printer unable to print
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kas_
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: printer unable to print Reply with quote

Hi, so my printer was working yesterday and now it just doesn't work. This is the only line in the logs from today.
[code]E [11/Dec/2012:14:30:28 -0500] cupsdAuthorize: pam_authenticate() returned 7 (Authentication failure)![/code]
And it's probably due to the fact that I misspelled my password when logging into cupsd.
I tried restarting cupsd, it restarted successfully and my printer seems to be online.
Is it a problem with me or my printer? Because, my printer has done really annoying things in the past so it could be a printer problem. Thanks
The Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't suggest anything without more information. Did you preform any updates? Cancel any print jobs? What type of printer? Have you checked the printer queue to see if its stopped?

And most irreverently, have you tried the Windows solution (tm) and rebooted? Sometimes this helps with my printer issues for some reason.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: