bluetooth autostart: need to issue hciconfig hci0 up
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbart
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: bluetooth autostart: need to issue hciconfig hci0 up Reply with quote

Just a short question:
How do you handle automatic starting of bluetooth services?
For a long time this "just worked" (TM), bluetooth as a startup service and my bluetooth mouse worked without any hacking.

Since a year or maybe more, I always have to
Code:
hciconfig hci0 up
before this starts working again (bluetooth service gets autostarted as ever, and the config options
Code:
InitiallyPowered = false
RememberPowered = true

do not change anything or i don't understand them). I therefore hacked this into the bluetooth init script, where I think this belongs to..

Am I not understanding something or are we supposed to have some service running that enables this (e.g. I just tried blueman and yes, it does get the interface up; I don't want to have blueman running all the time when bluetoothd alone handles my mouse flawlessly as well...)?

Appreciate your (devs') input!

tia!
th
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the script /etc/local.d/local.start to configure more precisely the bluetooth device and other things.

So, as a workaround you can activate the bluetooth interface at startup by putting the commands you need in. If not already created, you have to name the file with the .start extension as local.start to be execute at boot time with the usual first line #!/bin/bash for the Bash shell and make it executable (chmod 0755 /etc/local.d/local.start).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: