Dumb & Dumber get schooled by a Neurosurgeon
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Dumb & Dumber get schooled by a Neurosurgeon Reply with quote

Dr. Benjamin Carson Schools Dumb & Dumber
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard the speech described this morning. Need to check it out. Heard some of it covered, and makes Obama look like the vegetable that he is.

Also heard a recommendation for some of Krulak's commencement speeches.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel Maddow has been really starting to get on Obama's case about targeted killing and the drone campaigns of assassination in general. Are liberals actually starting to wake up and smell the Stalin? Can this be?

I think it's red herring time. What will the Ministry of Truth pull to distract them?
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd want a Bible thumping neurosurgeon running the economy like I'd want a Bible thumping economist to do my brain surgery.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
I'd want a Bible thumping neurosurgeon running the economy like I'd want a Bible thumping economist to do my brain surgery.

Come back to us when you don't have blasphemy laws in your own country.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
aidanjt wrote:

Come back to us when you don't have blasphemy laws in your own country.

Come back to us when you don't have legal bribery, domestic spying, torture, imprisonment without trial, and citizen murder laws in your own country.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THOUS HALT NOT INSULT GOD ~vs~ freedom of speech and assembly. Sorry, but you lose. Your points on the murderous thug Obama and his various illegal aggressions are noted, but he is acting against the constitution. Your blasphemy laws are codified into every aspect of your life. Be careful, avoid saying "damn" or "Christ"... you might just get locked up.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:

Racism! You're just saying that 'cause he's black.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
THOUS HALT NOT INSULT GOD ~vs~ freedom of speech and assembly. Sorry, but you lose. Your points on the murderous thug Obama and his various illegal aggressions are noted, but he is acting against the constitution. Your blasphemy laws are codified into every aspect of your life. Be careful, avoid saying "damn" or "Christ"... you might just get locked up.

Sorry, but shitting all over civil liberties/life itself trumps censure for being mean to religions any day of the week. Oh, and the last time Americans assembled against the way the country was being governed they were savagely assaulted and arrested.

Blow it out your ass.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the last time Americans assembled against the way the country was being governed, they were ridiculed and slandered by the left, but you make a good point (your response to Muso turns the logic of his own attack on you against him, that is; your original criticism of the good doctor isn't).

Like you, this doctor also makes some good points, and it's nice to hear somebody actually given the opportunity to say some of these things to Obama's face, with the Obama zombies unable to fall back on ":sputt: ZOMG Teh Rassism!!1!!"

They guy is basically advocating simplification of bureaucracy:

a) advocating a flat tax

b) advocating getting the state out of the health insurance business (while still allowing the state to subsidize the health care of the poor)

I don't think calling him a Bible Thumper invalidates any of those positions.

I have noticed lately that, along with finally paying attention to Obama's targeted killing and his waging of a balls-out campaign of drone assassination in preference to capturing terrorists, some of our lefties here are also starting to criticize the flagrant fraud, waste and abuse going on in this administration (which I have talked about before). This administration doesn't fight these evils of bureaucracy, because they operate under the premise that "any spending is good spending".

So, while this was said in the context of a religious gathering (the National Prayer Breakfast), I think he had some good things to say.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

Wow.

I never realized the Irish were so fucked up.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:

How dare he voice his opinions!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

Wow.

It's not like this is a 400 year old law either; it was passed in 2009 or so. :lol:

It doesn't mean all of them think that way, though. Just the majority.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Muso wrote:

Wow.

He's using a straw man to mischaracterise the blasphemy law, it basically prohibits slandering (not criticise, or use religious profanities) religions in publications on pain of a trivial fine. Nobody has yet been fined, and plenty have published religious slander to test it.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
If you're referring to the current economists running the economy, then I'd have to give this guy a chance. Really, he couldn't be worse. Anyone in a vegetative state can push the Print Moar Monies button. So even if it was accidental, this guy might do the right thing.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
mischaracterise the blasphemy law, it basically prohibits slandering (not criticise, or use religious profanities) religions in publications on pain of a trivial fine. Nobody has yet been fined, and plenty have published religious slander to test it.

In effect, Ireland has changed the anti-blasphemy law required by its constitution into an anti-defamation law specific to religion (a redundant law, but it satisfies the requirements of the constitution and fools the old or ignorant religious people into thinking nothing has changed).

But it's still too tempting not to make fun of. "Always after me Lucky Charms!" :lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: