Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
plz read this
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nona_Nona
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: plz read this Reply with quote

Hello ,my name is Noam. I'm 15 from Israel. 4 days ago started the operation "Page Cloud". the purpose of the operation is to stop the Hamas which is a ruthless terrorist organization that controls Gaza. For years Hamas firing rockets on citys in southern Israel. These rockets hit schools and injure children and interfere the daily routine of the South of Israel. A lot of people who hate Israel and the Hamas want to paint Isreal as a detrimental and even as a killer. I want to clarify. Israel does not murder anyone or harm anyone. Israel protects its residents and herself. I wish I could describe to you the fear prevails here when there is siren that alerts about rocket. It's scary and terrifying ,You have about 90 seconds to run for your life and find a place to hide. You have no time to worry about your friends, your family, no one except yourself and who you're with.
All you got left to do is to pray that the rocket will not hurt you. Now you're probably wondering why I'm writing this. I am not writing this to complain about the situation. I'm not writing this for pity. I write this because I want u to understand that Israel is not offensive here. Israel is not a murderer of innocent civilians here. Hamas is the killer here. Hamas position their "terror centers" between schools to orphanages in order that Israel can not hit them because if Israel will attack there The whole world will come against Isreal. Please share this with ur friends, this information will help me and all of Israel to stop this ongoing terror and perhaps bring peace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWSuWFbiYGM&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86FdnMIcS1A here is video that showing what i just write
[/topic]
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a wild and crazy idea: try being nice to Palestinians.

PS: you're not Noam and you're not 15. Go f*ck yourself.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Here's a wild and crazy idea: try being nice to Palestinians.

Kinda hard to be nice to people who're firing explosive-tipped rockets at you.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Yeah.

Which is exactly why human shields and using civilian structures for military purposes is explicitly forbidden under the Geneva conventions. Nice try at appeal to emotion, though.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
Kinda hard to be nice to people who're firing explosive-tipped rockets at you.

Suicide attacks are nice though !
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of dumb to pick sides, as if there were any innocent parties. Israel does have a greater responsibility to find a road to peace though, because it has all the power.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
It's kind of dumb to pick sides, as if there were any innocent parties. Israel does have a greater responsibility to find a road to peace though, because it has all the power.

Again, hard to do when your cities are being assaulted by increasingly sophisticated and destructive rockets, WHILE talks are suppose to be taking place. Peaceful negotiations can only take place during a cease-fire, you know, during peace.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand why Hamas keeps antagonizing them with never-ending rocket attacks and then all the anti-Zionists freak out and scream bloody murder whenever Israel fires back. What the fuck are they expecting? Israel to just ignore that shit?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratmonkey wrote:
I really don't understand why Hamas keeps antagonizing them with never-ending rocket attacks and then all the anti-Zionists freak out and scream bloody murder whenever Israel fires back. What the fuck are they expecting? Israel to just ignore that shit?

You answered your own question.
ichbinsisyphos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamas needs to keep "antagonizing" them, because the status quo is simply not acceptably for the Palestinian side. That's all they do, fire handcrafted rockets over there from time to time, to keep the conflict cooking at a low flame. Because, yes, if they lay down the weapons they could have peace, but that doesn't make life in Palestine worth living.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ichbinsisyphos wrote:
Hamas needs to keep "antagonizing" them, because the status quo is simply not acceptably for the Palestinian side. That's all they do, fire handcrafted rockets over there from time to time, to keep the conflict cooking at a low flame. Because, yes, if they lay down the weapons they could have peace, but that doesn't make life in Palestine worth living.

They're not just firing home-made rockets now. And how would they know how they'd live if they flat out refuse to try peace? They can't win a military victory, and they flat out refuse peaceful negotiations. What else do you have left besides senseless murder for murder's sake?
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Israel wants peace or do you think they simply intend to impose their own terms on the region?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Do you think Israel wants peace or do you think they simply intend to impose their own terms on the region?

The two are not mutually exclusive.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:

I don't see anything which suggests Israel wants rockets being fired at their cities ad infinitum, and that's at least a starting point to come to terms. That's apparently more than can be said for Hamas which seems to relish in the deaths of their own people like some kind of death cult.
Nona_Nona
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, Israel doesn't want anything with Hamas certainly not war . If it was up to Israel there was peace here long time ago. Hamas doesn't want peace. Why would they? they have really comfortable situation here. they are shooting on citys in Israel, Israel is attacking them back and then they hide behind small children and say that Israel is a murderer.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to tally up do it fairly. How many people has Israel killed, including children? How many rockets were fired by Hamas, and how many strikes (using drones, bombs and rockets) were made by Israel in "retaliation"?

Gaza is like a concentration camp with, for example, a barely adequate food supply deliberately calculated to cause hunger but not so low that people will actually die of hunger. You call that comfortable? OK I'll starve you and see how you like it.
Nona_Nona
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is happening in Gaza is Hamas's business they the ones who control there not Israel. And you're talking about the murder of children what about all the children who are killed by the rockets of Hamas? the Hamas wants to kill them they do it on purpose to kill people. u now what and u know what u cant judge Israel and say what she do or not do because you do not live here. It is very nice to think that the Palestinians are so innocent when they are not shooting rockets on u.
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a break, Nona_Nona.

Quote:
Israel bombarded the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip with nearly 200 airstrikes early Saturday, the military said.

There were reports of civilians among the casualties. At least half of the Palestinians killed in the conflict so far have been civilians, including at least eight children and a pregnant woman.

Missiles smashed into two small security facilities and the massive Hamas police headquarters in Gaza City, setting off a huge blaze that engulfed nearby houses and civilian cars parked outside, the Interior Ministry reported.

Air attacks knocked out five electricity transformers, cutting off power to more than 400,000 people in southern Gaza, according to the Gaza electricity distribution company.

If it's OK for Israel to defend itself by firing missiles into civilian areas, killing children and pregnant women, burning down civilian homes and vehicles, and knocking out power to half a million people (almost none of whom have anything to do with rocket attacks) then clearly these tactics are OK for Palestinians too. If you object to these tactics when used by Palestinians, you must object to them when use by Israel as well.

Last edited by dmitchell on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 9 years old and what is this?
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
If it's OK for Israel to defend itself by firing missiles into civilian areas, killing children and pregnant women, burning down civilian homes and vehicles, and knocking out power to half a million people (almost none of whom have anything to do with rocket attacks) then clearly these tactics are OK for Palestinians too. If you object to these tactics when used by Palestinians, you must object to them when use by Israel as well.

The difference is Israel's airstrikes are against paramilitary targets. Palestinian rockets are fired indiscriminately at Israeli townships and cities.
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
The difference is Israel's airstrikes are against paramilitary targets. Palestinian rockets are fired indiscriminately at Israeli townships and cities.

That's not a difference.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
If you're going to tally up do it fairly. How many people has Israel killed, including children? How many rockets were fired by Hamas, and how many strikes (using drones, bombs and rockets) were made by Israel in "retaliation"?

Tallying the dead isn't a measure of moral correctness, only military effectiveness. The measure of justness of an action is by the intent. Gaza's population density and Hamas's willingness to use human shields and stash weapons, equipment, garrisons, and key personnel among the civilian population (war crimes) means any valid military strike Israel conducts, inevitably means civilian dead. And even on that score, Israeli airmen have a clear documented history of averting their weapons post launch when it turns out there's too many civilians around low-key targets. While Palestinian rockets are unguided and indiscriminately fired at civilian population centres, with Israel's defence systems able to shoot down a lot of the more threatening rockets in bigger places like Tel Aviv.

You'd have Israel bend over and take it up the arse from a bunch of sand thumping medieval savages. When in reality, they have *every* right to defend themselves, secure their borders against assault, and eliminate threats against their people. *EVERY* western nation would react if not as much, then even more aggressively in response to rockets being fired at their civilians in their land. Believe you and me, the USAF wouldn't be long rolling out B-52's packed with Mk-84's if Mexico started firing rockets into Texas.

mcgruff wrote:
Gaza is like a concentration camp with, for example, a barely adequate food supply deliberately calculated to cause hunger but not so low that people will actually die of hunger. You call that comfortable? OK I'll starve you and see how you like it.

Give me a break. Food supply so low, that the Palestinians are the most obese population in the middle east, and are opening up freaking supermarkets with all the free food they're getting.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
aidanjt wrote:

That's not a difference.

It's a significant difference. Anyone with any kind of moral backbone knows that intent means everything.
Koala Kid
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Gaza is like a concentration camp with, for example, a barely adequate food supply deliberately calculated to cause hunger but not so low that people will actually die of hunger.

starving people are starving
and yes, they are starving
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: