Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
the obama deception
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Posts: 5213

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: the obama deception Reply with quote

Quote:
The Obama Deception is a hard-hitting film that completely destroys the myth that Barack Obama is working for the best interests of the American people. The Obama phenomenon is a hoax carefully crafted by the captains of the New World Order. He is being pushed as savior in an attempt to con the American people into accepting global slavery.


anyone seen this 2h documentary? just watched it myself and i must admit i'm pretty intrigued... :?

edit: another description of the video i found:

Quote:
The film claims Barack Obama's real agenda is the opposite of what he promised during the campaign. The film claims Wall Street engineered the 2008 recession in order to "repo the country" and that Obama is a front-man used by "the elite" to serve their agenda. It claims Obama has broken his campaign promises by sending more troops to Afghanistan, appointed numerous "finance oligarchs" and lobbyists to high government positions, reauthorized the Patriot Act first enacted by the Bush administration, and wants to create a "civilian national security force" to further militarize the country. The film makes a controversial comparison between Barack Obama and Adolf Hitler's ascent to power.

_________________
goodbye fgo. it was nice knowing you.


Last edited by bunder on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 1101
Location: Rep. of Ireland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they've sussed out Obamas inner circle already? :roll:
_________________
juniper wrote:
you experience political reality dilation when travelling at american political speeds. it's in einstein's formulas. it's not their fault.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Posts: 5213

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AidanJT wrote:
So they've sussed out Obamas inner circle already? :roll:


yeah, something like that... there was a lot of stuff on the bilderberg group, and how they were influencing the country and use obama as their front to the people (er, sheeple). :?
_________________
goodbye fgo. it was nice knowing you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't distinguish if you were being funny or if this is an actual film, until I found it on YouTube. :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it some months back. It's a mixed bag and a lot of it is over the top, but it does contain some interesting material.
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigeon768
l33t
l33t


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 669

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I take joy out of defending the Obama administration, but this conspiracy theorist rubbish is dumb. Not that they're completely devoid of useful facts - but the parts that are true and are important are so diluted you can't trust any of it at face value.
_________________
My political bias.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel uncomfortable watching a documentary from someone other than Michael Moore.
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
truekaiser
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Posts: 634

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a link to it so those of us that have not seen it can judge for ourselves?
_________________
"My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
—Saudi saying
Too late to do anything about it, so just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Obama Deception
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
It's a mixed bag and a lot of it is over the top, but it does contain some interesting material.

++

truekaiser wrote:
do you have a link to it so those of us that have not seen it can judge for ourselves?

I'm astonished you would actually expose yourself to this potentially mind-poisoning propaganda. Come back and report (honestly) whether you watched the entire thing and if you are okay, or if you ripped your eyes out their sockets in a seizure of cognitive dissonance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
truekaiser
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Posts: 634

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
dmitchell wrote:
It's a mixed bag and a lot of it is over the top, but it does contain some interesting material.

++

truekaiser wrote:
do you have a link to it so those of us that have not seen it can judge for ourselves?

I'm astonished you would actually expose yourself to this potentially mind-poisoning propaganda. Come back and report (honestly) whether you watched the entire thing and if you are okay, or if you ripped your eyes out their sockets in a seizure of cognitive dissonance.


the hallmark of a weak mind is the inability to face the challenges to their world view.

as states by someone else in this thread he makes some good points. he also points out some real facts like how he has done a 180 on everything he said he would do. though he does draw some pretty bad conclusions from these and falls into a common trap.

edit: he also mis-represents some stuff and ignores science that has been tested and shown to be happening.
_________________
"My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
—Saudi saying
Too late to do anything about it, so just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truekaiser wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
dmitchell wrote:
It's a mixed bag and a lot of it is over the top, but it does contain some interesting material.

++

truekaiser wrote:
do you have a link to it so those of us that have not seen it can judge for ourselves?

I'm astonished you would actually expose yourself to this potentially mind-poisoning propaganda. Come back and report (honestly) whether you watched the entire thing and if you are okay, or if you ripped your eyes out their sockets in a seizure of cognitive dissonance.


the hallmark of a weak mind is the inability to face the challenges to their world view.

as states by someone else in this thread he makes some good points. he also points out some real facts like how he has done a 180 on everything he said he would do. though he does draw some pretty bad conclusions from these and falls into a common trap.

edit: he also mis-represents some stuff and ignores science that has been tested and shown to be happening.

Well, I commend you for actually listening to it (maybe I should listen to it now).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doubleagent
Guru
Guru


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 444
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
I watched it some months back. It's a mixed bag and a lot of it is over the top, but it does contain some interesting material.
Agreed.
_________________
shickapooka wrote:
i think they programmed [otw] based on a right-wing jewish-nigger-nazi, his gay, retarded, left-wing love slave with webbed feet, and their three headed cat that poops uncontrollably. the cat is also an apple fanboy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pitcrawler
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 154
Location: Oklahoma, USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was about a million* of the same type of documentaries and stories about the republicans and George Bush when he was in power.



*Not literally.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doubleagent
Guru
Guru


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 444
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitcrawler wrote:
There was about a million* of the same type of documentaries and stories about the republicans and George Bush when he was in power.



*Not literally.
The stories are related, and more or less are told by the same people. The idea that there is some mysterious hand manipulating world policies through monetary means is old. So is the story that the president has been their puppet since Carter and sometimes earlier.

I think the more widespread direct accusation of the fed and the cfr is somewhat newer, though. Could be wrong about this.
_________________
shickapooka wrote:
i think they programmed [otw] based on a right-wing jewish-nigger-nazi, his gay, retarded, left-wing love slave with webbed feet, and their three headed cat that poops uncontrollably. the cat is also an apple fanboy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pitcrawler
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 154
Location: Oklahoma, USA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubleagent wrote:
pitcrawler wrote:
There was about a million* of the same type of documentaries and stories about the republicans and George Bush when he was in power.



*Not literally.
The stories are related, and more or less are told by the same people. The idea that there is some mysterious hand manipulating world policies through monetary means is old. So is the story that the president has been their puppet since Carter and sometimes earlier.

I think the more widespread direct accusation of the fed and the cfr is somewhat newer, though. Could be wrong about this.
All US presidents are puppets anyway, to the corporation owners and people with all the money. Everyone knows it but not many admit it. Whether those people are wanting some kind of new world order/are the illuminati/are aliens in a secret plot is anyone's guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitcrawler wrote:
All US presidents are puppets anyway, to the corporation owners and people with all the money. Everyone knows it but not many admit it.

At least we can take comfort knowing British Prime Ministers are ethical, independent champions of the people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pitcrawler
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 154
Location: Oklahoma, USA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
pitcrawler wrote:
All US presidents are puppets anyway, to the corporation owners and people with all the money. Everyone knows it but not many admit it.

At least we can take comfort knowing British Prime Ministers are ethical, independent champions of the people.
But at least they're no worse. :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, shucks. My title was going to be better. "Barrack is like the manager of Burger King."
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Awww, shucks. My title was going to be better. "Barrack is like the manager of Burger King."

A Whopper sold every minute?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 1954

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
I feel uncomfortable watching a documentary from someone other than Michael Moore.


8O

That ranks up there with people who rely on Comedy Central for their daily news dose.
_________________
BK - "Then, after months of loud-mouthed shit-talking and own-fart smelling, you lost the big bet, fair snd square, and are being a baby about it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
pjp wrote:
Awww, shucks. My title was going to be better. "Barrack is like the manager of Burger King."

A Whopper sold every minute?
lol, good one. I was quoting KRS-1 from the video.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you mean "Whopper" as in "lie". :lol: :lol:

Good one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum