PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late, I read it as VW Jetta.
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Good points. Maybe it will evolve.

Are you pleased that I used Fiat in my analogy? 8)

I didn't even notice since it was a natural analogy for me :-)

Well since now apparently FIAT is sponsoring the comeback of mr. Monti and are likely to be behind the next government at the moment FIAT appears to be the lesser evil :-) We are probably going from a videocracy where TV counted more than everything else to be an industrial country again :-)

Should be a good thing for the second biggest industrial power of the eurozone (yep we surpassed france)....
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations.

Here we've got the Celebrity in Chief in office, and our whole country has taken on a reality TV show zeitgeist. Hollywood actors and comedians think they are politicians and tweet-fart their inane views to millions of "followers".
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Congratulations.

Here we've got the Celebrity in Chief in office, and our whole country has taken on a reality TV show zeitgeist. Hollywood actors and comedians think they are politicians and tweet-fart their inane views to millions of "followers".

Well what's wrong with the fiscal cliff? Only 90% GDP/debt ratio .... :roll: :roll: :roll: way to go to catch Japan and Italy ...

BTW minumum essential levels of health care guaranteed to all citizens has always been a goal for us since the 19th century so ethically oblablacare is a good thing from our point of view....
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Congratulations.

Well what's wrong with the fiscal cliff? Only 90% GDP/debt ratio .... :roll: :roll: :roll: way to go to catch Japan and Italy ...

BTW minumum essential levels of health care guaranteed to all citizens has always been a goal for us since the 19th century so ethically oblablacare is a good thing from our point of view....

I would say no, a single-payer system would be a good thing from your point of view. If Europeans understood what Obamacare really is, they wouldn't favor it at all.

Also, that's how you know when a country is fucked: when they start to talk about a GDP-to-Debt ratio instead of a Debt-to-GDP ratio. :lol:
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

I would say no, a single-payer system would be a good thing from your point of view. If Europeans understood what Obamacare really is, they wouldn't favor it at all.

Well health insurance is mandatory, if the (supposedly) poor can't pay a govmt agency will insure them, creating defacto a minumum level of health care guaranteed to all citizens .. What about illegal aliens in obamacare? Spain went so far to give free health card to them as well, but everybody knows how it ended up, recently illegal residents are no longer insured for free there as well.

BoneKracker wrote:

Also, that's how you know when a country is fucked: when they start to talk about a GDP-to-Debt ratio instead of a Debt-to-GDP ratio. :lol:

It is just the inverse proportion, the 2 number are directly related by a linear function, basically it's just the same mathematically.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
Of all the ways people want us to become more "European," that was one I never even considered.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Well health insurance is mandatory, if the (supposedly) poor can't pay a govmt agency will insure them, creating defacto a minumum level of health care guaranteed to all citizens .. What about illegal aliens in obamacare? Spain went so far to give free health card to them as well, but everybody knows how it ended up, recently illegal residents are no longer insured for free there as well.

BoneKracker wrote:

It is just the inverse proportion, the 2 number are directly related by a linear function, basically it's just the same mathematically.

Yes, but not psychologically.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: