dolvm not in genkernel command line when lvm="yes"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmeggahead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: dolvm not in genkernel command line when lvm="yes" Reply with quote

I successfully booted to a GPT hybrid MBR system with grub2 with root on LVM. 8)

However, to get there, I had to change genkernel.conf to have LVM="yes", BOOTLOADER="grub" and manually add dolvm to the kernel command line following my root= parameter. Adding dolvm was really clugy.

How can I get dolvm into the grub2 configuration build rather than having to update it each time I build the grub configuration file?

I'm really lost looking at the grub2 configuration setup and modifying 10_Linux gives me pause. :?

Do I need to specify --lvm when running genkernel or does the LVM="yes" take care of that?

Edit:
I found the weirdest location for the grub configuration file: /etc/default/grub where the default parameter for booting is. I added the "dolvm" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX parameter and it works now.

Having spent a bit of time trying to find why UUID doesn't work in the search command leads to the fact that everywhere EXCEPT grub2 UUID is capitals. It makes sense that the parameter settings would be all lower case --fs-uuid instead of --fs-UUID now that I see it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: