Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[overlay] unity-gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
Code:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[nomerge       ] gnome-base/gnome-3.6.2
[nomerge       ]  gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.6.2
[ebuild  N    ~]   net-im/empathy-99.3.6.0.3  USE="gnome v4l {-test}"
[ebuild  rR   ~] media-video/cheese-3.6.2
[ebuild  rR   ~]  media-libs/clutter-gst-2.0.0
[ebuild  rR   ~]  media-libs/clutter-gtk-1.4.2
[ebuild  rR   ~]   media-libs/clutter-1.12.2


EDIT:
Can it be that you have a typo in the version string of 'empathy'?
The portage tree contains a package 'net-im/empathy-3.6.3'. Should your package have the name 'net-im/empathy-99.3.6.3.0?

The 3.6.0.3 version matches the empathy version from the Ubuntu release we are predominantly using (Quantal).
See here for empathy versions -> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/empathy/3.6/

Thanks for providing the emerge output, I think it confirms that the problem lies not with the unity-gentoo overlay packages.
But sure would like to know what is causing the problem.

Perhaps another overlay or something in your local-repo is causing the problem ?
Also, when was the last time you performed an 'emerge sync' ?
Just trying to cover all bases here...

I guess the next thing to try would be to 'emerge -C cheese' and 'emerge -pDut @world' and see what output you get ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:

The 3.6.0.3 version matches the empathy version from the Ubuntu release we are predominantly using (Quantal).
See here for empathy versions -> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/empathy/3.6/

Thanks for providing the emerge output, I think it confirms that the problem lies not with the unity-gentoo overlay packages.
But sure would like to know what is causing the problem.

Perhaps another overlay or something in your local-repo is causing the problem ?
Also, when was the last time you performed an 'emerge sync' ?
Just trying to cover all bases here...

I guess the next thing to try would be to 'emerge -C cheese' and 'emerge -pDut @world' and see what output you get ?


I've no other overlays and made the last sync today :)

In mean time I've gone back to 'empathy-3.6.3' from portage tree. Nothing changed, so it really seems it's not a problem of the unity-overlay.
I've opened a thread in the Portage'-Forum http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7232444.html#7232444
Maybe someone has an idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys.
Code:
[blocks B      ] gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts] ("gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts]" is blocking gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions-0.0.13-r1)

Total: 99 packages (13 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 84 new, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 59,783 kB
Conflict: 1 block (1 unsatisfied)

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

gnome-base/gnome-session:0

  (gnome-base/gnome-session-99.3.6.0::unity-gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=gnome-base/gnome-session-99.3.6.0 required by (unity-base/unity-6.12.0::unity-gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

  (gnome-base/gnome-session-3.6.2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    (no parents that aren't satisfied by other packages in this slot)


if i'm trying to merge gnome-session
Code:
[blocks B      ] gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts] ("gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts]" is blocking gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions-0.0.13-r1)

Total: 9 packages (4 upgrades, 4 new, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 4,183 kB
Conflict: 1 block (1 unsatisfied)

 * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

  (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-0.9.5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist[dbus,extensions,fts,passiv,plugins] required by (dev-libs/libappindicator-99.12.10.0::unity-gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-datasources-0.8.0.1::gentoo, installed)
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-datahub-0.9.5::gentoo, installed)

  (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions-0.0.13-r1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions[geolocation] required by (dev-libs/libappindicator-99.12.10.0::unity-gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-0.9.5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)


why so? :( how can I fix it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
Code:
[blocks B      ] gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts] ("gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts]" is blocking gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions-0.0.13-r1)

Total: 9 packages (4 upgrades, 4 new, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 4,183 kB
Conflict: 1 block (1 unsatisfied)

 * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

  (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-0.9.5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist[dbus,extensions,fts,passiv,plugins] required by (dev-libs/libappindicator-99.12.10.0::unity-gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-datasources-0.8.0.1::gentoo, installed)
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-datahub-0.9.5::gentoo, installed)

  (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions-0.0.13-r1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions[geolocation] required by (dev-libs/libappindicator-99.12.10.0::unity-gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-0.9.5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)


why so? :( how can I fix it?

It means you can't have the 'fts' USE flag enabled for both zeitgeist and zeitgeist-extensions packages.
And since dev-libs/libappindicator requires gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts], you should disable the 'fts' USE flag for gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:

And since dev-libs/libappindicator requires gnome-extra/zeitgeist[fts], you should disable the 'fts' USE flag for gnome-extra/zeitgeist-extensions.

Worked, thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 22) gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-99.3.6.3 from unity-gentoo
 * Fetching files in the background. To view fetch progress, run
 * `tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log` in another terminal.
>>> Downloading 'http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon_3.6.3.orig.tar.xz'
--2013-01-28 06:47:54--  http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon_3.6.3.orig.tar.xz
Resolving archive.ubuntu.com... 91.189.92.200, 91.189.92.202, 91.189.92.201
Connecting to archive.ubuntu.com|91.189.92.200|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2013-01-28 06:47:54 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'gnome-settings-daemon_3.6.3.orig.tar.xz'. Aborting.
 * Fetch failed for 'gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-99.3.6.3', Log file:
 *  '/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-99.3.6.3/temp/build.log'

so sad :( fix it please. for me only 22 packages left, I don't want to leave it.
404 'cause new version of gnome-settings-daemon came
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 22) gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-99.3.6.3 from unity-gentoo
 * Fetching files in the background. To view fetch progress, run
 * `tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log` in another terminal.
>>> Downloading 'http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon_3.6.3.orig.tar.xz'
--2013-01-28 06:47:54--  http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon_3.6.3.orig.tar.xz
Resolving archive.ubuntu.com... 91.189.92.200, 91.189.92.202, 91.189.92.201
Connecting to archive.ubuntu.com|91.189.92.200|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2013-01-28 06:47:54 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'gnome-settings-daemon_3.6.3.orig.tar.xz'. Aborting.
 * Fetch failed for 'gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-99.3.6.3', Log file:
 *  '/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-99.3.6.3/temp/build.log'

so sad :( fix it please. for me only 22 packages left, I don't want to leave it.
404 'cause new version of gnome-settings-daemon came

Fixed! I was just upgrading the gnome packages but testing first before committing.
I've only verified that it compiles but pretty confident it 'should' be OK (only committed gnome-settings-daemon for now) ;)

EDIT: OK the rest of the packages are in now and tested.
Only version bumps to Gnome and X11 packages to bring the versions up to what we have in mainline portage.
All good so far but let us know if there are any issues 8)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me again :(
emerged unty-meta. no fails
when starting unity via gdm, just compiz starts.
here is unity --replace
Code:
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: core
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: core
unity-panel-service: процесс не найден
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ccp
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ccp
compizconfig - Info: Backend     : ini
compizconfig - Info: Integration : true
compizconfig - Info: Profile     : default
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: opengl
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: opengl
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: session
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: session
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: showrepaint
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: showrepaint
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: snap
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: snap
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: titleinfo
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: titleinfo
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: dbus
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: dbus
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/active_plugins
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/audible_bell
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/ignore_hints_when_maximized
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/hide_skip_taskbar_windows
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/edge_delay
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/ping_delay
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/default_icon
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/do_serialize
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/overlapping_outputs
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/detect_outputs
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/outputs
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/click_to_focus
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/raise_on_click
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/autoraise
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/autoraise_delay
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/focus_prevention_level
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/focus_prevention_match
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/close_window_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/close_window_button
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/raise_window_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/raise_window_button
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/lower_window_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/lower_window_button
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/minimize_window_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/minimize_window_button
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/maximize_window_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/unmaximize_window_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/maximize_window_horizontally_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/maximize_window_vertically_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/window_menu_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/window_menu_button
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/show_desktop_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/show_desktop_edge
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/toggle_window_maximized_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/toggle_window_maximized_button
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/toggle_window_maximized_horizontally_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/toggle_window_maximized_vertically_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/toggle_window_shaded_key
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/hsize
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/vsize
A handler is already registered for /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/number_of_desktops
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: expo
compiz (expo) - Warn: failed to bind image to texture
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: networkarearegion
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: networkarearegion
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scale


/usr/lib/unity/unity-panel-service
Code:

(unity-panel-service:6647): libindicator-WARNING **: IndicatorObject class does not have an accessible description.

(unity-panel-service:6647): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_client_get_root: assertion `DBUSMENU_IS_CLIENT(client)' failed

(unity-panel-service:6647): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_get_children: assertion `DBUSMENU_IS_MENUITEM(mi)' failed

(unity-panel-service:6647): libindicator-WARNING **: Unable to load icon from file 'audio-output-none' because: Не удалось открыть файл «audio-output-none»: Нет такого файла или каталога

(unity-panel-service:6647): libindicator-WARNING **: IndicatorObject class does not have an accessible description.

** (unity-panel-service:6647): WARNING **: on_indicator_menu_show() called with a NULL entry

(unity-panel-service:6647): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `widget->priv->anchored || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

(unity-panel-service:6647): IDO-CRITICAL **: ido_calendar_menu_item_get_calendar: assertion `IDO_IS_CALENDAR_MENU_ITEM (item)' failed

(unity-panel-service:6647): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_calendar_get_date: assertion `GTK_IS_CALENDAR (calendar)' failed

(unity-panel-service:6647): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_calendar_select_month: assertion `GTK_IS_CALENDAR (calendar)' failed

(unity-panel-service:6647): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_calendar_select_day: assertion `GTK_IS_CALENDAR (calendar)' failed



so. I've got WM but haven't unity-dock, dash, panels, etc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you start the dbus-daemon?
I'd a similar problem weeks ago that gnome/unity didn't want to start because the DBUS was not started.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
Did you start the dbus-daemon?
I'd a similar problem weeks ago that gnome/unity didn't want to start because the DBUS was not started.

sure. started, added to RC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
renegart wrote:
Did you start the dbus-daemon?
I'd a similar problem weeks ago that gnome/unity didn't want to start because the DBUS was not started.

sure. started, added to RC

Did that fix it for you or do you still have the same problem ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
Valentyn wrote:
renegart wrote:
Did you start the dbus-daemon?
I'd a similar problem weeks ago that gnome/unity didn't want to start because the DBUS was not started.

sure. started, added to RC

Did that fix it for you or do you still have the same problem ?


dbus was started and nothing worked. but I fixed it.
to fix that problem: login, ctrl+alt+T, ccsm and reenable unity plugin in compiz, ctrl+alt+backspace → tada :)
I have just one question. can I change the language of unity-panel?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
shiznix wrote:
Valentyn wrote:
renegart wrote:
Did you start the dbus-daemon?
I'd a similar problem weeks ago that gnome/unity didn't want to start because the DBUS was not started.

sure. started, added to RC

Did that fix it for you or do you still have the same problem ?


dbus was started and nothing worked. but I fixed it.
to fix that problem: login, ctrl+alt+T, ccsm and reenable unity plugin in compiz, ctrl+alt+backspace → tada :)
I have just one question. can I change the language of unity-panel?

Great you got it working!! :D
I haven't looked into adding the language changing setting yet, but will happen soon.

I see in your log paste that for some reason the 'unity' compizconfig profile has not been selected and so the necessary unity plugin wasn't loaded:
Code:
compizconfig - Info: Backend     : ini
compizconfig - Info: Integration : true
compizconfig - Info: Profile     : default
This should read:
Code:
compizconfig - Info: Backend     : gsettings
compizconfig - Info: Integration : true
compizconfig - Info: Profile     : unity

I'd be interested when you have the time to try starting Unity with a new user and see if it works OK, thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:


I'd be interested when you have the time to try starting Unity with a new user and see if it works OK, thanks!

worked great for another user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
worked great for another user!

Thanks for that, good to know it 'should' work fresh out of the box ;)

I've got the overlay scrollbar working and is now enabled by default.
It comes with all the functionality and limitations that it does on Ubuntu proper.
ie. Only works on GTK+ based apps, doesn't work for QT, Firefox or Chromium apps.

Was wondering whether or not to enable it by default and decided to keep with what we get on Ubuntu, warts and all.
So it's enabled.

If you want to disable it, it's the 'scrollbar-mode' setting in dconf-editor under 'com.canonical.desktop.interface'.

It's known to cause some issues with QT apps. but although this is supposedly addressed in the latest version from Raring (which we use), it can still cause crashes and complete unusability for applications that have their own static QT libs built-in (like Opera web browser).
If you experience this and don't want to globally disable the scrollbar, you can run the specific application like:
Code:
LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0 opera

For opera I was able to add 'export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0' to the /usr/bin/opera wrapper script that starts opera.

The Opera scrollbar problem isn't a problem on Ubuntu as it's not available for installation from their Software Center.

And if you don't use Opera then no problem - but it illustrates what you might come up against with <insert QT application here>.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. I've found a bug/lag/feature :D sometimes when i run pidgin/gnome-mplayer my tray becomes crazy. so is it bug and how to fix it? does anybody have something like this? here is my printscreen. http://cs419228.userapi.com/v419228880/2712/f8lYjFVgpGA.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
Hi there. I've found a bug/lag/feature :D sometimes when i run pidgin/gnome-mplayer my tray becomes crazy. so is it bug and how to fix it? does anybody have something like this? here is my printscreen. http://cs419228.userapi.com/v419228880/2712/f8lYjFVgpGA.jpg

Hi Valentyn.
It looks kinda ugly and it's been a known problem in the past for Ubuntu -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/839354
Seems it might have crept back in.
Does restarting the offending applications as suggested in that bug report make any difference ?
There's a patch attached to the bug but it's so old I'd guess it wouldn't apply with the version we're at now...

I've hopefully fixed the Lanuage settings for gnome-control-center as you requested.
Can you sync up and test it out when you get a chance ?

Turns out Ubuntu patch out gnome-control-center's 'Region and Language' setting so they can then use their own 'lanuage-selector' application to choose the language.
However this application has dpkg and apt tangled up within it to provide a means to installing the language packs as well as selecting them and so won't run without using Ubuntu's package management system.
So I've just disabled Ubuntu's language setting patch to re-enable gnome-control-center's 'Region and Language' setting, hopefully it works ;)

I've also added in the app-backup/deja-dup ebuild.
Versions of this package in the portage tree have the gnome-control-center and unity integration features disabled, so we just enable those and use the latest version.
This gives the 'Backup' setting under 'System Settings'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:

Does restarting the offending applications as suggested in that bug report make any difference ?

Yes, if i'll restart few times, it matches panel size.

shiznix wrote:

I've hopefully fixed the Lanuage settings for gnome-control-center as you requested.
Can you sync up and test it out when you get a chance ?


Region settings added, but I still can not change my unity-panel's language
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
shiznix wrote:

Does restarting the offending applications as suggested in that bug report make any difference ?

Yes, if i'll restart few times, it matches panel size.

I'll try and reproduce it and look at that patch.

Valentyn wrote:
shiznix wrote:

I've hopefully fixed the Lanuage settings for gnome-control-center as you requested.
Can you sync up and test it out when you get a chance ?


Region settings added, but I still can not change my unity-panel's language

Can you give me an example of where the language settings don't apply ?
When you say unity-panel I'm thinking the appmenu/globalmenu top panel where it shows the application's window title (or menu items on mouse-over).
Or do you mean the launcher panel on the left-hand side's mouse-right-click menu ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:

Or do you mean the launcher panel on the left-hand side's mouse-right-click menu ?

Yes I meant dash launcher. Everything in Gnome is in russian except dash.
And one more thing.
I would like you to add compiz-plugins-extra by default or like an extra ebuild to overlay. Ebuilds from main tree are not working because of version conflict.
Thanks too much. :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
Valentyn wrote:
shiznix wrote:

Does restarting the offending applications as suggested in that bug report make any difference ?

Yes, if i'll restart few times, it matches panel size.

I'll try and reproduce it and look at that patch.


The problem is (more or less) good reproducible with notifications of applications. Thunderbird or Banshee are good candidates on my system to tricker this bug.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently setting up a new system. Unfortunately the merge of 'empathy-99.3.6.0.3' because the depency 'libido3' can't be fulfilled. The package don't exist in portage or overlay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
I'm currently setting up a new system. Unfortunately the merge of 'empathy-99.3.6.0.3' because the depency 'libido3' can't be fulfilled. The package don't exist in portage or overlay.

it's unity-base/ido from overlay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentyn wrote:
renegart wrote:
I'm currently setting up a new system. Unfortunately the merge of 'empathy-99.3.6.0.3' because the depency 'libido3' can't be fulfilled. The package don't exist in portage or overlay.

it's unity-base/ido from overlay


That's still installed...

It seems there is also a problem with 'unity-firefox-extention'. The file 'unity-firefox-extention_2.4.2.orig.tar.gz' is not found for download.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valentyn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
Valentyn wrote:
renegart wrote:
I'm currently setting up a new system. Unfortunately the merge of 'empathy-99.3.6.0.3' because the depency 'libido3' can't be fulfilled. The package don't exist in portage or overlay.

it's unity-base/ido from overlay


That's still installed...

It seems there is also a problem with 'unity-firefox-extention'. The file 'unity-firefox-extention_2.4.2.orig.tar.gz' is not found for download.


try then unity-base/ido-gtk2

'bout the unity-firefox-extension, we need to ask for update of overlay, because new version of unity-firefox-extension released. ubuntu deletes old packages
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 14 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum