Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How to Turn Off Screen Locker in KDE 4.10?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Featherfoot
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: How to Turn Off Screen Locker in KDE 4.10? Reply with quote

I just upgraded to KDE 4.10. Whereas before I just had a screen saver on my home computer I now have a screen locker that quite often requires that I type in my password twice.

Does anybody know how to turn it off? The settings in SystemSetup don't appear to work.
LubosD
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is you can't even turn it ON. When I press Ctrl+Alt+L, nothing happens, although it is configured as a screen lock combo.

Someone broke something that was working, because he never bothered to try if it works...
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systemsettings->Display & Monitor->Screen Lock (*). here you can change to use a regular screensaver. Unfortunately KDE 4.10 has a bug that you can not turn off the locking of the screen (need PW) (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=310871), and another that chosing "Blank screen" does not work. You have to select a screen saver from the list other than just to blank the screen.

(*) I do not know whether this is the exact naming, I do not use english as my system language.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: