Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[solved] to much hid_* modules
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
emc
Guru
Guru


Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Posts: 391
Location: Cracow, Poland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: [solved] to much hid_* modules Reply with quote

Hi,
I just upgrade to pf-3.7.3 and I notice I have lots of hid_* modules, loaded auomaticly, which I don't really needed. I try disabled them in menuconfig but seems thay are secect by some other options, I can't find out whisch one. I just need basic/common HID stuff.
Code:
# lsmod | grep -i hid
hid_monterey            1490  0
hid_microsoft           2756  0
hid_logitech            6926  0
hid_ezkey               1323  0
hid_cypress             1811  0
hid_chicony             2122  0
hid_cherry              1458  0
hid_belkin              1607  0
hid_apple               5011  0
hid_a4tech              1885  0
hid_generic             1042  0
usbhid                 22467  0
usbcore               121022  6 uvcvideo,usb_storage,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd,usbhid,xhci_hcd

Full lsmod printout:
http://pastebin.com/SD8ReGU7
And here is my .config:
http://pastebin.com/rnqGKQ1d


Last edited by emc on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 1600
Location: US

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emc,

You need to double check your .config :wink: Looking at it I found a few in your grep -i hid that are set.

Code:
CONFIG_HID_CYPRESS=m
CONFIG_HID_EZKEY=m
CONFIG_HID_CHICONY=m
CONFIG_HID_BELKIN=m
CONFIG_HID_CHERRY=m

_________________
Good luck :wink:

Since installing gentoo, my life has become one long emerge :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
emc
Guru
Guru


Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Posts: 391
Location: Cracow, Poland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see them in .config. I just try understand if they found there by accidance or due some settings in menuconfig. I use '/' in menuconfig try to locate tem but if I navigate there, nothing is selected and I don't see any of these drivers. I dont know if manual edit of config is good idea...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 2365
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillWho wrote:
emc,

You need to double check your .config :wink: Looking at it I found a few in your grep -i hid that are set.

Code:
CONFIG_HID_CYPRESS=m
CONFIG_HID_EZKEY=m
CONFIG_HID_CHICONY=m
CONFIG_HID_BELKIN=m
CONFIG_HID_CHERRY=m

Yes that's his problem - if you bothered to research your answer properly instead of racing to be first to post you'd see they cannot be disabled.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 1600
Location: US

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
BillWho wrote:
emc,

You need to double check your .config :wink: Looking at it I found a few in your grep -i hid that are set.

Code:
CONFIG_HID_CYPRESS=m
CONFIG_HID_EZKEY=m
CONFIG_HID_CHICONY=m
CONFIG_HID_BELKIN=m
CONFIG_HID_CHERRY=m

Yes that's his problem - if you bothered to research your answer properly instead of racing to be first to post you'd see they cannot be disabled.

Maybe it's the way I initiate genkernel because I don't experience any extraneous modules - only what I set with menuconfig :?
_________________
Good luck :wink:

Since installing gentoo, my life has become one long emerge :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gusar
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 2643
Location: Slovenia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONFIG_EXPERT=y will allow you to disable those modules. Though I find it weird that they get loaded automatically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
emc
Guru
Guru


Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Posts: 391
Location: Cracow, Poland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gusar wrote:
CONFIG_EXPERT=y will allow you to disable those modules. Though I find it weird that they get loaded automatically.

Yes, worked nicely!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum