[NotUSA] Rape victim turned away by catholic hospital
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: [NotUSA] Rape victim turned away by catholic hospital Reply with quote

http://www.richarddawkins.net/news_articles/2013/1/18/german-rape-victim-turned-away-by-catholic-hospitals-over-pregnancy-fears#.UQBR3t2TYXc

Quote:
Irmgard Maiworm, an emergency centre doctor, first treated the 25-year-old woman when she walked into the centre in the early hours of December 15 saying that she believed that she had been sedated with a date-rape drug and sexually assaulted.

Dr Maiworm called the neighbouring St Vincent's Hospital, run by the Catholic Foundation of the Cellites, to arrange a gynaecological examination - but she said doctors "fearful of their jobs" refused the request.

According to Dr Maiworm, the hospital's ethics committee, following consultation with Archbishop of Cologne Cardinal Joachim Meisner, had decided not to conduct examinations of sexual assault victims to avoid having to be in the position to recommend options such as the morning-after pill, which run contrary to Catholic teachings.

Another hospital run by the same organisation also refused to help, Dr Maiworm claimed.

"Is repeatedly refusing to treat someone who is probably traumatised the moral thing to do? What kind of morality is this?" the doctor was quoted as saying in the German newspaper Westdeutsche Zeitung. "This, to me, is like the Church of the Middle Ages."

Religions, making the world a better place.
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly deserves tons of tax money and protection through special church laws.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion ought to qualify under sin taxes (too US focused?).

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehehe funny the story behind this story:

http://www.bild.de/news/inland/katholische-kirche/aerzte-weisen-vergewaltigungsopfer-ab-28169126.bild.html

Quote:
Köln – Vergewaltigt und abgewiesen: Im Fall der jungen Frau, die zwei katholische Krankenhäuser in Köln nicht untersuchen wollten, gibt es neue Erkenntnisse. Aus Angst vor fieser Täuschung sollen die Ärzte die Patientin abgewiesen haben.
Laut „Kölner Stadtanzeiger“ hat sich eine Abtreibungsgegnerin in einem der betroffenen Krankenhäuser als schwanger ausgegeben und die „Pille danach“ verlangt. Als sie diese bekam, habe sie das St. Vinzenz-Hospital beim Erzbistum Köln angeschwärzt. Die katholische Kirche lehnt die „Pille danach“ ab, weil sie nach ihrer Meinung einer Abtreibung gleichkommt.

Apparently an anti-abortion activist previously went to those hospitals claiming she had been raped, asked for a 'day after pill' and received it but she took the pill to the bishop of koeln and reported that the hospital was doing abortions.

The hospital claims that anti-abortion activist in Germany routinely test catholic hospitals to check if they do abortions .....
marens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religions shouldn't be allowed to dictate anything in hospitals. They pay 5% or less of the hospital's costs, the same situation as with kindergarten. Why should they be allowed to interfere?
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
Apparently an anti-abortion activist previously went to those hospitals claiming she had been raped, asked for a 'day after pill' and received it but she took the pill to the bishop of koeln and reported that the hospital was doing abortions.

The hospital claims that anti-abortion activist in Germany routinely test catholic hospitals to check if they do abortions .....

Thou shalt not bare false witness...

That's what I love about Christards. They strut around feigning Christ-like virtuosity, but they're truly most judgemental envious lying murderous sacks of shit around.
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Die Staatsanwaltschaft wird nicht gegen die Kliniken ermitteln. Es liege kein Fall von unterlassener Hilfeleistung vor, erklärte ein Behördensprecher.

Well apparently they refused to visit her because it wasn't an emergency (otherwise the staatsanwalt would have acted against the doctors), and because they thought she was faking the rape to test the doctors. Well if she really had been raped and the hospital turned she down it should be a case for the German justice, otherwise the german judiciary system is really rotten.
Now the question is was she really raped or just wanted a pill?

In other words, if it is legal in Germany to refuse to give a day after pill why shouldn't the doctors refuse it?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
Truly deserves tons of tax money and protection through special church laws.

LOLEUROPE? :? :cry:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
erm67 wrote:

and neither shall thou bear it.

aidanjt wrote:
That's what I love about Christards. They strut around feigning Christ-like virtuosity, but they're truly most judgemental envious lying murderous sacks of shit around.

And to think you live in a country where blasphemy is a crime. "Níl aon tóin tinn mar do thóin tinn féin."
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

aidanjt wrote:

And to think you live in a country where blasphemy is a crime. "Níl aon tóin tinn mar do thóin tinn féin."

And that is not all, the Irish are responsible for large part of the Catholic non-sense :-)

I didn't knew that but the Sacrament of Confession as it today was an 'innovation' of Irish monks (another Irish invention) the most numerous and active in spreading the religion in the first centuries of Christianity ....
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

aidanjt wrote:

And that is not all, the Irish are responsible for large part of the Catholic non-sense :-)

I didn't knew that but the Sacrament of Confession as it today was an 'innovation' of Irish monks (another Irish invention) the most numerous and active in spreading the religion in the first centuries of Christianity ....

They're also ruined Boston forever, which was once a nice, clean, productive American town of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant traditions. Now it's full of alcoholic Irishmen (e.g., Kennedys), Irish mafia families (e.g. Kennedys), corrupt Irish politicians (e.g., Kennedys), pompous social climbing Irish assholes (e.g. John Kerry), and freeloading takers like Obama's illegal immigrant aunt, Zeituni Oyongo.
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
erm67 wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

aidanjt wrote:

They're also ruined Boston forever, which was once a nice, clean, productive American town of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant traditions. Now it's full of alcoholic Irishmen (e.g., Kennedys), Irish mafia families (e.g. Kennedys), corrupt Irish politicians (e.g., Kennedys), pompous social climbing Irish assholes (e.g. John Kerry), and freeloading takers like Obama's illegal immigrant aunt, Zeituni Oyongo.

They are innocent regarding John Kerry .......

Quote:
It was discovered in 2003 by Felix Gundacker, a genealogist[7] working with The Boston Globe, that Kerry's paternal grandparents, who had been born "Fritz Kohn" and "Ida Löwe" in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, changed their names to "Frederick and Ida Kerry" in 1900 and converted from Judaism to Roman Catholicism in 1901[8][9] or 1902.[10] Fritz' elder brother Otto had earlier, in 1887[9] or 1896,[7] also embraced Catholicism. The "Kerry" name, widely misinterpreted as indicative of Irish heritage, was reputedly selected arbitrarily: "According to family legend, Fritz and another family member opened an atlas at random and dropped a pencil on a map. It fell on County Kerry in Ireland, and thus a name was chosen."[8][10] Leaving their hometown Mödling, a suburb of Vienna where they had lived since 1896, Fred and Ida, together with their son Eric, emigrated to the United States in 1905, living at first in Chicago and eventually moving to Brookline, Massachusetts, by 1915.[8]

But the Irish monks were also spreading the novel that woman are inferior beings until it was declared an heresy by the Roman church .....

Basically Irish catholics are just like Aidanjt but they believe in god :-)
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...to arrange a gynaecological examination - but she said doctors...refused the request.

I guess the hospital had a full contingent of catholic vaginas that day, no room at the inn for mere mortals if you like.

Catholic guilt makes the human face crease until it resembles female genitals anyway.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be that they knew they were being set up again.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
It could also be that they knew they were being set up again.

Possibly, there's always more to these stories than is reported, but emotive reporting doesn't work when the entire truth is reported. People want to get so mad they spray cornflakes all over their loved ones at the breakfast table, then they can go to work with an attitude.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. :lol:

It's like watching one of those revenge movies (e.g., Deathwish); blowing away the bad guys wouldn't feel as good if they spent half the movie showing how they grew up as poor, abused, neglected children.

Dismantling the power structure of the Church, which competes (for the loyalties of the suck-ass people) with the authoritarian collectivist state, is more fun if they are portrayed as being a bunch of deluded pedophiles (and not a vast group dedicated to the welfare of their fellow man and promoting ideas like peace and charity).

Taking guns away from non-city-dwellers (for whom guns actually make sense, but who also happen to resist oppressive taxes that get mostly spent on hapless, needy city-dwellers), is more fun if they are portrayed as a bunch of scary, ignorant, racist, three-toothed redneck, pig-fucking hillbillies, who are comin; ta gitcha!
PaulBredbury
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:

Is that above or below the taint?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i told the church i was jesus, and they threatened to crucify me....
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

666threesixes666 wrote:
i told the church i was jesus, and they threatened to crucify me....

Thats cos they know if Jesus showed up, he would fuck them up. :lol:
Ahenobarbi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: [NotUSA] Rape victim turned away by catholic hospital Reply with quote

marens wrote:
Laws, making the world a better place.

FTFY.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: