Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Linus Torvalds - Nvidia F_ck You!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LoTek is a bot. No human could unleash such random gibberish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, a cyberdyne system model 101... but thanks for the very thoughful, highly sophisticated argument, I try to understand it the next 10 years and then I'll congratulate you for the nobelprice for beeing the greatest thinker ever lived...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps English isn't your first language. If it's not then my apologies, but in any case how about: capitalisation of sentences, complete sentences instead of flow of consciousness and a spellcheck for whichever browser you use. Then even if your posts are pants* like mine they will be pants that makes sense.

*Pants: a UK term used to denote rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, ok.. thats what you mean.. no, english is not my first language, and not even my second... and yesterday I wrote from my girlfriends laptop and she hasn't a spellchecker and a different layout and I drank a lot of beer :)

I thought it's a waste to begin every post with:
sorry for my bad english...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
hehe, ok.. thats what you mean.. no, english is not my first language, and not even my second... and yesterday I wrote from my girlfriends laptop and she hasn't a spellchecker and a different layout and I drank a lot of beer :)

Ahh beer and OTW, a recipe for disaster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
and btw, I rather be extinct than live as a stupid dick-shooter, raper, "kill and eat the weaker"...


Well, it's a balancing act between the reality of physical form that obeys the natural laws of gene pools wanting to propagate, and the consciousness going "WTF". Whenever you choose either or, you got a problem. Balance the two and you got zen.

At least in theory... :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Quote:
There is nothing inherently destructive, malicious, or oppressive about making a profit. In general, having people efficiently provide valued, quality services and products, at prices people are willing to voluntarily pay for them, without burdening others who receive no benefit, and while creating jobs and adding value to the economy, is inherently creative, beneficial, and liberal.

The people in history who have perpetrated the kinds of crimes against humanity you point to here have universally been authoritarian collectivists (e.g., Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Kim, etc.), all using the same kind of logic you espouse here: "we must all sacrifice and do what's in the interest of the many". Along with "I'll pull out my penis before I ejaculate," this is probably the biggest, most oft' told lie of the human story. :roll:


haha, thats definitely stupid, sorry, so making profit is not destructive? yes, for those who make the profit, but even they will have to pay when there beautiful garden will be destroyed because they destroy the environment... You dont even know what you are talking about, I have worked in a chemistry company and you would be surprised how dirty your profit business is, do you really believe this? I mean, from your posts you dont seem stupid, so I cant believe that you believe such things... Is this the american liberal propaganda? The funny thing is that many people like you dont seem to recognize that your are as extreme as those dictators that you have listed.
haha, creating jobs, yes, years ago the western society sourced out hardware manufacturing to china, thailand etc, since 2000 even programming jobs are outsourced thanks to our neoliberal stupid way of thinking. You are talking like the economy is a god and we have to sacrifice everything to please him. And I dont want to defend stalin if you didnt recognized it, and this stupid word "crimes against humanity", every terrorist talks about this, every american and every other people, goddam...

You are being willfully obtuse. Along with knee-jerking, personal attacks, strawmen, and appeals to ridicule (which together pretty much describe your post), this is a very typical reaction of the deeply brainwashed. Nevertheless, the confusion and chaos of your reasoning is only too obvious. Try not to knee-jerk now, and listen.

As I said, there is nothing inherent in making a profit that is bad. Do profit-making entities do things like pollute and abuse people? Sure they do, and they must be prevented from doing so. HOWEVER, so do non-profit-making entities. State-run factories and collective farms in China, the USSR, Vietnam, North Korea, etc., are probably more guilty of violating the human rights of workers and polluting the environment than any similar entities in the West. The profit motive might encourage cutting of corners, but the same detrimental outcomes result in authoritarian leftist systems from incompetence, waste, corruption, and lack of respect for the individual. As to tragedies of the commons, China has been just as bad a polluter as the U.S., and you should go look at the entire county-sized areas of the former Soviet Union that are contaminated with radiation, anthrax, and toxic chemical waste. Furthermore, authoritarian socialist doctrine has been demonstrated to be a failure and has never once succeeded -- it has universally impoverished the populations which have been subjected to it, and made their lives a living hell of deprivation, hopelessness, and in many cases, death. The history is right there for you to witness: USSR and the entire Warsaw Pact, Red China, North Korea, Cuba, Cambodia, Vietnam ... get some reality in your life and start thinking for yourself.

Even the "mostly socialist" states have floundered. Only those which are substantially capitalist have managed to succeed (Western and Northern Europe, North America, various others). Wake up and smell the reality.

[quote=="LoTeK"]And I dont think that you know much about logic (I do, because its one of my main interests) and what you do (and all others me inclusive) here has nothing to do with a serious logical analysis. And the real world thing, just go to thailand in a hardware factory...

You might think you know something about logic, and perhaps you do at the academic level, but you obviously have never learned to think logically. For example, you are still thinking only in extremes. Why should I go to look at a factory in Thailand, where the workers are being exploited and the environment polluted? Because your simplistic, boolean, binary level of thinking only extremes of black and white demands it? Because you are unable to grasp what I said earlier about optimality requiring a balancing of competing principles? Because you simple, little, two-celled brain has been brainwashed into the belief that anyone who disagrees with you MUST be arguing only the absolute extreme opposite position?

It's like that's the only kind of thinking your brain allows. Why would you bring up some factory in Thailand? It's completely irrational; it's totally illogical; it has nothing to do whatsoever with my position or what I was saying. It's like you are arguing against some imaginary foe, whose positions you have defined in your little fantasy world. You don't listen to what they are actually saying, you just knee-jerk, resorting to your built-in program, based on your pre-programmed assumptions about what they believe and are saying.

You're an extremist; an irrational, strident extremist. You may well be beyond hope, in terms of ever being able to regain independence of thought. You're not alone, though; mcgruff is like that too. You two should pool your resources and hire a cult deprogrammer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
You two should pool your resources and hire a cult deprogrammer.


I'm available. Lot's of healthy food, manual labor, wood-chopping, plum-snaps, talking with mountain people in comfortable setting (think positive, non-rapy Deliverance). Also trekking in mountains, in goat paths, none of that polished and maintained hiking tracks you got in Sierras. You also get to meet people who had to kill to stay alive, and who love their children dearly.

"On the left side, you have amazing, breathtaking vista of wild mountains, rivers and forests. On the right side, there is an active minefield. Would you care for a cup of coffee?"

:lol:

Oh and no internet, gadgetry or comfort for couple of weeks. All analog.

P.S. and before you go "omg mine fields, wtf dude, I don't wanna know", the truth is that you want to know. You see, mine field being there is unfortunate, of course, but once it is there, you want to know. Because the knowledge of the mine-field is not what kills you, what kills you is pretending it's not there, and stepping on it. Illusions are bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just roll some children in there like the Iranians do, for the common good. Long live the Revolution!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You are being willfully obtuse. Along with knee-jerking, personal attacks, strawmen, and appeals to ridicule (which together pretty much describe your post), this is a very typical reaction of the deeply brainwashed. Nevertheless, the confusion and chaos of your reasoning is only too obvious. Try not to knee-jerk now, and listen.

first I think we have a misunderstanding here, because I don't do personal attacks and if I do, then only to respond to personal attacks... I don't have the time to check all my OTW posts, but I don't think I did attack you personally, if so, I'm sorry... But I think you insult people very often, for example I once read a "israeli"-thread were you, macgruff etc posted, and I think everyone who is not a "pro-isrealic, pro-capitalism, anti-sovjet, etc" is an extremist and you have found gods eternal truth.

personal attacks.. :lol: :
Quote:
typical reaction of the deeply brainwashed

Quote:
. get some reality in your life and start thinking for yourself.

Quote:
It's like that's the only kind of thinking your brain allows.

Quote:
You're an extremist; an irrational, strident extremist

Quote:
Because you simple, little, two-celled brain has been brainwashed into the belief that anyone who disagrees with you MUST be arguing only the absolute extreme opposite position?

I don't comment these quotes because I'm going my own way since pampers and I often payed a high price, so no need for me to try to convince you from the opposite, you don't seem to get it anyway...

Quote:
As I said, there is nothing inherent in making a profit that is bad. Do profit-making entities do things like pollute and abuse people? Sure they do, and they must be prevented from doing so. HOWEVER, so do non-profit-making entities. State-run factories and collective farms in China, the USSR, Vietnam, North Korea, etc., are probably more guilty of violating the human rights of workers and polluting the environment than any similar entities in the West. The profit motive might encourage cutting of corners, but the same detrimental outcomes result in authoritarian leftist systems from incompetence, waste, corruption, and lack of respect for the individual. As to tragedies of the commons, China has been just as bad a polluter as the U.S., and you should go look at the entire county-sized areas of the former Soviet Union that are contaminated with radiation, anthrax, and toxic chemical waste. Furthermore, authoritarian socialist doctrine has been demonstrated to be a failure and has never once succeeded -- it has universally impoverished the populations which have been subjected to it, and made their lives a living hell of deprivation, hopelessness, and in many cases, death. The history is right there for you to witness: USSR and the entire Warsaw Pact, Red China, North Korea, Cuba, Cambodia, Vietnam ..

agreed..

Quote:
Only those which are substantially capitalist have managed to succeed (Western and Northern Europe, North America, various others)
not a criteria if something is good or bad... there are many rapers that have succeed in not get caught..

Quote:
You might think you know something about logic, and perhaps you do at the academic level, but you obviously have never learned to think logically

what you think is "thinking logically" is mostly just "think" in prejudices, things that your parents told you when your were a children etc... nothing to do with logic.. I bet every person in the world think that he can think logical
descartes:
Quote:
Common sense is the most fairly distributed thing in the world, for each one thinks he is so well-endowed with it that even those who are hardest to satisfy in all other matters are not in the habit of desiring more of it than they already have.


if you really want to talk seriously we must formalize our argument and look through every sentence, like a program, but I don't think you wanna go that far... Another thing is in such discussions:
one can talk something and there is no way to get refuted, because it's way to complex and no one knows how its really are, but I recognized how silent many people become when the discussion is about something verifiable, like how big is the sum of the angles in a triangle, because then one can be refuted immediately and people don't want to get refuted... so if you like it you can go on saying I'm confused, illogical etc and I don't can refute you, but then again I can't take you serious because stupidity is so mighty that even the gods can't fight it...

I mention the thailand thing because it's a country with very lax environmental laws and therefore the western companies produce their stuff there...
Quote:
it's totally illogical; it has nothing to do whatsoever with my position or what I was saying
it has, because when you want to make profit, then you go to thailand and you don't produce at home with expensive machines that would prevent pollution... it's the thinking of making profit is the only thing that matters that pollute the world and thats the core thinking of capitalism
AND I DON'T LIKE COMMUNISTS, STALIN, CHINA, ETC, GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD!! YOU SAY THAT I'M SEEING ONLY BLACK AND WHITE, WHAT DO YOU SEE? CAPITALISM AND COMMUNISM?

btw maybe when you dig deep enough there are only 1, 0.. maybe not, but our mind operates in black and white, when you try to differentiate and to think in "grey-tones" then you are maybe just a level higher and underneath there is even so only black and white... but of course, maybe not :)

Quote:
Just roll some children in there like the Iranians do, for the common good. Long live the Revolution!

See, thats what I mean, do you think the USA etc didn't made similar crimes?! do you think the NSA/CIA don't kill individuals (US-individuals) for the greater good? sure, AFAIK the US didn't send there children in mine fields, but my best friend was an iranian-refugee and he hates the US because they had there dirty hands deep in this war.
AND JUST TO MENTION IT AGAIN: PLZ DON'T SAY NOW I'M A IRANIAN-COMMUNIST-REVOLUTIONARY :D in contrary I always liked the US, maybe because I'm a NASA and technology fan, but anyway, you won't fly up there soon I think (AND PLZ DON'T SAY NOW OBAMA HAS CANCELED NASA-MONEY) :)


Last edited by LoTeK on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 1954

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? We're bashing Nvidia now on support? Have we forgotten how shitty ATI support has been for the last 5+ years?!
_________________
BK - "Then, after months of loud-mouthed shit-talking and own-fart smelling, you lost the big bet, fair snd square, and are being a baby about it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigun wrote:
Really? We're bashing Nvidia now on support? Have we forgotten how shitty ATI support has been for the last 5+ years?!
that could be and my nvidia card (T420s) runs fine, but I think the thread moved long ago to another issue :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm available
haha, ok, then we could drink some beer with bonekracker and after we beat each other we can calm down and smoke a cigar :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 1954

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
Bigun wrote:
Really? We're bashing Nvidia now on support? Have we forgotten how shitty ATI support has been for the last 5+ years?!
that could be and my nvidia card (T420s) runs fine, but I think the thread moved long ago to another issue :)


To be expected in OTW, just my two cents on the OT.
_________________
BK - "Then, after months of loud-mouthed shit-talking and own-fart smelling, you lost the big bet, fair snd square, and are being a baby about it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum