Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Obama miracle! Unemployment rate goes down!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Obama miracle! Unemployment rate goes down! Reply with quote

Quote:

And the unemployment rate fell to a four-year low in November from 7.9 per cent in October mostly because more people stopped looking for work and weren't counted as unemployed.


I am almost disappointed. If you cook your numbers - could you be a bit less blatant? Even Tagesschau figured that out..


http://profit.ndtv.com/news/international-business/article-us-unemployment-rate-falls-to-7-7-per-cent-lowest-since-december-2008-314450
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
petrjanda
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 1557
Location: Brno, Czech Republic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from Bloomberg:

Quote:

The seasonally-adjusted labor force dropped by 350,000, and the civilian labor force participation rate also dropped two-tenths of a point to 63.6%, almost at the 31-year low hit
in August.

As CNBC's Jeff Cox noted: "The report had some puzzling contradictions, particularly
in its assertion that Sandy “did not substantively impact” the jobs count for November. Also, the drop in the unemployment rate appeared to reflect a continued exodus of workers from the labor force."

_________________
There is, a not-born, a not-become, a not-made, a not-compounded. If that unborn, not-become, not-made, not-compounded were not, there would be no escape from this here that is born, become, made and compounded. - Gautama Siddharta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this whole thing saddens me.

As a government you have so many beautiful tools to fudge the numbers and cook your books. It is like they don't even care anymore. :(
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16102
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
this whole thing saddens me.

As a government you have so many beautiful tools to fudge the numbers and cook your books. It is like they don't even care anymore. :(
They don't have to care. They got reelected. I bet Obama couldn't believe he was reelected.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1564
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Big Brother announces the weekly chocolate ration (currently 30 grams per week) will be raised to 25 grams per week. Doubleplusgood!
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This clearly indicated Obama was the right choice for America.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblabla was the best choice they had. :twisted:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama'a a worthless piece of shit with no absolutely zero leadership abilities... and dumb ass voters picked him.


We're screwed.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why he stopped using the hope and change campaign slogan... I mean it still really resonates with so many of his supporters who have gone over the end of unemployment and are always hoping to find some change somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 757
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
this whole thing saddens me.

As a government you have so many beautiful tools to fudge the numbers and cook your books. It is like they don't even care anymore. :(


I don't get it. It's quite standard not to count people who aren't looking for work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
this whole thing saddens me.

As a government you have so many beautiful tools to fudge the numbers and cook your books. It is like they don't even care anymore. :(


I don't get it. It's quite standard not to count people who aren't looking for work.

because they've been out of work so long and they've fallen off the unemployment cliff, the government claims they're not really looking for work. they're officially not employed, but don't meet the legal definition for unemployment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 757
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
juniper wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
this whole thing saddens me.

As a government you have so many beautiful tools to fudge the numbers and cook your books. It is like they don't even care anymore. :(


I don't get it. It's quite standard not to count people who aren't looking for work.

because they've been out of work so long and they've fallen off the unemployment cliff, the government claims they're not really looking for work. they're officially not employed, but don't meet the legal definition for unemployment.


but why all the obama hate? this policy predates him. Stats have always been done like this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
big dave wrote:
juniper wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
this whole thing saddens me.

As a government you have so many beautiful tools to fudge the numbers and cook your books. It is like they don't even care anymore. :(


I don't get it. It's quite standard not to count people who aren't looking for work.

because they've been out of work so long and they've fallen off the unemployment cliff, the government claims they're not really looking for work. they're officially not employed, but don't meet the legal definition for unemployment.


but why all the obama hate? this policy predates him. Stats have always been done like this.

it's not specific to obama... it's that all government officials should eat shit when this happens on their watch. the economy sucks and these guys are using doublespeak to lie to our faces. contrary to what certain people believe, obama doesn't get a free pass because he's black, or a democrat, or any other reason. his administration is openly misrepresenting reality. no official should be allowed to do that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LD
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Posts: 336
Location: Middle of No-Where Granbury, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And lets be honest. For those of us trying to find work like me we only care about one unemployement rate. Our Own which is currently at 100% unemployement.

I'll be honest. I'm still a self-identifying Republican. I voted Obama this last election because Mitt "The Ripper" Romney was in no way shape or form who I wanted either representing me as a republican, nor who I wanted representing me as President.
_________________
[Owner/Operator: Dhampir Dreams]
Last.fm profile
Netflix Profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1564
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LD wrote:
I'm still a self-identifying Republican. I voted Obama this last election because Mitt "The Ripper" Romney was in no way shape or form who I wanted either representing me as a republican, nor who I wanted representing me as President.

Good job. You showed them.
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LD wrote:
And lets be honest. For those of us trying to find work like me we only care about one unemployement rate. Our Own which is currently at 100% unemployement.

I'll be honest. I'm still a self-identifying Republican. I voted Obama this last election because Mitt "The Ripper" Romney was in no way shape or form who I wanted either representing me as a republican, nor who I wanted representing me as President.


So Obama does that for you? Just wondering.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LD
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Posts: 336
Location: Middle of No-Where Granbury, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
LD wrote:
And lets be honest. For those of us trying to find work like me we only care about one unemployement rate. Our Own which is currently at 100% unemployement.

I'll be honest. I'm still a self-identifying Republican. I voted Obama this last election because Mitt "The Ripper" Romney was in no way shape or form who I wanted either representing me as a republican, nor who I wanted representing me as President.


So Obama does that for you? Just wondering.


Obviously not as a representative of other Republicans, but as a choice between him and Romney as representative of the American people yes.
_________________
[Owner/Operator: Dhampir Dreams]
Last.fm profile
Netflix Profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LD wrote:
Prenj wrote:
LD wrote:
And lets be honest. For those of us trying to find work like me we only care about one unemployement rate. Our Own which is currently at 100% unemployement.

I'll be honest. I'm still a self-identifying Republican. I voted Obama this last election because Mitt "The Ripper" Romney was in no way shape or form who I wanted either representing me as a republican, nor who I wanted representing me as President.


So Obama does that for you? Just wondering.


Obviously not as a representative of other Republicans, but as a choice between him and Romney as representative of the American people yes.


That, my friend, is a lose-lose paradigm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LD
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Posts: 336
Location: Middle of No-Where Granbury, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's not the best thing in the world, but you work with what you get.
_________________
[Owner/Operator: Dhampir Dreams]
Last.fm profile
Netflix Profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1564
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LD wrote:
Hey, it's not the best thing in the world, but you work with what you get.

How's that going for you? Working with him, I mean. His proposed solution to the "fiscal cliff" is a $1.6 Trillion tax increase and a promise to "talk about" cutting spending, next year. :lol:
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LD
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Posts: 336
Location: Middle of No-Where Granbury, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
LD wrote:
Hey, it's not the best thing in the world, but you work with what you get.

How's that going for you? Working with him, I mean. His proposed solution to the "fiscal cliff" is a $1.6 Trillion tax increase and a promise to "talk about" cutting spending, next year. :lol:


Concidering my tax rate right now is 0% due to my income being zilch?

Personally I think we'll need to go over the cliff, because I think the entire system needs a top down reorganization. every entitlement, every department, every tax rate, everything. Not just raising taxes on this group of people, or cutting spending on that group. It's got to be every little thing from the top two percent of tax payers to the social security collecting elderly.

Besides, everyone keeps saying don't burden the job creators. We tried that, and they didn'[t create jobs... at least here in the US.
_________________
[Owner/Operator: Dhampir Dreams]
Last.fm profile
Netflix Profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1564
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you just need to be honest with yourself and admit that, now that you're part of the vast unwashed masses, you've abandoned your conservative principles and become a "gimme gimme" socialist. It's okay, just stop deceiving yourself. I'm not even unemployed, but my income has taken a serious hit over the past five years, and I've been seriously considering becoming a Communist, now that the election is over. :P
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LD
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Posts: 336
Location: Middle of No-Where Granbury, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
I think you just need to be honest with yourself and admit that, now that you're part of the vast unwashed masses, you've abandoned your conservative principles and become a "gimme gimme" socialist. It's okay, just stop deceiving yourself. I'm not even unemployed, but my income has taken a serious hit over the past five years, and I've been seriously considering becoming a Communist, now that the election is over. :P


Actually I don't think I have. I just don't side with the Tea-Party that's infected the republican party. I still personally think low taxes low spending are good things for the federal government. I personally think a lot of things should NOT be at the federal level. That they work better at state and local levels and we shouldn't automatically try to do everything at the federal level.

I just wish I had a job making enough to save up and buy a new car that isn't ten seconds away from flying apart on mme.
_________________
[Owner/Operator: Dhampir Dreams]
Last.fm profile
Netflix Profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum