Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Error to upgrade environment because of MESA 9.1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xp-vit
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Error to upgrade environment because of MESA 9.1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm using ~amd64 and now getting Error while updating mesa to 9.1. Here is the error log:

Code:
checking for RADEON... yes
configure: error: LLVM R600 Target not enabled.  You can enable it when building the LLVM
                      sources with the --enable-experimental-targets=R600
                      configure flag

!!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9.1_rc1/work/Mesa-9.1-devel/config.log
 * ERROR: media-libs/mesa-9.1_rc1 failed (configure phase):
 *   econf failed


I understand that I need to enable some options, but can't fugure our where and how.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 2204
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have USE=r600-llvm-compiler set in mesa, but you installed sys-devel/llvm without r600 target support. Either disable the former or fix the latter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joseph K.
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how do you actually add r600 support to llvm? I disabled "r600-llvm-compiler" for the same reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 1600
Location: US

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph K.,

Not 100% sure about this, but try EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-experimental-targets=R600" emerge etc.etc.

UPDATE: This works for sure:

Code:
mkdir -p /etc/portage/env/sys-devel
echo 'EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-experimental-targets=R600"' >> /etc/portage/env/sys-devel/llvm
chmod +x  /etc/portage/env/sys-devel/llvm

I then ran ebuild $(equery w sys-devel/llvm) configure and the end of the ./configure line read --enable-experimental-targets=R600:
Code:
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/llvm-3.1-r2/work/llvm-3.1.src ...
 * econf: updating llvm-3.1.src/projects/sample/autoconf/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
 * econf: updating llvm-3.1.src/projects/sample/autoconf/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
 * econf: updating llvm-3.1.src/autoconf/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
 * econf: updating llvm-3.1.src/autoconf/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-shared --with-optimize-option= --enable-optimized --disable-assertions --disable-expensive-checks --enable-targets=host,cpp --enable-pic --enable-bindings=none --enable-libffi --enable-experimental-targets=R600

_________________
Good luck :wink:

Since installing gentoo, my life has become one long emerge :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r6xx llvm support was split away from mesa to another pkg, see http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI2OTE
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joseph K.
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was split away into llvm, which is what we're discussing. :)

Unless I'm wrong...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph K. wrote:
Yes, it was split away into llvm, which is what we're discussing. :)

Unless I'm wrong...?


from the op's code:
Quote:
configure: error: LLVM R600 Target not enabled. You can enable it when building the LLVM
sources with the --enable-experimental-targets=R600
configure flag

unless I misunderstood something.
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joseph K.
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that EXTRA_CONF worked, btw, thanks.

Well, it worked for getting llvm-9999 installed with r600 support, but mesa-9999 fails to compile, complaining about a missing LLVM header, LLVMContext.h, which is present in the llvm package, but in an IR directory. Meh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph K. wrote:
Oh yeah, that EXTRA_CONF worked, btw, thanks.

Well, it worked for getting llvm-9999 installed with r600 support, but mesa-9999 fails to compile, complaining about a missing LLVM header, LLVMContext.h, which is present in the llvm package, but in an IR directory. Meh.


why not open a bug then?
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joseph K.
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
Joseph K. wrote:
Yes, it was split away into llvm, which is what we're discussing. :)

Unless I'm wrong...?


from the op's code:
Quote:
configure: error: LLVM R600 Target not enabled. You can enable it when building the LLVM
sources with the --enable-experimental-targets=R600
configure flag

unless I misunderstood something.


I'm not sure, I'm a bit confused now. We were discussing how to enable the r600 target in llvm, which the r600-llvm-compiler USE flag in mesa requires, since that code was split from mesa into llvm. You said it was split from mesa into another package, which seemed to imply that it was split into a package other than llvm. I'm pretty sure that it's in llvm, but I could be wrong; I'm not sure of any other package to consider in this equation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joseph K.
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
Joseph K. wrote:
Oh yeah, that EXTRA_CONF worked, btw, thanks.

Well, it worked for getting llvm-9999 installed with r600 support, but mesa-9999 fails to compile, complaining about a missing LLVM header, LLVMContext.h, which is present in the llvm package, but in an IR directory. Meh.


why not open a bug then?


Well, if I establish that it is definitely a bug in the code and not a misconfiguration on my system and the problem persists for a few days, I probably will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xp-vit
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the most correct way to Update Mesa today?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xp-vit wrote:
So what is the most correct way to Update Mesa today?

remove the mentioned flag.
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xp-vit
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't have that flag setup manually anywhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joseph K.
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the output of
Code:
emerge -pv mesa

Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xp-vit
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is:

Code:
localhost ~ # emerge -pv mesa
!!! Found 2 make.conf files, using both '/etc/make.conf' and '/etc/portage/make.conf'

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U  ] media-libs/mesa-9.1_rc1 [9.0.1] USE="classic egl gallium llvm nptl shared-glapi -bindist -debug -gbm -gles1 -gles2 -openvg -osmesa -pax_kernel -pic -r600-llvm-compiler (-selinux) -vdpau -wayland -xa -xorg -xvmc (-g3dvl%)" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon radeonsi -i915 -i965 -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -vmware" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 0 kB

 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xp-vit wrote:
Here it is:

Code:
localhost ~ # emerge -pv mesa
!!! Found 2 make.conf files, using both '/etc/make.conf' and '/etc/portage/make.conf'

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U  ] media-libs/mesa-9.1_rc1 [9.0.1] USE="classic egl gallium llvm nptl shared-glapi -bindist -debug -gbm -gles1 -gles2 -openvg -osmesa -pax_kernel -pic -r600-llvm-compiler (-selinux) -vdpau -wayland -xa -xorg -xvmc (-g3dvl%)" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon radeonsi -i915 -i965 -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -vmware" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 0 kB

 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.


try without llvm flag
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spinfoam
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
xp-vit wrote:
Here it is:

Code:
localhost ~ # emerge -pv mesa
!!! Found 2 make.conf files, using both '/etc/make.conf' and '/etc/portage/make.conf'

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U  ] media-libs/mesa-9.1_rc1 [9.0.1] USE="classic egl gallium llvm nptl shared-glapi -bindist -debug -gbm -gles1 -gles2 -openvg -osmesa -pax_kernel -pic -r600-llvm-compiler (-selinux) -vdpau -wayland -xa -xorg -xvmc (-g3dvl%)" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon radeonsi -i915 -i965 -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -vmware" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 0 kB

 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.


try without llvm flag


Tried this suggestion for the above problem with mesa-9.1_rc2 but got this:
Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies \

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for media-libs/mesa from @selected
... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "media-libs/mesa" has unmet requirements.
- media-libs/mesa-9.1_rc2::gentoo USE="classic egl gallium gbm nptl openvg osmesa shared-glapi xa xorg xvmc -bindist -debug -gles1 -gles2 -llvm -pax_kernel -pic -r600-llvm-compiler (-selinux) -vdpau -wayland" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon radeonsi -i915 -i965 -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -vmware"

  The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    video_cards_radeonsi? ( llvm )

  The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    llvm? ( gallium ) openvg? ( egl gallium ) gbm? ( shared-glapi ) gles1? ( egl ) gles2? ( egl ) r600-llvm-compiler? ( gallium llvm any-of ( video_cards_r600 video_cards_radeon ) ) xa? ( gallium ) xorg? ( gallium ) video_cards_intel? ( any-of ( classic gallium ) ) video_cards_i915? ( any-of ( classic gallium ) ) video_cards_i965? ( classic ) video_cards_nouveau? ( any-of ( classic gallium ) ) video_cards_radeon? ( any-of ( classic gallium ) ) video_cards_r100? ( classic ) video_cards_r200? ( classic ) video_cards_r300? ( gallium ) video_cards_r600? ( gallium ) video_cards_radeonsi? ( gallium llvm ) video_cards_vmware? ( gallium )

(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])


So it seems one cannot build without llvm on radeonsi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what card are you using?
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trismo
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 May 2012
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gentoo llvm ebuild download sources don't have r600 target.

use the FireBurn Overlay sys-devel/llvm ebuild it works
https://github.com/FireBurn/Overlay/blob/master/sys-devel/llvm/llvm-9999.ebuild

mesa recommend it http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm/
Official r600 target comes with next stable llvm version.


Last edited by trismo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spinfoam
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
what card are you using?


VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7700 Series]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, after removing the r600-llvm-compiler flag you get the same config error? if so, you should open a bug regarding this.

btw, why do you have two make.conf?
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum