View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewwalker27
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: kdelibs-4.9.3 build error (SOLVED) Reply with quote

kdelibs-4.9.3 failing with the following
Code:

Linking CXX executable ../../bin/nepomuk-rcgen
cd /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/nepomuk/rcgen && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++   -O2 -pipe  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -fno-exceptions -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -fno-check-new -fno-common -Woverloaded-virtual -fno-threadsafe-statics -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -Wl,--enable-new-dtags  -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/nepomuk-rcgen_automoc.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/codegenerator.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/fastcode.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/property.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/rcgen.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/resourceclass.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/safecode.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/ontologyparser.o CMakeFiles/nepomuk-rcgen.dir/qrc_templates.o  -o ../../bin/nepomuk-rcgen -rdynamic -L/usr/lib64/qt4 -L/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/lib /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtCore.so -lpthread /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtDBus.so -lsoprano ../../lib/libkdecore.so.5.9.3 ../../lib/libkdeui.so.5.9.3 ../../lib/libkdecore.so.5.9.3 /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtCore.so -lpthread /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtDBus.so /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtGui.so /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtSvg.so -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64/qt4:/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/lib:
cd /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/nepomuk/rcgen && /usr/bin/cmake -D_filename=/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/bin/nepomuk-rcgen.shell -D_library_path_variable=LD_LIBRARY_PATH -D_ld_library_path="/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/lib/./:/usr/lib64:/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/lib/.:/usr/lib64/qt4" -D_executable=/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/bin/nepomuk-rcgen -P /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3/cmake/modules/kde4_exec_via_sh.cmake
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build/CMakeFiles  75
[ 49%] Built target nepomuk-rcgen
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3/work/kdelibs-4.9.3_build'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-4.9.3 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed

It looks like nepomuk problems, anyone else get this or have any suggestions?

Think this could be the cause
Code:

[  1%] Generating servicecontrolinterface.cpp, servicecontrolinterface.h
cd /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/nepomuk-core-4.9.2-r1/work/nepomuk-core-4.9.2_build/server && /usr/bin/qdbusxml2cpp -m -p servicecontrolinterface /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/nepomuk-core-4.9.2-r1/work/nepomuk-core-4.9.2/interfaces/org.kde.nepomuk.ServiceControl.xml
Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library icui18n: (icui18n: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
Could not load plugin at  "/usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so" .  "Cannot load library /usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so: (libgnutls.so.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
Could not find parser plugin for encoding trig
make[2]: *** [libnepomukcore/ndo.h] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/nepomuk-core-4.9.2-r1/work/nepomuk-core-4.9.2_build'
make[1]: *** [libnepomukcore/CMakeFiles/nepomukcore.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/nepomuk-core-4.9.2-r1/work/nepomuk-core-4.9.2_build/CMakeFiles 12
[  2%] Generating nepomukserversettings.h, nepomukserversettings.cpp

Last edited by andrewwalker27 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The later snippet does seem to be the actual problem.
The error seems to suggest, that a revdep-rebuild is required (due to icu upgrade).
andrewwalker27
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the first thing I tried but it made no difference. I also found that openldap wouldn't compile when I tried to re-build it.
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewwalker27 wrote:
That was the first thing I tried but it made no difference. I also found that openldap wouldn't compile when I tried to re-build it.

Do elaborate - either you didn't do it right or /usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so didn't get detected.
The later would suggest a bug in revdep-rebuild.
Well, there is a slight chance that that libs belongs to kde-base/kdelibs itself, then it would be a bug in that package, but I kinda doubt it.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
$ equery b /usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so
 * Searching for /usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so ...
dev-libs/soprano-2.8.0 (/usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so)

So, what versions of icu and gnutls do you have installed?
andrewwalker27
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems to find it ok.

Code:

equery b /usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so
 * Searching for /usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so ...
dev-libs/soprano-2.8.0 (/usr/lib64/soprano/libsoprano_raptorparser.so)

The icu and gnutls versions I have install are
dev-libs/icu-49.1.2 and net-libs/gnutls-3.1.4

I think the problem must be due to a previous upgrade to icu-50.1-r1 which suddenly got hard-masked and reverted to 49.1.2 but I don't know what effect this would have.
I tried revdep-rebuild but that failed at net-nds/openldap-2.4.33 Here is the error but I don't think it's the real problem.

Code:

ls /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so -lgpg-error -lcrypt -lresolv
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -pipe -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wl,-O1 -o .libs/apitest apitest.o  -Wl,--as-needed ./.libs/libldap.so /var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/work/openldap-2.4.33/libraries/liblber/.libs/liblber.so ../../libraries/liblber/.libs/liblber.so ../../libraries/liblutil/liblutil.a -lgnutls /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so -lgpg-error -lcrypt -lresolv
./.libs/libldap.so: undefined reference to `gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [apitest] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [ftest] Error 1
make[2]: *** [dntest] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/work/openldap-2.4.33/libraries/libldap'
make[1]: *** [all-common] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/work/openldap-2.4.33/libraries'
make: *** [all-common] Error 1
 * ERROR: net-nds/openldap-2.4.33 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=net-nds/openldap-2.4.33'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=net-nds/openldap-2.4.33'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/work/openldap-2.4.33'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/work/openldap-2.4.33'

>>> Failed to emerge net-nds/openldap-2.4.33, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/temp/build.log'

Numerous others fail to build such as apr-util-1.4.1 and tagpy-0.94.8-r1, apr-util understandably due to the openldap failure but tagpy fails with this
Code:

/usr/include/boost/python/class.hpp:266:11: note: template<class Fn, class A1, class A2, class A3> boost::python::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>::self& boost::python::class_::def(const char*, Fn, const A1&, const A2&, const A3&) [with Fn = Fn, A1 = A1, A2 = A2, A3 = A3, W = TagLib::ID3v2::Tag, X1 = boost::noncopyable_::noncopyable, X2 = boost::python::bases<TagLib::Tag>, X3 = boost::python::detail::not_specified, boost::python::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>::self = boost::python::class_<TagLib::ID3v2::Tag, boost::noncopyable_::noncopyable, boost::python::bases<TagLib::Tag> >]
error: command 'x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++' failed with exit status 1
 * ERROR: dev-python/tagpy-0.94.8-r1 failed (compile phase):
 *   Building failed with CPython 2.7 in distutils_building() function

I've tried rebuilding gnutls and icu but I still get the same errors.

Last edited by andrewwalker27 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hamlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: openldap and gnutls update Reply with quote

I have a similar situation:

andrewwalker27 wrote:
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -pipe -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wl,-O1 -o .libs/apitest apitest.o -Wl,--as-needed ./.libs/libldap.so /var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.4.33/work/openldap-2.4.33/libraries/liblber/.libs/liblber.so ../../libraries/liblber/.libs/liblber.so ../../libraries/liblutil/liblutil.a -lgnutls /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so -lgpg-error -lcrypt -lresolv

after upgrading gnutls (upgrade which breaks a lot of packages, revdep-rebuild is very needed).
With the USE='-gnutls' flag, the issue is skipped (and I bet, no TLS support).
gnutls reports a lot of "undeclared symbols" when compiling, I wonder if that's related.

Edit: the related Gentoo bug is #421463
andrewwalker27
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be more precise, USE="-gnutls" with openldap cured it. It may also be the cause of samba not compiling as well.

Something is very wrong with gnutls.
toralf
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, could you surround the konsole output with [code] and [/code] tags ?
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, something seems to be wrong with openldap upstream - just read the gentoo bug.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: