Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boris27
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardok45 wrote:
pjp wrote:
Thanks, I'll check out the requirements. Looks worth $5.
I just looked on Steam, it's actually $10 and not on Linux. Last time I checked it was $5. It was probably during a sale.

I got mine in the Orange box, so I don't know what I paid for it, but I do remember once seeing it for 1,75 euros on steam (during the christmas sale I think?). Anyway, it's also a Source engine game (like anything Valve makes), so it's likely Linux support will be coming.

It's a great game. I also really enjoyed Portal 2.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardok45 wrote:
I just looked on Steam, it's actually $10 and not on Linux. Last time I checked it was $5. It was probably during a sale.
I'd still probably do $10, but with no Linux, it'd have to run in a VM, and that may be more trouble that its worth to me.

Closey wrote:
if you think you might enjoy a game with humor and that takes some thinking to get through. :)
Humor? That's questionable. Low-brow comedy isn't my thing, so I guess it'd just depend on how involved it is. Thinking is good, provided it isn't so obscure all but the most dedicated will need a cheat guide.

I generally enjoy a game that allows me to sit down for a while and play and not worry about turning off (obviously I might try finishing a level before doing so, but I don't want to spend 30 minutes harvesting trees or some such).

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:

Humor? That's questionable. Low-brow comedy isn't my thing, so I guess it'd just depend on how involved it is. Thinking is good, provided it isn't so obscure all but the most dedicated will need a cheat guide.

Puzzles are challenging but the execution, once you've solved it in your head, is not overly difficult.

Quote:
I generally enjoy a game that allows me to sit down for a while and play and not worry about turning off (obviously I might try finishing a level before doing so, but I don't want to spend 30 minutes harvesting trees or some such).
'

I played through Portal but not Portal 2. The humor is not really lowbrow as in limmericks and fart jokes... It's humor in the sense that the computer that narrates the game has quirks, engages in fuzzy logic and needs to see a psychologist.

If you get it, I hope you enjoy it.

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
Fran
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogamol wrote:
The humor is not really lowbrow as in limmericks and fart jokes... It's humor in the sense that the computer that narrates the game has quirks, engages in fuzzy logic and needs to see a psychologist.

Slow Clap Processor :lol:
Closey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious Sam 3 is a nice one as well to pick up now when it's at 80%. I've always been a fan of the Sam games though.. but they are fun. As in mindless carnage fun. :twisted:

Probably the best times I've had playing cooperative in any game. Just crank up the difficulty and enjoy the waves and waves of cannon fodder. 8)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: