View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anyNiXwilldo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Tea Party & Rape Reply with quote

The Dems need to fund a MegaPAC to funnel money to the Tea Party anonymously.

1. "Richard Mourdock said that if a woman becomes pregnant after being raped it was “something that God intended to happen,...
Richard Mourdock had knocked off popular GOP Senator Richard Lugar, whom he beat in a primary thanks in large part to Tea Party support.
Donnelly is now the first Democrat in more than 10 years to win a statewide race in Indiana." God is kind enough to get you pregnant via rape, according to the Tea Party.

2. "During an interview taped Aug. 17 at St. Louis television station KTVI, Akin was asked whether abortion should be legal for women who have been raped.
From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said, referring to pregnancy in rapes. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
McCaskill said in a post-election interview with The Associated Press. "Yes, the comment on `legitimate rape' dominated, but had he not said that, there was a lot of other material to work with." If abortion is murder, it can't be justified by rape. But what do I know? Harassing women at clinics in the 80s was my hobby

3. "Climbing back from his controversial remark about how "some girls rape easy" wasn't so easy for Wisconsin state Rep. Roger Rivard (R-Rice Lake), who lost reelection to Democrat Stephen Smith on Tuesday."
"Rivard told the Journal-Sentinel that his comments were "taken out of context," If you are one of those girls who 'rape easy' you might not want to vote for this guy. Even if you are NOT one of those girls who 'rape easy, you might not want to vote for this guy

What happened? The Tea Party SWEPT UP in 2010. Yesterday they got SWEPT OUT, gaining only 4 seats out of 16.

Hey GOP! Do you think it might be just a tiny bit possible that this is the kind of thing we are talking about when we discuss 'The GOP War on Women?'
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, yeah. Sure.

The Democrat party has had Klan members, therefore all Democrats are Klansmen.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
anyNiXwilldo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Dem have Klan members NOW? Were any of these Dem Klan members up for election yesterday?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rapes occurred at Tea Party gatherings.

Of course, the same cannot be said for the Occupy crowd.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tea Party movement had nothing to do with social conservatism (and only propaganda victims believe that), but it did take the House away from Democrats, and they still haven't managed to get it back.

O.P. needs to learn critical thinking skills or stop trolling, one or the other.
anyNiXwilldo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Tealiban had nothing to do with social conservatism, why were they busy getting arrested at clinics in the 80s?

The Tealiban is the literal face of the GOP- old, white, Xtian, male, hetero and angry at everyone who is not those things.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While there have long been religious fundamentalists protesting abortion, the Tea Party movement started in 2009. Your claim falls into the same category as Obama being a secret Muslim. You need to immediately seek new sources of information about the world around you and see a cult deprogrammer as soon as you can arrange it. There are some good ones working with Scientologists.

I must add that people are assumed to have credibility when the first come into this forum, but I've never seen anyone so rapidly destroy theirs. :lol:
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

and of course this is well documented, as is the cause being part of the occupy movement.

I don't think the claim is that all republicans are rapists. that would be ridiculous. But many republicans are anti-choice, so if you add that to these psycho comments BY ELECTED OFFICIALS (very different from random occupy people) they add up.
ichbinsisyphos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny has found a new buddy.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tea Party & Rape Reply with quote

anyNiXwilldo wrote:
1. ...
2. ...
3. ...

Some will try to say these are crazy outliers but let's not forget Ryan's own anti-abortion views, right at the mainstream heart of a Roe-v-Wade-dumping, rape-ublican administration from which we had a lucky escape.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

The question is, did Ann Wagner legitimately rape Todd Akin?
marens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i.imgur.com/eU7pt.jpg
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be funny if Democrats weren't the ones committing about 90% of rapes. This is also why, if you flip on MSNBC after 23:00 or so, you'll see nothing but shows about prison (I'm serious; it's called "Lock-Up" or something, and it's like this never-ending documentary, not entertainment), because that's what they're audience is interested in, because the vast majority of the people in prison were Democrats too.

Yet here we see the term "rape-ublicans" used and see reference to Republicans as "the rape guys". If there's a Party of Rape, there is not one iota of doubt which it is; it's the party of the rapists: Democrats. Only minds comfortable with Ministry of Truth doublespeak could turn that one around. :roll:

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

and of course this is well documented, as is the cause being part of the occupy movement.

I don't think the claim is that all republicans are rapists. that would be ridiculous. But many republicans are anti-choice, so if you add that to these psycho comments BY ELECTED OFFICIALS (very different from random occupy people) they add up.

There were documented rapes at Occupy camps. As well as murders, assaults, drug overdoses, etc., etc., etc.

But some guy that errs on the side of life is the radical. Dude, I very seldom use the eyeroll, but this is it. :roll:
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy on twitter wrote:
Memo to Republicans: Try running fewer rape philosophers next time.

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:

Republican Party ... Let Me Help You Out

For any freedom-loving conservative who wants to see a viable Republican Party thrive on the national stage once again, my rant from yesterday must be required listening. Go ahead. Click it. Take a listen. For you Republicans, it will make you mad. You need to be mad. You screwed up. You screwed up just as I said – have been saying for years -- you would screw up. You need to listen. Click on the link. When you listen you will know that I’m right.

It boils down to this …

The Republican Party needs an exorcism. It needs to rid itself of these abortocentrist nutcases who are chasing away voters, particularly women. This is about as clearly as I can say it: Abortion is NEVER going to be illegal. Get over it! The sooner you come to terms with this, the sooner you will be able to regain credibility with the voters. Your boys Todd Aiken, Richard Mourdock and John Koster chased away millions of female voters with their idiotic remarks about abortion … and they cost us two seats in the Senate. How bad was it? Romney carried Mourdock’s home county in Indiana! His opponent, Joe Donnelly, was the first Democrat to win a statewide race in Indiana in more than a decade! Are you listening, Republicans? Mourdock was a shoo-in! Then he opened his yap about abortion, and women went screaming for the exits. What did he say? Well – simply put – the message to women was that if you’ve been raped, don’t worry your pretty little selves over whether or not you might be pregnant, because if you are it is, after all, a gift from God!

Now here’s the problem, dear GOP leaders. Read this quote from Wayne Parke. He’s the Chairman of the Vanderburgh County Republican Party. That’s Murdock’s home country --- the one he lost:
Quote:
"I was quite surprised and disappointed that Mourdock didn't carry his own county. But it's an indication that everything you say is so important and that debate comment he made just turned out to be disastrous."

Duhhhhhhh! Really? You’ve learned that lesson now, have you, Mr. Parke? Could you please send some memos to the Republican National Headquarters? Who knows --- if you and the GOP leaders had figured this out months ago, and if the word had gone out that GOP candidates needed to shut the hell up about abortion --- maybe things would look quite a bit different today.

The same goes for gay marriage. If you can make the case that a married gay couple living down the street from you, or across town for that matter, is going to have any negative impact on your own life, then I would say that we need to have a debate on the subject. Nobody has shown me that yet, so how about getting your GOP noses out of other people’s bedrooms? I’ve been on the air for years and never in my 42 years of talk radio has anyone been able to tell me how Joe and Steve living down the block in wedded bliss will have any impact on their life. Come into the 21st century with me on this one and just leave the issue the hell alone. If you’re so determined to defend the institution of marriage – the concept of committed couples living together in a dedicated relationship – then why don’t you turn your attention to Hollywood. Forget about demonizing a gay couple that is every bit as much in love and committed as you are to your spouse. Aim your derision on the Hollywood crowd that looks at marriage as not much more than a new car – something to be traded in on a new model in two years.

And when it comes to immigration, rounding up all the Mexicans in this country and sending them back to Mexico is never, ever going to happen. Do you hear that? It ISN’T going to happen! Does it occur to you that these people come here because they WANT to work? Do you really have such a huge problem with aspirational people? So come up with a reasonable policy on immigration reform, and lock down the borders. No problem with that. But give up this asinine idea that those already here – those who have been here for years – are going to be loaded into railroad cars and sent back to Mexico. Do you really want that? Do you really want to depend on those Americans who would rather spend their days hanging around convenience store scratching goo off lottery tickets instead of putting in an honest days work? Do you really want to pay $16 for a BLT? Yeah .. that’s right. Scare the folks with the actual work ethic away while pampering the moochers and leaches. Yeah .. that works. What do you think a Hispanic American citizen thinks when he sees a political party dedicate itself to the cause of taking a young female college student – a young lady who has lived here since her parents brought her here illegally when she was three – and deporting her to a country she has never known? Do you think it’s likely that Hispanic citizen is going to vote for your candidate? Tell me how that works.

Stop crying in your beer and listen up. America is going to suffer another four years under Obama because of YOU. The Republican party blew this one --- big time. Abortion – gay marriage – immigration reform. The perfect electoral storm, and you couldn’t have played it any worse. Leave these issues alone! Drop them! If the GOP cannot turn loose of this mindless social conservatism, then you will be relegated to second class status (politically speaking) for the remaining days of this Republic, which may not be all that many. The Republican Party as it currently stands needs to die. Like a phoenix, it needs to burst into flames and from its ashes rebuild into a party focused on …
    Limited government
    Tax reform
    A strong military
    The rule of law
    Reducing regulations
    Promoting capitalism – especially small businesses
    Restoring self-reliance
    Honoring the Constitution

Did you see abortion or gay marriage on that list? Didn’t think so. The Republicans need to become more Libertarian and less religiously authoritarian or the Party is dead. It’s amazing that these social conservatives have managed to screw this country they claim to love so much by handing Democrats victories this week thanks to these social issues.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. (And, oh by the way, O.P., other than the "strong military" part, that's essentially the platform of the Tea Party movement.)

The Republican Party needs to stop pandering to Christian fundamentalists. They also need to embrace Hispanics and permissive immigration reform.

If they don't do it very, very quickly, The Thing that the Democratic Party has become, which is an increasingly and alarmingly Orwellian beast, will make it impossible, and this will effectively be a One-Party state, like China, except poor and weak.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we do this more than we have? The DNC definition of pandering to the Hispanic vote is to ultimately authorize amnesty. We have Condoleeza Rice, Clarence Thomas and Marco Rubio, among many others. Is it our fault that in order to get somewhere in the GOP you have to be worth a damn somehow? The left has asstards like Maxine Waters and crooks like Charlie Wrangel. At least our minority members (if you must classify them) have some shred of decency and intellect.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republicans in a nutshell:

I am against abortion because my religion says so. Praying always help.

I am very sick. So I go to a doctor. I am not so stupid just to pray.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
ichbinsisyphos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Republicans in a nutshell:

I am against abortion because my religion says so. Praying always help.

I am very sick. So I go to a doctor. I am not so stupid just to pray.

http://romneymegaprayer.com/
:lol:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scyents of prayer.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Secret Service is "investigating" the man who had this billboard put up.

The Bible passage referred to. :lol:
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
dmitchell wrote:

Republican Party ... Let Me Help You Out

For any freedom-loving conservative who wants to see a viable Republican Party thrive on the national stage once again, my rant from yesterday must be required listening. Go ahead. Click it. Take a listen. For you Republicans, it will make you mad. You need to be mad. You screwed up. You screwed up just as I said – have been saying for years -- you would screw up. You need to listen. Click on the link. When you listen you will know that I’m right.

It boils down to this …

The Republican Party needs an exorcism. It needs to rid itself of these abortocentrist nutcases who are chasing away voters, particularly women. This is about as clearly as I can say it: Abortion is NEVER going to be illegal. Get over it! The sooner you come to terms with this, the sooner you will be able to regain credibility with the voters. Your boys Todd Aiken, Richard Mourdock and John Koster chased away millions of female voters with their idiotic remarks about abortion … and they cost us two seats in the Senate. How bad was it? Romney carried Mourdock’s home county in Indiana! His opponent, Joe Donnelly, was the first Democrat to win a statewide race in Indiana in more than a decade! Are you listening, Republicans? Mourdock was a shoo-in! Then he opened his yap about abortion, and women went screaming for the exits. What did he say? Well – simply put – the message to women was that if you’ve been raped, don’t worry your pretty little selves over whether or not you might be pregnant, because if you are it is, after all, a gift from God!

Now here’s the problem, dear GOP leaders. Read this quote from Wayne Parke. He’s the Chairman of the Vanderburgh County Republican Party. That’s Murdock’s home country --- the one he lost:
Quote:
"I was quite surprised and disappointed that Mourdock didn't carry his own county. But it's an indication that everything you say is so important and that debate comment he made just turned out to be disastrous."

Duhhhhhhh! Really? You’ve learned that lesson now, have you, Mr. Parke? Could you please send some memos to the Republican National Headquarters? Who knows --- if you and the GOP leaders had figured this out months ago, and if the word had gone out that GOP candidates needed to shut the hell up about abortion --- maybe things would look quite a bit different today.

The same goes for gay marriage. If you can make the case that a married gay couple living down the street from you, or across town for that matter, is going to have any negative impact on your own life, then I would say that we need to have a debate on the subject. Nobody has shown me that yet, so how about getting your GOP noses out of other people’s bedrooms? I’ve been on the air for years and never in my 42 years of talk radio has anyone been able to tell me how Joe and Steve living down the block in wedded bliss will have any impact on their life. Come into the 21st century with me on this one and just leave the issue the hell alone. If you’re so determined to defend the institution of marriage – the concept of committed couples living together in a dedicated relationship – then why don’t you turn your attention to Hollywood. Forget about demonizing a gay couple that is every bit as much in love and committed as you are to your spouse. Aim your derision on the Hollywood crowd that looks at marriage as not much more than a new car – something to be traded in on a new model in two years.

And when it comes to immigration, rounding up all the Mexicans in this country and sending them back to Mexico is never, ever going to happen. Do you hear that? It ISN’T going to happen! Does it occur to you that these people come here because they WANT to work? Do you really have such a huge problem with aspirational people? So come up with a reasonable policy on immigration reform, and lock down the borders. No problem with that. But give up this asinine idea that those already here – those who have been here for years – are going to be loaded into railroad cars and sent back to Mexico. Do you really want that? Do you really want to depend on those Americans who would rather spend their days hanging around convenience store scratching goo off lottery tickets instead of putting in an honest days work? Do you really want to pay $16 for a BLT? Yeah .. that’s right. Scare the folks with the actual work ethic away while pampering the moochers and leaches. Yeah .. that works. What do you think a Hispanic American citizen thinks when he sees a political party dedicate itself to the cause of taking a young female college student – a young lady who has lived here since her parents brought her here illegally when she was three – and deporting her to a country she has never known? Do you think it’s likely that Hispanic citizen is going to vote for your candidate? Tell me how that works.

Stop crying in your beer and listen up. America is going to suffer another four years under Obama because of YOU. The Republican party blew this one --- big time. Abortion – gay marriage – immigration reform. The perfect electoral storm, and you couldn’t have played it any worse. Leave these issues alone! Drop them! If the GOP cannot turn loose of this mindless social conservatism, then you will be relegated to second class status (politically speaking) for the remaining days of this Republic, which may not be all that many. The Republican Party as it currently stands needs to die. Like a phoenix, it needs to burst into flames and from its ashes rebuild into a party focused on …
    Limited government
    Tax reform
    A strong military
    The rule of law
    Reducing regulations
    Restoring self-reliance

Did you see abortion or gay marriage on that list? Didn’t think so. The Republicans need to become more Libertarian and less religiously authoritarian or the Party is dead. It’s amazing that these social conservatives have managed to screw this country they claim to love so much by handing Democrats victories this week thanks to these social issues.

shouldn't you be quoting that? it all comes from your first link (unless that happens to be you :) )

Well, that would all be a HUGE step. since most american independents aren't communists, you might snag a few.

you should really have more than two parties. the fringe nut christians could have their own and one a state or something. but your electoral college and republican/democrat control of elections won't allow it.
ichbinsisyphos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you see abortion or gay marriage on that list? Didn’t think so. The Republicans need to become more Libertarian and less religiously authoritarian or the Party is dead.
Translation:
Quote:
Republicans need to become Democrats.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal Boortz wrote:

Limited government
    Tax reform
    A strong military
    The rule of law
    Reducing regulations
    Restoring self-reliance

It would be nice if the Republicans told the social conservatives to take a hike. It's one of the reasons that I don't take a lot of their candidates seriously. But if they are reborn as the neo-libertarian party... I'll take a pass. While I like many of the tenants of libertarianism in theory, and I've got a strong positive emotional response when I hear them, I just don't see it being practical in the real world. In many ways we had a libertarian society, regarding business, in the nineteenth century, and today's regulations, are a direct result of that system being abused. I think defining sane limits should be a government function.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: