Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How do I change the colours in KDevelop?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinB
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: How do I change the colours in KDevelop? Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just switched over from using KATE to KDevelop as my development environment. It seems that KDevelop has more detailed syntax highlighting than KATE. I created a screenshot here to show what KDevelop looks like on my system using my highlighting settings from KATE.

As you can see, KDevelop is giving different colours to Classes, Namespaces, Function Calls, etc. which KATE did not do. All the different colours are making the environment look far too chaotic and distracting for my liking. I went into "Setting" -> "Configure Editor" -> "Fonts & Colors" and set all the colours under the "Colors" tab, the "Default Text Styles" tab and the "Highlighting Text Styles" tab for "Sources/C++".

However, the list of available colours to change does not go beyond the basic options offered by KATE, and thus does not give me any possibility to change the colours of Classes, Class Functions, Function Calls, Namespaces, etc. I've looked everywhere through the options in KDevelop and I've turned up absolutely nothing.

Does someone know how to change these colours?

Thanks,
Martin
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That what you don't like is most likely "semantic codehighlighting".
Settings -> configure kdevelop -> Language support
Change Local/Global Colorization Intensity to "zero" and it should look like in kate.

But I suggest to give it a chance (probably simply reduced intensity), IMHO it is quite useful.

// edit:
And you probably want to try "solarized (dark)" as color scheme (settings -> configure editor -> fonts and colors) - less contrast, really pleasing to the eyes.
MartinB
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I'm guessing it's not possible to actually select my own colours for these things then? Ideally, this is what I was hoping to do, but reducing the intensity rather than setting it to zero is definitely better than it was and also better than nothing. :)

Also, I didn't find the "solarized (dark)" as an option in the Fonts and Colors. The only schemes available are:
  • kdevelop - Normal
  • kdevelop - Printing
  • kate - Normal
  • kate - Printing

franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinB wrote:
Also, I didn't find the "solarized (dark)" as an option in the Fonts and Colors. The only schemes available are:
  • kdevelop - Normal
  • kdevelop - Printing
  • kate - Normal
  • kate - Printing

Hmmm - probably kde-4.10 only?
In any case you can install it for your user:
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/?content=150093
MartinB
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. Yes, that's probably it, since I'm on 4.9.5 at the moment, which seems to be the latest available in Portage without unmasking anything.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: