) (https://bugs.launchpad.net/lens-cooking/+bug/1051718)
Patch is now removed.
ahgblopes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will make a fresh install... Do you recommend that i install gnome3 before unity or install the unity-meta package just after i install xorg-server?
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahgblopes wrote:
I will make a fresh install... Do you recommend that i install gnome3 before unity or install the unity-meta package just after i install xorg-server?

You should be able to emerge unity-meta at any point, even on a fresh install before emerging anything else.
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:

Looking at adding that in now.
You can change the icon theme either with the gnome-tweak-tool or using the unsettings application.
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
renegart wrote:

You can change the icon theme either with the gnome-tweak-tool or using the unsettings application.

I've tried this on both places. It seems there is a problem with the 'pre-installed' ichon themes. It doesn't matter which theme I select, I get evertime the default gnome-theme (I guess).
Using third-party icon themes located in '~/.icons' are working. I'll try it again today evening...

btw, did you get my PN?
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
shiznix wrote:
renegart wrote:

I've tried this on both places. It seems there is a problem with the 'pre-installed' ichon themes. It doesn't matter which theme I select, I get evertime the default gnome-theme (I guess).
Using third-party icon themes located in '~/.icons' are working. I'll try it again today evening...

btw, did you get my PN?

On closer inspection you shouldn't need to specifically change your icon theme with those apps. described above to get the default look.
You should only need to set your overall theme to either Ambiance or Radiance in System Settings > Appearance > Theme

Ambiance or Radiance are meta-themes that inherit either ubuntuo-mono-dark or ubuntuo-mono-light icon themes.
The ubuntuo-mono-dark or ubuntuo-mono-light icon themes subsequently inherit Humanity-Dark or Humanity themes.

And I was missing an ebuild for the Humanity-Dark and Humanity themes which I'll add to overlay shortly.

For reference:
Ambiance or Radiance meta themes are provided by x11-themes/light-themes
ubuntuo-mono-dark and ubuntuo-mono-light icon themes are provided by x11-themes/ubuntu-mono
Humanity-Dark or Humanity icon themes are provided by x11-themes/humanity-icon-theme

Yes, got your PM and replied thanks :)

EDIT: OK icon theme ebuilds and some version bumps are committed now.

Was trying to fix a problem that's come about with rhythmbox-ubuntuone plugin doing some weird things to rhythmbox with the inclusion of gstreamer-1.0.
For some odd reason with rhythmbox-ubuntuone installed, rhythmbox won't play audio and segfaults because it tries to use both gstreamer-0.10 and gstreamer-1.0 libraries.
Haven't come across a fix yet, except for maybe uninstalling rhythmbox-ubuntuone if you want to use rhythmbox :roll:
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhythmbox is now fixed and works with rhythmbox-ubuntuone plugin again.
Fix was to use rhythmbox-2.98 and apply Ubuntu's patchset to support gstreamer-1.0.

And here's a bonus...fixing this by adding Ubuntu patched rhythmbox makes the sound indicator webapps work (YouTube for example).
Note that YouTube webapp only works in Chromium, YouTube webapp doesn't prompt for installation in Firefox for some reason.
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A file listed in the Manifest could not be found: /var/lib/layman/unity-gentoo/media-sound/rhythmbox/rhythmbox-2.97_p1_p05.ebuild

your Manifest file is not up to date
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 16 of 27

Jump to: