ebuild fail when include freetype
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richliu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: ebuild fail when include freetype Reply with quote

Hi,

I got a emerge fail issue, if the package which need to include freetype header.
compiler will not find the header when build source code.
I tried to search google and gentoo bugzilla, I don't find any useful result.

I found both fail cases are using cmake to build the source code.

There are two packages on my system, one is systemsettings-4.10.0, another is app-text/poppler-0.20.5

Below is brief error message
==========
[ 85%] Building CXX object kcontrol/kfontinst/lib/CMakeFiles/kfontinstui.dir/FcEngine.o
cd /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0_build/kcontrol/kfontinst/lib && /usr/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DDISABLE_NEPOMUK_LEGACY -DHAVE_CONFIG_H=1 -DKDE4_CMAKE_TOPLEVEL_DIR_LENGTH=52 -DKDE_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DMAKE_KFONTINSTUI_LIB -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_USE_FAST_CONCATENATION -DQT_USE_FAST_OPERATOR_PLUS -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -O2 -march=k8 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -fno-exceptions -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -fno-check-new -fno-common -Woverloaded-virtual -fno-threadsafe-statics -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fPIC -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0_build/kcontrol/kfontinst/lib -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/kcontrol/kfontinst/lib -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0 -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0_build -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/libs -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/kcontrol/kfontinst -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0_build/kcontrol/kfontinst -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/kcontrol/kfontinst/dbus -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0_build/kcontrol/kfontinst/dbus -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/kcontrol/kfontinst/viewpart -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/kcontrol/kfontinst/kcmfontinst -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0_build/kcontrol/kfontinst/kcmfontinst -I/usr/include/KDE -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXmlPatterns -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/qt4/QtTest -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtScriptTools -I/usr/include/qt4/QtScript -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDesigner -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDBus -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt3Support -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default -I/usr/include/qt4 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -o CMakeFiles/kfontinstui.dir/FcEngine.o -c /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/kcontrol/kfontinst/lib/FcEngine.cpp
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/systemsettings-4.10.0/work/systemsettings-4.10.0/kcontrol/kfontinst/lib/FcEngine.cpp:40:0:
/usr/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:40:23: fatal error: freetype/freetype.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
===========

It can download build log from url https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6241711/keep/build.log
and download emerge info from url https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6241711/keep/emerge.info.txt

Anyone can give some suggestion?

Last edited by richliu on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first post the real link to the build log.
Then check the output of 'pkg-config xft --cflags'.
Depending on the build log, the content of CMakeCache.txt might be interesting.
richliu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoidMage wrote:
Well, first post the real link to the build log.
Then check the output of 'pkg-config xft --cflags'.
Depending on the build log, the content of CMakeCache.txt might be interesting.

Hi,

Thanks your reply,

here is my pkg-config output
# pkg-config xft --cflags
-I/usr/include/freetype2

Here is CMakeCache.txt output https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6241711/keep/CMakeCache.txt

some FreeType related output is below
Code:

//Path to a file.
FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_freetype2:PATH=/usr/include

//Path to a file.
FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build:PATH=/usr/include

I suspected that should be a problem, however, I don't have solution about this.
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the build log ?
richliu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoidMage wrote:
...and the build log ?

Sorry, I put the wrong link at first post.
build log is here.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6241711/keep/build.log

I also updated the first post build.log link.
otherplace
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richliu wrote:
VoidMage wrote:
...and the build log ?

Sorry, I put the wrong link at first post.
build log is here.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6241711/keep/build.log

I also updated the first post build.log link.

Hi, richliu

same here.

did you solved this issue??
thomasa88
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to have been a lot of applications breaking due to freetype-2.5.1 moving around the freetype includes. freetype has macros for the includes that should have been used, but seems several applications don't use them. Your failure could be related.

Anyhow, what I can tell from https://packages.gentoo.org/package/media-libs/freetype , freetype version 2.5.1 has been masked. So if this is your problem, you can probably sync and pull in freetype to get it downgraded (maybe this happens automatically when you try to merge your package - I just recently got back from paludis).

edit.
Ooops. Original post was from February. Did not see that. Sorry.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: