Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
FT: Britain Slides Back Toward Recession
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Labour had no 'credible economic policy', Darling admits


Bad leadership lost the election. They did fine up until then. Brown was a good chancellor in a lot of ways but definitely a bad leader.


Which isn't addressing the above point.
_________________
Easy .. easy .. easy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps not, but it gave his knee-joint a nice stretch.

Next he'll pull a Hillary and scream, "What difference does it make?"
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 657
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Perhaps not, but it gave his knee-joint a nice stretch.

Next he'll pull a Hillary and scream, "What difference does it make?"


Um, yeah.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Which isn't addressing the above point.


Yeah it does actually. At the end, Brown's bad leadership had Labour in disarray. That's not the same as economic incompetence.

I notice you've stopped trying to accuse Labour of excessive borrowing during their period in power.

Terrible thing, facts. I've seen many a promising young man struck down in his prime right here on OTW. If only they'd checked the facts...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Yeah it does actually.


Nope, try again :

Quote:
Labour had no 'credible economic policy', Darling admits



Edit and -

Quote:
I notice you've stopped trying to accuse Labour of excessive borrowing during their period in power


That's because your argument, again, had nothing to do with the above. Really, try and focus.
_________________
Easy .. easy .. easy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum