View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgeber
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Synaptics, alternative action on click Reply with quote

Hi,

I've recently got a Lenovo X1 Carbon. The pre installed windows 8 (whatever that is) never even mad it to the boot screen in favor of a fresh gentoo installation which went very very well :)

The only problem I've to so far is the rather huge touchpad. Whenever I type, and I type a lot, its in the way and I activate it all the time which results in really nasty effects. So I turn it off with synclient
Code:
TouchpadOff=1
and back on with
Code:
synclient TouchpadOff=1
. Sure I could leave it off and go with the trackpoint but for me this really is about the last option.

I'd like to simplify the process of turning the touchpad off and on by using the Touchpads "click" function. Like MacBooks the entire touchpad can be used to click. I'm too retarded or something to use that anyway so what I'd like to do instead is to turn the pad off and on doing such a click while the normal click is done with taping the touchpad or one of the dedicated clickbuttons above the touchpad.

What ways are there to do this?

By they way I tried setting up palm detection but this just doesn't work for me so far. Thank you very much for any hints you can give me :)

cu
Roman
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: