mcgruff's big government hates whistleblowers
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: mcgruff's big government hates whistleblowers Reply with quote

TSA agent notices other agents failing basic contraband detection exams. Agent complains. Nothing Happens. Agent talks to media. TSA puts agent "under investigation."

http://rt.com/usa/news/tsa-security-smith-wsmv-920/
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I just had sleep sex with Julian Assange.

PS:

Quote:
Luckily for Smith, he may have a chance at staying unscathed: on Tuesday, US President Barack Obama signed congressional legislation that provides whistleblower protections effective immediately to TSA employees who report waste, fraud or abuse within the agency. Before now, TSA whistleblowers lacked the same protections other federal agencies have in place.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
I feel like I just had sleep sex with Julian Assange.

PS:

Quote:
Luckily for Smith, he may have a chance at staying unscathed: on Tuesday, US President Barack Obama signed congressional legislation that provides whistleblower protections effective immediately to TSA employees who report waste, fraud or abuse within the agency. Before now, TSA whistleblowers lacked the same protections other federal agencies have in place.

that's funny, because obama has prosecuted more whistleblowers than all previous presidents combined... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=obama+prosecutes+whistleblowers
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's what you should have led with then, not a story about big gubmint allegedly executing whistleblowers when in fact big gubmint has guaranteed their protection.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should have led with Obama prosecuting more whistleblowers than all previous presidents combined?

Hopefully Obama's 180 will be a significant indicator of how he wants to handle matters during his second term. 4 years of actions make it seem very unlikely.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some cases, there may be genuine reasons to prevent the release of confidential data but I would have no problem at all heaping shit on Obama for prosecuting whistleblowers when they should be heard.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Well that's what you should have led with then, not a story about big gubmint allegedly executing whistleblowers when in fact big gubmint has guaranteed their protection.

Once again, you're talking about stuff you don't understand. What this guy has revealed has nothing to do with fraud, waste and abuse. The guy is whistleblowing, sure, but he's not whistleblowing about fraud, waste, and abuse; he's whistleblowing about negligence, which is something entirely different. This new law about fraud, waste, and abuse won't protect him.

Also, you act like this was Obama's iniative or something. It wasn't. It came out of Republican-controlled Congress. The Democrat-controlled Senate and the White House wouldn't dare block such a thing, though, because how would that look? But, Obama has done no "180". He still wants to tax and spend as much as he can get away with, and he will continue to silence anybody who anything to say that makes him look bad, at any cost. :lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: