"Keep your so-called workers," U.S. boss tells France
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: "Keep your so-called workers," U.S. boss tells Fra Reply with quote

Quote:
The CEO of a U.S. tire maker has delivered a crushing summary of how some outsiders view France's work ethic in a letter saying he would have to be stupid to take over a factory whose staff only put in three hours work a day.

Titan International's Maurice Taylor, nicknamed "The Grizz" for his negotiating style, told the left-wing French industry minister in a letter published by media on Wednesday that he had no interest in rescuing a plant set for closure.
"The French workforce gets paid high wages but works only three hours. They get one hour for breaks and lunch, talk for three and work for three," Taylor wrote on February 8 in the letter in English to the minister, Arnaud Montebourg.

"I told this to the French union workers to their faces. They told me that's the French way!" Taylor added in the letter, which was posted by business daily Les Echos on its website and which the ministry confirmed was genuine.
"Titan is going to buy a Chinese tire company or an Indian one, pay less than one Euro per hour wage and ship all the tires France needs," he said. "You can keep the so-called workers."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

French source here
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know man. I'd like working in France.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
I don't know man. I'd like working in France.

Because what the French call "working" we would call a holiday.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what they call cafeteria, is actually a restaurant with more than 100 cuisines, just for lunch.
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love the response "that's the French way!" Let me translate it for you: piss off.

He did not say that he would use workers from the USA, did he? :lol:
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:

Don't be silly, he wants to charge for the tires as if he had US labour costs but not actually pay for any labour.
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
wildhorse wrote:

Don't be silly, he wants to charge for the tires as if he had US labour costs but not actually pay for any labour.
Oh, that makes sense. US labour costs are about 100 times higher than in India, while efficiency is 100 lower in the USA than in India. Needless to point out that only 1 in 100 tires from the USA is airtight, which is why he looked for help from France in the first place. The French perform the best blowjob in the world.
danomac
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
And what they call cafeteria, is actually a restaurant with more than 100 cuisines, just for lunch.

Yep, and every dish has a pound of butter in it.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and a 1000 desserts.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, the French know their stuff. Okay?

Exhibit A.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep your so-called workers," U.S. boss tells Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

Quote:
The CEO of a U.S. tire maker has delivered a crushing summary of how some outsiders view France's work ethic in a letter saying he would have to be stupid to take over a factory whose staff only put in three hours work a day.

Titan International's Maurice Taylor, nicknamed "The Grizz" for his negotiating style, told the left-wing French industry minister in a letter published by media on Wednesday that he had no interest in rescuing a plant set for closure.
"The French workforce gets paid high wages but works only three hours. They get one hour for breaks and lunch, talk for three and work for three," Taylor wrote on February 8 in the letter in English to the minister, Arnaud Montebourg.

"I told this to the French union workers to their faces. They told me that's the French way!" Taylor added in the letter, which was posted by business daily Les Echos on its website and which the ministry confirmed was genuine.
"Titan is going to buy a Chinese tire company or an Indian one, pay less than one Euro per hour wage and ship all the tires France needs," he said. "You can keep the so-called workers."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

French source here

of course he neclected to mention that those who worked three hours a day were on a reduced work program put into place by the (american) managment to reduce costs until demand goes up.... but hey, why not invest in Georgia or Alabama? Ok, you have to teach them how to write and read first. And six fingers are not always benefical....

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep your so-called workers," U.S. boss tells Reply with quote

Quote:
"Titan is going to buy a Chinese tire company or an Indian one, pay less than one Euro per hour wage

LOL

At least he admitted to the real issue instead of pretending it had anything to do with 3hrs of work.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
aidanjt wrote:
wildhorse wrote:

Oh, that makes sense. US labour costs are about 100 times higher than in India, while efficiency is 100 lower in the USA than in India. Needless to point out that only 1 in 100 tires from the USA is airtight, which is why he looked for help from France in the first place. The French perform the best blowjob in the world.

So says the guy from the place with 25% unemployment. You go ahead and tell us how it's done, though. :roll:
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:

all you get is french food at a french cafeteria.
Patrick22
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I think the main reason behind the hiring of indian labor is the difference between the indian and USA currency.And also the unemployment rate they are ready to work at low wages because after converting currency they have a reasonable amount of money for their family.
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Patrick22 wrote:
I think the main reason behind the hiring of indian labor is the difference between the indian and USA currency.And also the unemployment rate they are ready to work at low wages because after converting currency they have a reasonable amount of money for their family.

Thats not the only reason, it a big reason that is true, but a reason which is being whittled down with local cost of living increases (some manufacturing in the UK has actually started to be pulled back from India).
Another key influence is available labour pool to pull from. From my perspective when I have a req to hire staff (and that actually include requests for more headcount in our Indian based centre or job outline for our sister site in Phoenix) for a particular engineering job vacancy I open for UK-based, US-based or India-based there is usually one or two suitable applicants for a UK position or a US position, but something like 20 for an Indian position.

So between an apathy in the UK (and to some degree the same in the US) where people expect to earn a certain amount and not do menial work (ie factory-based production line stuff) reducing the number of available workers willing todo the low-paid work AND a general trend over the last 20-30 years in the UK/US where engineering/science degree graduates have constantly fallen ... where exactly can you hire from to not only design but to build?

A diminishing viable workforce also increases their cost *IF* they do get hired
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: